PDA

View Full Version : PC - A new start and a new venue

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

The Zlax45
01-12-2014, 02:35 AM
uh when you're not sure, you absolutely talk to the other refs. none of them had it as a high stick and obviously no replay showed it as such. i mean we certainly realize hockey east officiating is awful but last night was actually a good night for them compared to what i usually see.

I guess you didn't recognize him hesitate to make a call on the ice for ten seconds, then conference with the refs before looking at the video. Look at the video...then conference with the refs again, make his call. Nothing would change between his first conference with the linesmen to the second since they are NOT involved in a replay decision.

And if you think that hook called on Rooney was a good call, I have no clue what game you watched as Gaudreau clearly had Rooney's stick pinned between his body and arm held then went down on the ice.

Again, Embellishment on Mauermann...ok sure...didn't know you could make contact with a player off the puck w/o getting called for interference!

theprofromdover
01-12-2014, 11:03 AM
I guess you didn't recognize him hesitate to make a call on the ice for ten seconds, then conference with the refs before looking at the video. Look at the video...then conference with the refs again, make his call. Nothing would change between his first conference with the linesmen to the second since they are NOT involved in a replay decision.

And if you think that hook called on Rooney was a good call, I have no clue what game you watched as Gaudreau clearly had Rooney's stick pinned between his body and arm held then went down on the ice.

Again, Embellishment on Mauermann...ok sure...didn't know you could make contact with a player off the puck w/o getting called for interference!

Jesus, please stop with the whining.

Sportsmaniac
01-12-2014, 09:10 PM
Ted Hart commits to Providence
By Nathan Fournier

The third Hart brother has decided on his college of choice.

Ted Hart of Cumberland will follow his oldest brother Kevin to the Providence College Friars for the fall of 2015.

The middle brother Brian Hart, who is a 2012 second round draft pick of the Tampa Bay Lightning, is currently a sophomore at Harvard.

“They started recruiting me in April,” Ted Hart said, who is now at Phillips Exeter Academy in Exeter, N.H after spending the last three years at Greely High School.

LINK>>> (http://mainehockeyjournal.com/?p=19677)

J.D.
01-12-2014, 10:07 PM
again, what is the issue with conferencing with the other officials and also looking at video replay? there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

and i already acknowledged that that particular play involving gaudreau was a bad call so i'm not sure what your point is.

The Zlax45
01-13-2014, 12:29 AM
again, what is the issue with conferencing with the other officials and also looking at video replay? there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

and i already acknowledged that that particular play involving gaudreau was a bad call so i'm not sure what your point is.

My point is conferring with them AFTER the replay not before the replay which he should do. He looks at the replay, and comes out to conference with them again? How many times have you seen a ref do that? It doesn't happen as the linesmen's opinions are NOT going to change after the replay. So what was the reason he went to speak with Leaman after making the call, and going back into the box to look at the replay again?

The play in question happened right in front of me and Hansen hesitated on making a call on it waiting 5-10 seconds before making a goal or high stick call as he was unsure.

Carmine Scarpaglia
01-13-2014, 06:56 AM
Who cares? BC is a better team than PC, it showed on the ice on Friday and they got that call right. That's all you can hope for from this frigging league.

J.D.
01-13-2014, 08:31 AM
this reminds me of when there was uproar after umass wasn't credited with an illegal goal earlier in the year against BC. as far as i know, zlax, the ref in this case did everything he could to see if it was a legal goal or not. if they had any evidence whatsoever that it was a high stick, they would have called it off. trust me, i've seen more than enough waved off goals at conte.

Carmine Scarpaglia
01-13-2014, 09:05 AM
It's almost like TBA became a Providence fan.

theprofromdover
01-13-2014, 09:17 AM
My point is conferring with them AFTER the replay not before the replay which he should do. He looks at the replay, and comes out to conference with them again? How many times have you seen a ref do that? It doesn't happen as the linesmen's opinions are NOT going to change after the replay. So what was the reason he went to speak with Leaman after making the call, and going back into the box to look at the replay again?

The play in question happened right in front of me and Hansen hesitated on making a call on it waiting 5-10 seconds before making a goal or high stick call as he was unsure.

In 2008 we went to Vermont for two games. Hansen was the official. BC tied it in the 3rd. Hansen signaled a goal, then talked to his crew and THEN spoke to the goal judge before waiving the goal, claiming a high stick. Replays, which weren't in use at the time clearly showed a good goal. Because he left the ice to speak with the goal judge he was sent home by Bertagna and another crew was brought in the next night. Get over it.

PC91
01-13-2014, 01:57 PM
BC sucks and fans of BC suck (especially the REALLY old ones which is about all of them). Plus I don't care for that part of Chestnut Hill. Just sayin....

Jon
01-13-2014, 02:04 PM
BC sucks and fans of BC suck (especially the REALLY old ones which is about all of them). Plus I don't care for that part of Chestnut Hill. Just sayin....

It's good to have some sanity in this thread for once.

:D

The Zlax45
01-13-2014, 03:08 PM
In 2008 we went to Vermont for two games. Hansen was the official. BC tied it in the 3rd. Hansen signaled a goal, then talked to his crew and THEN spoke to the goal judge before waiving the goal, claiming a high stick. Replays, which weren't in use at the time clearly showed a good goal. Because he left the ice to speak with the goal judge he was sent home by Bertagna and another crew was brought in the next night. Get over it.

Goal judges are hired by the home teams. PC doesn't even have goal judges anymore.

The Zlax45
01-13-2014, 03:09 PM
Who cares? BC is a better team than PC, it showed on the ice on Friday and they got that call right. That's all you can hope for from this frigging league.

Yet, BC couldn't beat Brown..a middling ECAC team. At least, PC can do that :-)

So Holy Cross is a better team?

FiveHole12
01-13-2014, 05:33 PM
Correct. Nobody sucks better than us.

Yet, BC couldn't beat Brown..a middling ECAC team. At least, PC can do that :-)
So Holy Cross is a better team?
Wait...
We can't beat Brown, we can't beat Holy Cross...BUT WE CAN WHOOP FRIAR ARSE!
PC91, PC91... you SUCK, at life, at fandom. It's all your fault, it's all your fault, it's all your fault! :D

Jon
01-13-2014, 05:39 PM
Correct. Nobody sucks better than us.

We've been waiting years for that admission.

PC is probably heading into the CC weekend at the right time....

kdiff77
01-13-2014, 06:02 PM
That "middling" ECAC team is a much more dangerous opponent than the slumping (and, frankly, not all that talented outside Gillies) Friars at the moment. I think BC and Denver would attest to that. :)

J.D.
01-13-2014, 06:06 PM
zlax, what measure would be acceptable to you then if you don't want to use your eyes? the hockey east standings? PWR?

Jon
01-13-2014, 06:56 PM
I think multiple people need to let it go at this point. At least throw in some inappropriate jokes about BU while you're on our thread. Standards people! Standards!

(I might have made this thread worse...)

sterlippo1
01-13-2014, 07:49 PM
PC is probably heading into the CC weekend at the right time....

even though they suck this year, going out there for two is not ever easy. We're rooting for you though, at least i thought so before all this vitriol today:eek:;)

The Zlax45
01-13-2014, 08:24 PM
zlax, what measure would be acceptable to you then if you don't want to use your eyes? the hockey east standings? PWR?

Nice job putting words in my mouth..I never said PC was better than BC....just using your way of saying one team is better than another on the ice thus HC is better than BC.