PDA

View Full Version : PC - A new start and a new venue

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

The Zlax45
12-06-2013, 10:53 PM
Worst 52 save performance I have seen...PC hit that kid in the chest with everything! Take the tie and run out of the building was my thought

The Freds
12-07-2013, 01:10 AM
So aside from last year, NU has made our lives miserable. I'd love to see PC get a win at matthews because it's so bloody close to home now. And even though it's Teddy Bear Donation Night (!), wouldn't mind seeing Gillies delay the flying plush animals as long as possible...

The Huskies seem better this year. I'm expecting yet another close game.

It's all your fault. It's all your fault. ...

;)

The Zlax45
12-07-2013, 01:15 AM
That was a BC like tie...play like crap for two periods...turn it on in the third and run out of the building with a tie. I thought PC played fine in the first and dominated possession but that first NU goal was soft and Roy's goal was a beauty. First place on New Years Day is fine with me.

CollegeHockeyRinkReport
12-07-2013, 03:49 AM
http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2013/12/7/5184866/providence-rallies-to-force-3-3-tie-at-northeastern-ross-mauermann-clay-witt

Nice third period comeback by Providence. Ross Mauermann is just on fire.

Jon
12-07-2013, 08:59 AM
Our opponents focus on Gillies, and rightly so. But our offense is GD relentless...

squidjigger
12-07-2013, 10:43 AM
I've got to say it was nice watching all 60 minutes of a game without the distraction of FOF last night...on that note heres a few random thoughts.

-First NU goal was the softest you will ever see gillies let in.

-Aside from being down 2-0 in the first I thought it was a pretty good first period of hockey. Then the refs decided they weren't a part of the game, starting with the boarding call on Acciari. I thought it looked like a pretty good hit but between the ref getting tangled up in the play and the NU player on the ice for a few seconds I think the refs thought they needed to call something. When the play initially happened i didn't think I saw a hand go up, but I might of missed it. From then on the calls became questionable on both sides and the refs started throwing people out of faceoffs and slowed the whole game down. In the long run I think the crap calls slowed down pc's game in the second but luckily help to start the comeback in the third with essentially 5x3 goal.

-Speaking of faceoffs, I'd love to see the percentage won by PC because it sure looked like our offense won everything.

-I'd say 80% of the shots Witt saved were square in the chest. There was a point where he lost his stick with PC putting serious pressure on and he made some great saves, but I'm not overwhelmed by that 52 save game.

-I love Jankowki's game, but last night i thought he held onto the puck too long and tried to get too fancy.

-Our D had alot of turnovers, one I believe led to the second or third goal.

-Mauermann's hustle is amazing. I think thats the second assist I've seen him get this year where he is laid out on the ice and still manages to push it to a teammate for the goal.

-Last thought is extremely random...I love Matthews and I know its the oldest rink in the country, but 1 bathroom? Not to mention some jerk unhinged the doors on 2 of the three stalls last night. What's that all about?

Jon
12-07-2013, 12:12 PM
I didn't find the officiating last night that bad but the NU fans are up in arms over Millea. Which amuses me as they did end the game on a power play. Benny usually seems to have it in for us, but I didn't notice him that much. They seemed particularly annoyed at Belarussian Bob Bernard and his face offs. How long have we been complaining about him?

Netman
12-07-2013, 12:25 PM
I didn't find the officiating last night that bad but the NU fans are up in arms over Millea. Which amuses me as they did end the game on a power play. Benny usually seems to have it in for us, but I didn't notice him that much. They seemed particularly annoyed at Belarussian Bob Bernard and his face offs. How long have we been complaining about him?

Bob just waved you out of the thread!

Jon
12-07-2013, 01:59 PM
Bob just waved you out of the thread!
Typical!

SkinsFan09
12-07-2013, 03:37 PM
Hugely disappointing 3rd period, BUT, PC, when it gets cycling, is a really relentless team and you can see why they are so good. Gillies was not his best tonight. Only Kevin Roy's laser off the pipe and in was unstoppable. Witt's 52 saves are a bit overstated. He had great sequences though, highlighted by the time he was without his stick and kept NU alive. By the end of OT, I was happy NU had managed to tie with how PC dominated the 3rd period. Mauermann was really good all night. I also thought the officiating was acceptable although to be honest. The 3rd period epitomized why PC is #4 in the nation. Before the game, I was just hoping for any sort of points and PC was a huge test. Entertaining overtime also.

The Freds
12-07-2013, 05:08 PM
Happy Birthday to Mike Logan!

satyking
12-09-2013, 01:50 PM
PC wins and drops to number 5, who votes for these standings ???

The Freds
12-09-2013, 08:46 PM
PC wins and drops to number 5, who votes for these standings ???

Umm, the problem is PC tied.

Netman
12-13-2013, 11:37 AM
Anyone get your Frozen Fenway Tickets yet?

The Zlax45
12-13-2013, 11:56 AM
Anyone get your Frozen Fenway Tickets yet?

I don't think it will sell out so I am going to wait till the day of to buy tickets....

cavbim
12-15-2013, 09:11 AM
Take a peek at the pair wise rankings.......incredible as it might be we are first!

The Zlax45
12-19-2013, 12:16 AM
Anyone making the trip to West Point? I will be there as it is always a fun trip out there!

cavbim
12-19-2013, 12:42 PM
Anyone making the trip to West Point? I will be there as it is always a fun trip out there!

Hopefully no bump in the road without Mr Gillies. Army has nothing to lose, being dead last in RPI. They are also without Hearn their top scorer who is suspended Friday by the AHA.. Finally it is their home game

Last time they met Pooley survived with a tie......the last loss predates Lou's debut as head coach

CollegeHockeyRinkReport
12-19-2013, 01:09 PM
Article on big St. John's defenseman Ean Mendeszoon, a high school teammate of Brian Pinho. Princeton, Union, UVM, Maine and Providence all in the mix.

The Zlax45
12-19-2013, 03:19 PM
Article on big St. John's defenseman Ean Mendeszoon, a high school teammate of Brian Pinho. Princeton, Union, UVM, Maine and Providence all in the mix.

You should state that is St. John's of Danvers...there is two St. John's in Massachusetts.