PDA

View Full Version : PC - A new start and a new venue

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

PC91
11-03-2013, 07:52 AM
I have to call this a must win.....good bounce back now lets continue on

I agree it was a must win both in terms of keeping pace in HE and avoiding the sweep but also in the overall picture so they didn't drop out of the top ten.
Next weekends series against Merrimack will be a good one as both teams tradtiinally give the other one fits.

Jon
11-04-2013, 02:55 PM
I agree it was a must win both in terms of keeping pace in HE and avoiding the sweep but also in the overall picture so they didn't drop out of the top ten.
Next weekends series against Merrimack will be a good one as both teams tradtiinally give the other one fits.
Yeah, although given the way this team was between 2003 and Nate's second year, who doesn't traditionally give us fits in HE? Forgetting the traditional struggles against BC, BU, Maine, and UNH - we had difficulties against NU, Merrimack, UML, UMASS and I've still never seen them beat UVM.

We're at #6 in the USCHO Too Early to Care Poll.

satyking
11-04-2013, 05:19 PM
Jon its not where we are in the poll its how we got there, giving up 4 unanswered goals is not what a top rated team does, if we lose a game its OK as long as the other team beats us but go out and lose it because you play poor is not acceptable....I expect to drop a few more this season but to do it fighting and I am sure the staff will see that we do go down swinging not sitting

Jon
11-04-2013, 06:31 PM
Jon its not where we are in the poll its how we got there, giving up 4 unanswered goals is not what a top rated team does, if we lose a game its OK as long as the other team beats us but go out and lose it because you play poor is not acceptable....I expect to drop a few more this season but to do it fighting and I am sure the staff will see that we do go down swinging not sitting
I'm never okay with us losing to BU - too many awful games that I'm trying to forget - but it has to be an educational moment about not sitting on 3 goal leads at ANY point in the game. From Saturday's game, they got the memo.

PcFriars13
11-04-2013, 10:13 PM
Yeah, although given the way this team was between 2003 and Nate's second year, who doesn't traditionally give us fits in HE? Forgetting the traditional struggles against BC, BU, Maine, and UNH - we had difficulties against NU, Merrimack, UML, UMASS and I've still never seen them beat UVM.

We're at #6 in the USCHO Too Early to Care Poll.

I think the only Hockey East team I've never seen PC beat in person is BC... I saw PC beat UVM last year up in Vermont, but it wasn't pretty.

boblav1
11-05-2013, 12:13 AM
FYI - Merrimack is offering discounted tickets for the game Friday night.
http://themackreport.com/merrimack-offering-discounted-pre-sale-friday-vs-providence/

The Zlax45
11-05-2013, 09:45 AM
FYI - Merrimack is offering discounted tickets for the game Friday night.
http://themackreport.com/merrimack-offering-discounted-pre-sale-friday-vs-providence/

of course, I bought my tickets early!

Jon
11-05-2013, 02:44 PM
I think the only Hockey East team I've never seen PC beat in person is BC... I saw PC beat UVM last year up in Vermont, but it wasn't pretty.
I might never see PC beat UVM... they're up in Burlington this year and that's a hard sell for Mrs. Jon...

Dropkicknh
11-05-2013, 09:54 PM
I know it's still a couple of weeks away but I'll be heading down to Providence for the Saturday game against UNH. Never been down there and I am looking for suggestions on things to do in town throughout the day as well as recommendations on food and parking. Also I have tickets in section J it seems like I'll be even with the faceoff dot, is this the end the visitors or home team shoot at twice? Thanks in advance for any and all information.

CollegeHockeyRinkReport
11-05-2013, 10:06 PM
I know it's still a couple of weeks away but I'll be heading down to Providence for the Saturday game against UNH. Never been down there and I am looking for suggestions on things to do in town throughout the day as well as recommendations on food and parking. Also I have tickets in section J it seems like I'll be even with the faceoff dot, is this the end the visitors or home team shoot at twice? Thanks in advance for any and all information.

Federal Hill for Italian is a must. Angelo's or Casertas for cheaper and Andinos for a little more expensive. Place called NY system wieners has incredible hot dogs - it's a mini RI chain but the one on Smith and Chalkstone is near PC campus.

The Zlax45
11-06-2013, 12:01 AM

Parking at PC is 40 bucks per game in a shady neighborhood that I wouldn't want to leave my car.

Just kidding..Parking is free and right on campus next to the rink. MUCH shorter walk than the Whitt!

CollegeHockeyRinkReport
11-07-2013, 03:08 PM
http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2013/11/7/5077570/2014-senior-class-candidates-mac-bennett-michigan-sam-brittain-denver-greg-carey-slu

Shamanski one of 20 candidates for Senior CLASS Award

CollegeHockeyRinkReport
11-08-2013, 10:14 AM
http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/hockey-east/2013/11/8/5079982/hockey-east-weekend-preview-merrimack-begins-conference-play-against/in/4843925

A little preview of Merrimack, Providence

Jon
11-08-2013, 09:17 PM
PC 1 Merrimack 0. Gillies is good at hockey.

PC91
11-08-2013, 09:22 PM
Always a close game between the two schools no matter what type of season the teams are having. Expect more of the same tomorrow night! Hope to see the gang tomorrow night. I'm bringing our favorite Eagles fan and hopefully the Observer. :)

The Zlax45
11-08-2013, 10:48 PM
PC 1 Merrimack 0. Gillies is good at hockey.

I didn't feel like Gillies was challenged tonight. Very little quality scoring chances for Merrimack and the same thing for the Friars.

PC's power play was terrible tonight and had one good scoring chance on their late one. Rest of the PP's were very bad.

MCgrad07
11-09-2013, 07:06 AM
I didn't feel like Gillies was challenged tonight. Very little quality scoring chances for Merrimack and the same thing for the Friars.

PC's power play was terrible tonight and had one good scoring chance on their late one. Rest of the PP's were very bad.

One would figure with a combined 13 power plays there would be more than a short handed goal. The game seemed to lack flow and neither goalie was challenged. Hopefully Merrimack can get a split, but more importantly I hope the teams get a better set of officials. There were too many iffy calls on both teams and I can't remember that many slashing calls. Also I will be rooting for you guys every weekend except for this one.

The Zlax45
11-09-2013, 07:11 AM
One would figure with a combined 13 power plays there would be more than a short handed goal. The game seemed to lack flow and neither goalie was challenged. Hopefully Merrimack can get a split, but more importantly I hope the teams get a better set of officials. There were too many iffy calls on both teams and I can't remember that many slashing calls. Also I will be rooting for you guys every weekend except for this one.

The funny part of the officiating, they let everything go in the first and then turned on the switch in the final two periods!

Onion Man
11-09-2013, 10:07 AM
You guys may actually give us a game in the Mayors Cup this year

PC91
11-09-2013, 12:17 PM
You guys may actually give us a game in the Mayors Cup this year

First time in a while that I'm actually excited about the Mayor's Cup. Some years I've gone just to see one team or the other because they had a solid team. This year it will be see both teams go at it. I think it will be a hell of a game. That said I'm supposed to be away for the Pats/Texans game. I paid the deposit but haven't sent the rest yet. I'm holding out cause this MC is going to be a good one!!!