Clear All

• Re: PC - A new start and a new venue

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/hock...chc/in/4787443

Game recap including quotes from Nate Leaman
    https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
    Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Why do I have a funny feeling I picked the wrong time to move far, far away. Enjoy the season friends.

I'm in Colorado Springs tonight where I saw lots of posters promoting CC hockey. Nice to see PC on the list.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
        I am talking about the elbow penalty he took. Looked to me like it was an elbow with "contact to the head."

CORRECTION: I am talking about Florentino's elbowing penalty.
        1. I think a little leeway on open ice hits is given.....the Luke hit was contact to the head and driving it so he got a 2nd hit to the head via the boards. When Hamilton took out Mauerman for the 2nd penalty that also looked like a high elbow but it was open ice
        2. Speaking of Mauerman...he clearly is a timex watch......he takes a licking but keeps on ticking. He will drive oppositions crazy you think he is one place or you have him trapped on the boards and he darts away. He is going to draw a great many penalties and more than one is going to be a major (see 2 he drew vs MSU).
        3. That was another highlight reel goal by Jankowski. While he certainly can put a little more bulk on that body he is learning fast how to use his size
        4. Gillies posted a picture of him and Janko's post game handshake, hopefully Leaman or the Friar twitter will retweet since I can't seem to find it right now. At this rate come April those 2 may be rooming together a couple of thousand miles off campus
        5. Terrari was hot when he took us to the frozen 4 and Schaefer was also superb 12 years ago, but right now we have an NHL goalie in net. He covers an awful lot potential problems before they escalate and again he bought all sorts of time to get the goals to win this when in reality Miami did outplay us as Leaman even pointed out by them controlling things
        6. Rooney is a real good player and fit real nice on the 4th line last night. Not sure Accari seemed to fit as well away from that line though, but on the right line he will become more of an offensive force.....through high school he always was more of a threat then Derek was and for the part 3 years he has shown what he can do....I suspect Accaribif he stays on 3rd line will put up at least Derek's numbers for us
        7. At one point he had MacPhee out killing penalties, he has also already used Rufo....I think he can basically put any of our 12 forwards on the PK.....though you don't want to take that many penalties as the 3rd period showed
        Last edited by cavbim; 10-26-2013, 06:32 AM.
        Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Here is the link

https://twitter.com/jgillies32/statu...39260610740224
          Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

I say we dispense of student dodge ball between periods. Its stupid and looks bush league.

Comment

Great game last night. Miami is relentless! I love their team speed and ability to control the puck. The Friars put forth some fine effort but Miami carried the play for the most part. Gillies was solid in net only allowing two pp goals. Can't wait for tonight!

It was nice to see the students out in full force until the mass exodus at the end of the second. Just goes to show that they place could be banged out with students if hoop wasn't king at PC. The band is terrible and I hope they take the rest of the year off from doing the hockey games. They only play them part time anyway so they won't be missed.
              Again well done students. You showed up and were loud while you were there! Please make it more of a habit!!!

May have two more if any of you regulars need them. That D bag scalper is back but I'd rather see fans eat them then let him make a dime. Just saying.

Comment

• Originally posted by PC91 View Post
                Great game last night. Miami is relentless! I love their team speed and ability to control the puck. The Friars put forth some fine effort but Miami carried the play for the most part. Gillies was solid in net only allowing two pp goals. Can't wait for tonight!

It was nice to see the students out in full force until the mass exodus at the end of the second. Just goes to show that they place could be banged out with students if hoop wasn't king at PC. The band is terrible and I hope they take the rest of the year off from doing the hockey games. They only play them part time anyway so they won't be missed.
                Again well done students. You showed up and were loud while you were there! Please make it more of a habit!!!

May have two more if any of you regulars need them. That D bag scalper is back but I'd rather see fans eat them then let him make a dime. Just saying.
                Yea, I made a remark to him last knight saying you are just going to resell the tickets!

According to the AD 2 hours ago, only 300 tickets were available for tonight!
                Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Originally posted by F O F room fan View Post
                  Love the win tonight. but there are waaaay too many penalties being called every game. It has to be corrected soon as the on ice product is being affected by the officiating in a very negative way. I dont blame the officials, I blame the ncaa because this is apparently what they want. Frankly, it sucks!!!
                  BC had 2 minors and Minnesota had 3 minors. You guys are hacks.
                  Originally posted by mookie1995
                  bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                  Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                  Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2013...es-a-sick-goal

The Jankowski goal for anyone who hasn't seen it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                      Yea, I made a remark to him last knight saying you are just going to resell the tickets!

According to the AD 2 hours ago, only 300 tickets were available for tonight!
                      Hmm, are they sold out yet? I can't get tickets on line for some reason.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                      -Blackadder
                      "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                      -Casablanca
                      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Last night there were a ton of empty seats for a "sell out"

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
                          Last night there were a ton of empty seats for a "sell out"
                          Which would make my inability to get tickets doubly annoying.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                          -Blackadder
                          -Casablanca
                          "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                            BC had 2 minors and Minnesota had 3 minors. You guys are hacks.
                            The difference between a win and a tie.

Comment

PC91. Just messaged/emailed you. Thanks again!

-Blackadder
                              -Casablanca
                              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

As cav said tonight, the D did not have a great game and Miami spent way too much time cycling in PC's end. Was Bennedetto drugged before the third period? Without Gillies,we pretty much lose. Happy to get a win and a tie this weekend.

-Blackadder
                                -Casablanca
                                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Working...
                                X