Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Women's Hockey, '13-'14: Can we please have a title this time? Please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boston College Women's Hockey, '13-'14: Can we please have a title this time? Please?

The schedule is officially out and OH MY GOD WE PLAY HOCKEY THIS MONTH I'M SO EXCITED YOU GUYS! Glad to see we won't have to run a freaking gauntlet to start the season like last year. Also, someone smartened up and had us end the season with the scum down the street instead of early on. We won't even see the puntable pups until the new year.

More than anything, it's nice to see that the new AD is refusing to schedule McGill for an exhibition. Can't stand that team.
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Re: Boston College Women's Hockey, '13-'14: Can we please have a title this time? Ple

Tony, you are just overflowing with happy joy joy eh?

Comment

Re: Boston College Women's Hockey, '13-'14: Can we please have a title this time? Ple

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
      The schedule is officially out and OH MY GOD WE PLAY HOCKEY THIS MONTH I'M SO EXCITED YOU GUYS! Glad to see we won't have to run a freaking gauntlet to start the season like last year. Also, someone smartened up and had us end the season with the scum down the street instead of early on. We won't even see the puntable pups until the new year.

More than anything, it's nice to see that the new AD is refusing to schedule McGill for an exhibition. Can't stand that team.
      OK, I'll bite (and probably regret it). What's up with McGill? Generally a pretty talented team, right?

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyEast33 View Post
        OK, I'll bite (and probably regret it). What's up with McGill? Generally a pretty talented team, right?
        Go back in the annals of this board, there was a lengthy discussion about it in the past.....Got something to do with McGill ending BC's undefeated football season in 1940's....BC fanatics are still bitter about this 60 years later.....And you are right, MCGill is always one of the strong teams out of the CIS, most years capable of playing 500 or better against a set of D1 teams.

I'm sure Tony does not like the fact that many a good Quebec player ends up at BU, including a TC level transfer from McGill a few years back.
        Last edited by OnMAA; 09-05-2013, 08:54 AM. Reason: spelling..

Comment

How about this for a Title:

Boston College Women's Hockey, '13-'14: March to the top of the hill at the TD North Bank.

You better buy your tickets now, they'll be sold out before you know it.
          Last edited by OnMAA; 09-04-2013, 10:57 AM.

Comment

See here for the same discussion a couple years back.

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?96443-Boston-College-Eagles-2011-2012&p=5209910&viewfull=1#post5209910

And Joe's post here really gives a good idea of the backstory:

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?96443-Boston-College-Eagles-2011-2012&p=5210358&viewfull=1#post5210358

Comment

See here for the same discussion a couple years back.

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...=1#post5209910

And Joe's post here really gives a good idea of the backstory:

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...=1#post5210358
              That was a classic debate of frivolty amongst some vets on this board.

Rolled over laughing while re-reading that whole thread. As TTT used to yell out. GREAT.

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
                Go back in the anals of this board, there was a lengthy discussion about it in the past.....Got something to do with McGill ending BC's undefeated football season in 1940's....BC fanatics are still bitter about this 60 years later.....And you are right, MCGill is always one of the strong teams out of the CIS, most years capable of playing 500 or better against a set of D1 teams.

I'm sure Tony does not like the fact that many a good Quebec player ends up at BU, including a TC level transfer from McGill a few years back.
                I'll go back in the ANNALS of this board, if that is Ok with you....

Comment

Re. "Can we please have a title this time? Please?"

You're talking Hockey East title, right? I mean, what else is there for eastern teams?

Comment

I'll go back in the ANNALS of this board, if that is Ok with you....
                    You funny. Fixed the post, but the irony is given the quality of that previous discussion either word could apply.

Comment

Originally posted by aggieshockey View Post
                      re. "can we please have a title this time? Please?"

you're talking hockey east title, right? I mean, what else is there for eastern teams?
                      ouch!!!!!!!!!!!
                      Fire Chiarelli!

Comment

Originally posted by UCONN FAN View Post
                        ouch!!!!!!!!!!!
                        Lol at a UConn fan joining in a conversation about titles

Comment

Lol at a UConn fan joining in a conversation about titles
                          LOL yes because BC is rolling in them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          Fire Chiarelli!

Comment

Originally posted by UCONN FAN View Post
                            LOL yes because BC is rolling in them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            I would say so, yes

Comment

Also I think your "1" key is sticking

Comment

Working...
                              X