PDA

View Full Version : UAA seawolves thread 2013-2014 the old has gone the new has come

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54

Suze
01-19-2014, 04:29 PM
What school you went to doesn't have much bearing on the future. I'm sure there are plenty of former WCHA players from Jay Beagle's or Curtis Glencross' eras that aren't in the NHL.

True, I just don't follow those teams or players.

Suze
01-19-2014, 05:32 PM
Had someone told me last August we would be at this level at this point in the season I would have dismissed it as just lollypop daydreaming.

I agree, it's very encouraging indeed. I just hope the boys don't get lured into a false sense of security - they have their hands full with the remaining schedule. Very pleased with Coach Thomas.

seawolfpunk
01-19-2014, 06:05 PM
Holy cow almost time to start a new season thread, who'd ever thought we would have a season thread break a thousand posts

Suze
01-19-2014, 06:59 PM
Holy cow almost time to start a new season thread, who'd ever thought we would have a season thread break a thousand posts

:) Major "like"

revfnb
01-19-2014, 08:31 PM
"Top Forward: Tad Kozun- Nipawin Hawks: The likely candidate for League MVP, Tad Kozun is hands down the most complete forward in the SJHL this season, backing up a solid season in 2012/13 with league leading numbers as the Hawks sit atop of the Kramer Division. Kozunís 27 goals have him ahead of all other players by a wide margin and with 13 assists Kozun sits one atop of the pack in points with 40, edging out Austin Daae from the Estevan Bruins who has 39. Yorktonís Tayler Thompson could overtake this race if he can start adding goals to his staggering league leading 27 assists, but for now Kozun is deserving for Top Forward status until somebody takes the scoring crown from him."
http://www.yorktonnews.com/article/20131231/YORKTONNEWS0201/312319997/-1/YORKTONNEWS/sjhl-christmas-break-review-team-grades-awards
UAA will need someone like this to replace Bailey. Glad that Tad is to playing with the Seawolves next season.

uaafanblog
01-19-2014, 10:42 PM
He did, but after he graduated from UND (the 2010-2011 season) he played in the ECHL. In all that time he has only played two games in the AHL - and as you said, he just moved up. I'm not saying Bailey isn't good enough, but when you look at the talent in the former WCHA who has never made it past the ECHL, you start to see how difficult it can be.

Matt Bailey (6ft 1in - 196lbs) is a much better hockey player than Evan Trupp (5ft 10in - 155lbs). Trupp scored 40 goals in 4 years playing with better players than himself (btw ... I lost count how many of them in Trupp's 4 years are now playing in the NHL) on a winning team. Matt Bailey has 40 goals right now playing mostly with guys that aren't better than him and mostly on a losing team. Trupp was a very nice D1 player but he'll never skate in the NHL. Bailey could be every bit another Curtis Glencross.

terloc
01-19-2014, 11:29 PM
Matt Bailey (6ft 1in - 196lbs) is a much better hockey player than Evan Trupp (5ft 10in - 155lbs). Trupp scored 40 goals in 4 years playing with better players than himself (btw ... I lost count how many of them in Trupp's 4 years are now playing in the NHL) on a winning team. Matt Bailey has 40 goals right now playing mostly with guys that aren't better than him and mostly on a losing team. Trupp was a very nice D1 player but he'll never skate in the NHL. Bailey could be every bit another Curtis Glencross.

Or better!

terloc
01-19-2014, 11:34 PM
The UAa coaching staff seems to be looking in the SJHL as a source of quality players. I don't remember anyone recently from Sask. before Tatchell.

seawolfpunk
01-19-2014, 11:36 PM
I second what dd said, trupp is a good player but he also played on a line with brad Malone and Matt frattin so he was gonna get his points. I never heard about trupp getting invites to development camps like bailey has been.

Suze
01-20-2014, 12:08 AM
I second what dd said, trupp is a good player but he also played on a line with brad Malone and Matt frattin so he was gonna get his points. I never heard about trupp getting invites to development camps like bailey has been.

Trupp was too small, Bailey does have size going for him. I certainly hope he ends up in the NHL, and I didn't mean to insult his ability AT ALL. Nothing would make me happier than to see him in the big show, and I hope DD is right about that!

seawolfpunk
01-20-2014, 12:10 AM
Trupp was too small, Bailey does have size going for him. I certainly hope he ends up in the NHL, and I didn't mean to insult his ability AT ALL. Nothing would make me happier than to see him in the big show, and I hope DD is right about that!

If the jets sign him, he will be, and I bet he plays for them right away, after our season is done..

But that's in the future let's talk about northern Michigan folks

Seawolf Fan
01-20-2014, 12:45 AM
Scott Allen at 100% for NMU would sure be a blessing. His fire power really helps. Understatement.
Other than bumps and bruises I'm hoping we came out of Alabama healthy.

Punk...when ya gonna start a Seawolf/Wildcat or is it Wild Cat? thread?????

seawolfpunk
01-20-2014, 12:59 AM
Scott Allen at 100% for NMU would sure be a blessing. His fire power really helps. Understatement.

I don't usually start threads unless it's gov cup or goofers series

Suze
01-20-2014, 01:03 AM
If the jets sign him, he will be, and I bet he plays for them right away, after our season is done..

But that's in the future let's talk about northern Michigan folks

Again, I hope you are right. I was hoping we'd see Tommy Grant in the NHL as well, he had a lot of talent ... but he's in the ECHL too. :(

Suze
01-20-2014, 01:03 AM

We are waiting for you to start one, Seawolf Fan!

Seawolf Fan
01-20-2014, 01:05 AM
Well the rodents aren't coming this year and the gov cup is a long ways off. So.....??????
Anybody know where and when NMU is practicing this week?

Seawolf Fan
01-20-2014, 01:06 AM
Or by goofers did you mean that outfit from the edge of nowhere?

Seawolf Fan
01-20-2014, 01:12 AM
Again, I hope you are right. I was hoping we'd see Tommy Grant in the NHL as well, he had a lot of talent ... but he's in the ECHL too. :(
And Tommy can shoot it so who knows how a guy will progress from here.
Makes a great argument (to the parents) for going the college route.

Suze
01-20-2014, 09:09 PM
And Tommy can shoot it so who knows how a guy will progress from here.
Makes a great argument (to the parents) for going the college route.

I totally agree. I wonder if Crowder regrets not coming back for his senior year and getting that degree?

Seawolf Fan
01-20-2014, 10:02 PM
I totally agree. I wonder if Crowder regrets not coming back for his senior year and getting that degree?
Not a loaded question.
Does anyone have any idea where he is or what he's doing now?
Paul did play quite a bit of AHL.