PDA

View Full Version : UAA seawolves thread 2013-2014 the old has gone the new has come

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54

Jimjamesak
01-14-2014, 05:48 PM
Boo on College Hockey News for naming Northeastern Team of the Week instead of UAA. One played one game outside in their city and won while another arrived less than 24 hours before game time, traveling all day across three time zones and swept! Boo!

seawolfpunk
01-14-2014, 06:08 PM
Boo on College Hockey News for naming Northeastern Team of the Week instead of UAA. One played one game outside in their city and won while another arrived less than 24 hours before game time, traveling all day across three time zones and swept! Boo!

Isn't the chn team of the week kind of like making the cover of sports illustrated jinx?

Suze
01-14-2014, 08:45 PM
Kamal got wcha defensive player of the week

Yes! Well deserved honor. I am extremely happy for Chris.

Seawolf Fan
01-14-2014, 08:46 PM
Kamal got wcha defensive player of the week
And it was well deserved by Chris Kamal the Wall!!

Seawolf Fan
01-14-2014, 08:48 PM
And then to top it off Chris is a down to earth nice guy.

seawolfpunk
01-14-2014, 10:26 PM
And then to top it off Chris is a down to earth nice guy.

I second that.

Suze
01-15-2014, 01:27 AM

When did he get that nickname? Is it new? Remember Paul The Wall? That was a long time ago, eh?

Jimjamesak
01-15-2014, 02:11 AM
I prefer to call him the Camel.

Seawolf Fan
01-15-2014, 09:27 AM
I prefer to call him the Camel.
His freshman year Camel seemed right but his name rhymes and sounds like wall (kamall). Paul The Wall, Kamal The Wall.

gfmorris
01-15-2014, 03:48 PM
Hey gang! I (poorly) broadcast our games, which means that those of you in Alaska will be hearing my drawl on color commentary and perhaps play-by-play (seems to happen that my partner misses once a weekend). I want pronunciation help, and I know that y'all will help me. :)

CAPS has primary syllable
Title case has secondary syllable
lowercase has no stress

In alphabetical order:
AL-en
BAY-lee
CAM-Er-on
COLD-well
DOCK-en
DOO-sick
DOO-we
FREE-sen
GUN-Der-son
HUBBS
cuh-MALL
KWAZ (instead of KWASS)
LEESK
MATH-yoos
MAT-yuhs (instead of MAT-yahs)
MURR-fee
oh-BAR-Zuh-neck
PET-it
RASS-uhl (instead of RAS-sell or RAZ-uhl)
WAH (or 40-60 it's ROY as in Rogers)
SEHV-Uhl-rood
SPROOL (like SPOOL but with an R in it)
TAT-chuhl (instead of TATCH-ell or Tat-CHELL)
TRUHP
van AL-en
WILL-yums
WRIGHT

Am I missing something? I need to put number/name into my head starting on Thursday night (I have grad school stuff to shove in before then). I appreciate all help.

GFM

seawolfpunk
01-15-2014, 03:59 PM
Hey gang! I (poorly) broadcast our games, which means that those of you in Alaska will be hearing my drawl on color commentary and perhaps play-by-play (seems to happen that my partner misses once a weekend). I want pronunciation help, and I know that y'all will help me. :)

CAPS has primary syllable
Title case has secondary syllable
lowercase has no stress

In alphabetical order:
AL-en
BAY-lee
CAM-Er-on
COLD-well
DOCK-en
DOO-sick
DOO-we
FREE-sen
GUN-Der-son
HUBBS
cuh-MALL
KWAZ (instead of KWASS)
LEESK
MATH-yoos
MAT-yuhs (instead of MAT-yahs)
MURR-fee
oh-BAR-Zuh-neck
PET-it
RASS-uhl (instead of RAS-sell or RAZ-uhl)
WAH (or 40-60 it's ROY as in Rogers)
SEHV-Uhl-rood
SPROOL (like SPOOL but with an R in it)
TAT-chuhl (instead of TATCH-ell or Tat-CHELL)
TRUHP
van AL-en
WILL-yums
WRIGHT

Am I missing something? I need to put number/name into my head starting on Thursday night (I have grad school stuff to shove in before then). I appreciate all help.

GFM
Those all sound good expect just say roy instead of rah for kory Roy, and I don't think you will have to worry about obarzanek, he hasn't played all year and I haven't seen him at the games so I'm not sure if he's still on the team.

Everything else sounds good

gfmorris
01-15-2014, 04:28 PM
Those all sound good expect just say roy instead of rah for kory Roy, and I don't think you will have to worry about obarzanek, he hasn't played all year and I haven't seen him at the games so I'm not sure if he's still on the team.

Thanks! After blowing up Freibergs last weekend (dyslexia kicked in), I wanted to be better prepared. Name-and-number flash cards it is!

GFM

Alaska Hockey
01-15-2014, 05:27 PM
Wish I could go too! :( My brother, his wife & his 6 kids & his mother-in-law all live just outside of Huntsvile. I'm going try talking him to going to the game.

On Saturday night when I was listening to Kurt & Tuttle on the way home.. Kurt said "I hope to be in some sunny 60-something degrees in Huntsville this Friday"...

But on the 10-day weather forecast, they're predicting on Friday, 01/17:

Anchorage ☀ high 36 / low 31
Huntsville ❈ high 33 / low 23

Poor Kurty Kurt.. :D

great promotions in Huntsville this weekend all vet's and kids get in free and on Saturday night the first 500 kids get a camo charger jersey (glad i packed my fake get into the movies for kid prices ID ) sweet...

Suze
01-15-2014, 06:26 PM

MAT-yus is incorrect. It's pronounced MATTY-us. That had all of us stumped, our local paper actually did a story on how to pronounce his name.

BTW, thanks for asking! They butchered our players names in Wisconsin. We had a Razzle and a Lea-sick when we played the Badgers. :)

Suze
01-15-2014, 06:31 PM
great promotions in Huntsville this weekend all vet's and kids get in free and on Saturday night the first 500 kids get a camo charger jersey (glad i packed my fake get into the movies for kid prices ID ) sweet...

Wow, great promo. Wish UAA would do that!

Seawolf Fan
01-15-2014, 08:35 PM
SEHV-Uhl-rood is Sev-ul-rude not sure if rood and rude are the same sound
It's rude like a nooks fan

Seawolf Fan
01-15-2014, 08:50 PM
See Williams being discussed over on the other thread. For what it's worth he's got size, grit and excellent wheels. Needs some settling. He's a little bit of a loose cannon on the outlet pass. He carries the puck well and if he would just settle his head a little......with maturity and 15/20 pounds of muscle he'll be NHL material.

gfmorris
01-16-2014, 02:16 PM
SEHV-Uhl-rood is Sev-ul-rude not sure if rood and rude are the same sound
It's rude like a nooks fan

That's what I was after. Thanks, Suze, for MATTY-us. This reminds me that I need to share this with our PA guy, too.

GFM

Suze
01-16-2014, 05:28 PM
That's what I was after. Thanks, Suze, for MATTY-us. This reminds me that I need to share this with our PA guy, too.

GFM

You're welcome, but I don't expect to see him in net this weekend.

Does anyone know if Thomas is recruiting a 3rd goalie for next season?

uaafanblog
01-17-2014, 01:13 AM
You're welcome, but I don't expect to see him in net this weekend.

Does anyone know if Thomas is recruiting a 3rd goalie for next season?

Wonder if they'd consider sorta reserving the 3rd goalie spot for a local walk on? It frees up a schollie that you can use on a skater ...