PDA

View Full Version : UAA seawolves thread 2013-2014 the old has gone the new has come

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54

revfnb
01-11-2014, 01:35 AM
I thought bought teams worked very hard tonight. Glad to see the two nice goals for UAA to pull it out.
GO SEAWOLVES!

Jimjamesak
01-11-2014, 01:56 AM
Kato needs to call the cops because that was a robbery. I'm still shocked we won that game. That was an absolute gutsy effort by the guys. That game shows the difference between this year's team and the teams of the past.

Suze
01-11-2014, 02:22 AM
Kato needs to call the cops because that was a robbery. I'm still shocked we won that game. That was an absolute gutsy effort by the guys. That game shows the difference between this year's team and the teams of the past.

I'm shocked too, but we had them right where we wanted them! We lulled their goalie to sleep and then struck with the winning goal! ;)

Seawolf Fan
01-11-2014, 02:37 AM
It's a new day.
How about this team is learning how to win games?
It's a great day to be a Seawolf!

AKSWF
01-11-2014, 02:50 AM
Great win for the boys! A sweep would bee monumental confidence wise, the cows just never capitalized on their opportunities. Kamal has been playing darn good, hope he gets the start tomorrow. Blake Tatchell makes some great plays, and is getting his points total up but he leaves something more desired. He is either inconsistent, not have a good hockey sense, needs to drink coffee on game day, or take a hockey nap around mid-day. Or even he gets covered more since he was one of our best players last year. He misses passes, receiving and giving, seems to either make a fantastic play in front of the net or make you scratch your head. He is a good, solid player but like Brett Cameron before this season, he seems a half-second behind the play half the time. He is both fun and frustrating to watch. But nonetheless it was a great win tonight, and hope we clean MSU's clock tomorrow night! They will come out guns blazing, very angry indeed..........insert mad cow disease joke here.......

AKSWF
01-11-2014, 02:52 AM
Also, that early goal was sweet! Was not expecting that, if anything I expected it the other way around.

Suze
01-11-2014, 03:07 AM
Also, that early goal was sweet! Was not expecting that, if anything I expected it the other way around.

I love the way the guys are on fire right from the drop of the puck ... scored 37 seconds into the game against the Badgers, and 51 seconds in tonight. I thought they looked flat and tired for much of the 2nd period - I wonder how much was due to the travel and jet lag? Hoping they come out really fired up tomorrow night. There are only 2 more home series after this one ... if they win tomorrow and can sweep in Huntsville next weekend, that is a lot of points and can really move them up in the standings!

AKSWF
01-11-2014, 04:39 AM
I love the way the guys are on fire right from the drop of the puck ... scored 37 seconds into the game against the Badgers, and 51 seconds in tonight. I thought they looked flat and tired for much of the 2nd period - I wonder how much was due to the travel and jet lag? Hoping they come out really fired up tomorrow night. There are only 2 more home series after this one ... if they win tomorrow and can sweep in Huntsville next weekend, that is a lot of points and can really move them up in the standings!

Sweet! I forgot we play Alabama-Huntsville again!! They looked pretty bad against Notre Dame :D

Suze
01-11-2014, 12:30 PM
Sweet! I forgot we play Alabama-Huntsville again!! They looked pretty bad against Notre Dame :D

I'm very pleased with the schedule we have this season, and we only have to play Ferris one series. Heck, when was the last time we got a break like this? We used to have one of the toughest schedules in the nation!

Seawolf Fan
01-11-2014, 12:44 PM
I'm very pleased with the schedule we have this season, and we only have to play Ferris one series. Heck, when was the last time we got a break like this? We used to have one of the toughest schedules in the nation!
As long as we don't get overconfident the schedule does look better than it has in the past.
Right now what we need is for Kamal to stay hot and our offense to pick up the pace.
Should be an exciting game tonight.

Suze
01-11-2014, 12:47 PM
As long as we don't get overconfident the schedule does look better than it has in the past.
Right now what we need is for Kamal to stay hot and our offense to pick up the pace.
Should be an exciting game tonight.

Agreed. Kamal has been solid. Reminds me of how he played when we swept the Gophers in the playoffs. He doesn't get rattled easily.

vizoroo
01-11-2014, 12:54 PM
Congrats to the Seawolves!

Friday night lights (shots that is)
vs Wisco 11 shots--3 goals--win
Vs Kato 10 shots--2 goals---win
Coach must have a plan we've not seen before ;) :D

Seawolf Fan
01-11-2014, 01:00 PM

Lets reverse the trend but maintain the result.

Alaskana
01-11-2014, 01:15 PM

Yeah, and I could be totally wrong here but maybe coach Thomas is encouraging the guys to focus on quality of shots vs quantity of shots.

Either way, congrats Seawolves! Oh, and chat will be up tonight at http://www.tinychat.com/alaskana for any interested (including Mav fans).

seawolfpunk
01-11-2014, 01:18 PM

We had 29 against uw

Suze
01-11-2014, 01:46 PM

Thanks Viz! The plan has changed, that's for sure. And the players seem very happy and upbeat this season. Nice to see.

Freddie
01-11-2014, 03:57 PM
BG fans are rooting for a Seawolves sweep!

Suze
01-11-2014, 04:15 PM
BG fans are rooting for a Seawolves sweep!

Woo hoo! Thanks. May I ask why?

Seawolf Fan
01-11-2014, 04:36 PM
Woo hoo! Thanks. May I ask why?
A good guess would be Kato & BG are tied for 2nd place with 20 points each however Kato has 2 games in hand on BG. The mighty Seawolves have 14 points and a sweep would still leave us at least 4 points behind BG no matter the outcome of their game.

gfmorris
01-11-2014, 05:45 PM

Yeeeeeeep.

GFM