This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA seawolves thread 2013-2014 the old has gone the new has come

After 30 years of watching Seawolf hockey, I have learned not to get my expectations up too high early in the season. I'm happy for the success we had in the pre-season tournaments, but not really surprised by the results tonight either.

That being said, I sure hope the team pulls together a whole lot better than the Seawolf fans on this thread have.

Comment

Originally posted by UAA Fan in Florida View Post
      I'm kinda fed up with you also... You and your ******** pony bullsh*t. And sh*tty spelling, it's 'disconcerting'.

The two users who had always stood for the good of team, are both ******** *sshats.

And you can't stand each other... kinda poetic I guess.

I've put out some negatives about the team, but you gotta realize, these young men also read this. I'm not gonna question their character or resolve anymore. They didn't come here to lose. IMHO, coach has 3 maybe 4 years.... in college hockey, you have to let them form their own team. Hence, i see a LOT of recruiting going on.

Get 1 winning season, a chance to make NCAA tourney, you'll see more young men staying here.
      Hey it's only 7 ******* not 8********
      Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
      UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

• Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
        Hey it's only 7 ******* not 8********
        Well I'll be an SOBB, the extra B is for Bear******.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by tomthumb View Post
          After 30 years of watching Seawolf hockey, I have learned not to get my expectations up too high early in the season. I'm happy for the success we had in the pre-season tournaments, but not really surprised by the results tonight either.

That being said, I sure hope the team pulls together a whole lot better than the Seawolf fans on this thread have.
          The guys got killed by Western Michigan and came back to beat Denver the next night. Let's hope for a better game tomorrow night as well. Haider said the game was on America One, did anyone watch it? Is it worth it?
          Originally Posted by aparch
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
            Haider said the game was on America One, did anyone watch it? Is it worth it?
            Since we just relocated to Colorado after many moons in AK, I ponied up for the America One WCHA season package - the quality is OK, works fine on my Mac, but it's not as good as watching on "real" TV, for sure. Have not been able to hook it up to a good TV yet, so we'll see about that later. So far, there is typically only a score shown - no clock, no penalty clock, minimal replays and minimal ads. On the few games I have watched so far, the camera stays on center ice during the intermission, but the audio runs on, much to the future chagrin of the unknowing announcers... I expect things to be more refined as the season goes on. Maybe my expectations are unrealistic - time will tell.

It appears you get the home team's announcers for the broadcast, which makes sense. For the Brice Tournament, it was Kurt Haider for the UAA games, which was great. Tonight's game had the homer pair from BGSU. It was interesting listening to them chatting about how their player should not have been called for a clear penalty after retaliating against Bailey for his major. Something about "he was within his rights protecting his captain...blah, blah, blah" I'm pretty sure there is no "within his rights" clause in the rulebook - a penalty is a penalty... Makes you appreciate Haider - he is the best in the biz.

Comment

• Originally posted by tomthumb View Post

Agree with this^
              Maybe we're a bit to pumped up, looks like some mayhem at the start of the 2nd and kind of unwound on us after that. I didn't hear the game, hope to tomorrow afternoon though. Buckle up boys show up and compete.
              If I had a cool pic or saying it would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by tomthumb View Post
                Since we just relocated to Colorado after many moons in AK, I ponied up for the America One WCHA season package - the quality is OK, works fine on my Mac, but it's not as good as watching on "real" TV, for sure. Have not been able to hook it up to a good TV yet, so we'll see about that later. So far, there is typically only a score shown - no clock, no penalty clock, minimal replays and minimal ads. On the few games I have watched so far, the camera stays on center ice during the intermission, but the audio runs on, much to the future chagrin of the unknowing announcers... I expect things to be more refined as the season goes on. Maybe my expectations are unrealistic - time will tell.

It appears you get the home team's announcers for the broadcast, which makes sense. For the Brice Tournament, it was Kurt Haider for the UAA games, which was great. Tonight's game had the homer pair from BGSU. It was interesting listening to them chatting about how their player should not have been called for a clear penalty after retaliating against Bailey for his major. Something about "he was within his rights protecting his captain...blah, blah, blah" I'm pretty sure there is no "within his rights" clause in the rulebook - a penalty is a penalty... Makes you appreciate Haider - he is the best in the biz.
                Thanks for the feedback. Did you watch tonights game? I agree, Haider is the absolute best. One of the worst color guys I've ever listened to is Eric Drygas. Such a homer.
                Originally Posted by aparch
                I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                  Thanks for the feedback. Did you watch tonights game? I agree, Haider is the absolute best. One of the worst color guys I've ever listened to is Eric Drygas. Such a homer.
                  Curious to know if you're aware that you've been spelling his first name wrong for quite some time? Erik, not Eric.

Comment

• Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
                    Curious to know if you're aware that you've been spelling his first name wrong for quite some time? Erik, not Eric.
                    Curious to know if you're aware we don't care?
                    I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                      Curious to know if you're aware we don't care?
                      Rawr. Someone is a sour puss.

Comment

• Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
                        Rawr. Someone is a sour puss.
                        I'm not a sour puss. I figured you'd know that considering you're undoubtedly an expert on sour pusses...
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                          I'm not a sour puss. I figured you'd know that considering you're undoubtedly an expert on sour pusses...
                          You make this rivalry so much fun! :-D

Comment

Earth to Anchorage:

Your #39 may want to seek some professional counseling with regard to his obvious anger management issues. He was practically begging to get shown to the gate (and/or get his butt kicked), right from the start of the game. While I applaud a chippy guy who plays with an enthusiastic 'take-no-crap' attitude, he was out of control.
                            Du hockey comme dans le temps!

Comment

Originally posted by Freddie View Post
                              Earth to Anchorage:

Your #39 may want to seek some professional counseling with regard to his obvious anger management issues. He was practically begging to get shown to the gate (and/or get his butt kicked), right from the start of the game. While I applaud a chippy guy who plays with an enthusiastic 'take-no-crap' attitude, he was out of control.

Nice. Way to go Hubbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Freddie View Post
                                Earth to Anchorage:

Anchorage to Earth………. Keep your head up ……… and get used to it.
                                Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                                UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Working...
                                X