2013 NAHA Labor Day Tourney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 NAHA Labor Day Tourney

Who will come out on top? Tourney kicks off this evening as the Boston Shamrocks take on the Connecticut Polar Bears in Waterbury.

Originally posted by Hux View Post
    Who will come out on top? Tourney kicks off this evening as the Boston Shamrocks take on the Connecticut Polar Bears in Waterbury.
    Assabet got roughed up a bit in beantown, but I predict AV (whistleboy?) followed by Mission in their new uni's.

Comment

Re: 2013 NAHA Labor Day Tourney

Originally posted by Genbeau View Post
      Assabet got roughed up a bit in beantown, but I predict AV (whistleboy?) followed by Mission in their new uni's.
      This year's Assabet team isn't as strong as last year's. Defense in particular a lot weaker. I would be surprised if they won the tournament, but not as familiar with some of the other program's strengths this year so anytihng is possible.

Comment

Me thinks Mission, new sponsorship and all, will win it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chirp View Post
          Me thinks Mission, new sponsorship and all, will win it.
          I see that Lexie Laing isn't playing for Assabet, so that definitely drags down their prospects. Hopefully for her, no injury suffered at the U-18 series that prevents her participation.

Comment

Originally posted by Genbeau View Post
            At Beantown 6 of the top players for Assabet played with other teams. HockeyEast33 is right about the defense. Assabet will strong up front and could compete. NAHA comes down to scheduling a lot of times.
            Fire Chiarelli!

Comment

Originally posted by UCONN FAN View Post
              At Beantown 6 of the top players for Assabet played with other teams. HockeyEast33 is right about the defense. Assabet will strong up front and could compete. NAHA comes down to scheduling a lot of times.
              Specially with some teams playing 3 in a day, while others go 2 and 2.

Comment

That is incorrect OnMAA. All teams play 3 on one day, 2 on the other. 4 games in the round robin before the Quarters, if you play 3 on Fri, you play 1 on Sat then the round robin...

Comment

Originally posted by playthegameonthepond View Post
                  That is incorrect OnMAA. All teams play 3 on one day, 2 on the other. 4 games in the round robin before the Quarters, if you play 3 on Fri, you play 1 on Sat then the round robin...
                  Pretty sure some teams play 3 and 1 and others 2 and 2 in the round robin....Can make a big difference on whether you make the A-series playoffs or not....

P.S...And for what it is worth, I think the NAHA showcase is a great event, one of the top showcases for sure. Not easy to schedule such an event and please everyone.
                  Last edited by OnMAA; 08-30-2013, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Chicago Mission win u19 Championship over Nepean 2-0.

Comment

Originally posted by 96IllinoisDad View Post
                      Chicago Mission win u19 Championship over Nepean 2-0.
                      Interesting, it was on the NAHA web site scoreboard as a win for Napean earlier but now shows Mission.

Comment

Interesting how a team can participate in a tournament when they are prohibited from playing organizationally by home rule before sept. 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackhawks Rule View Post
                          Interesting how a team can participate in a tournament when they are prohibited from playing organizationally by home rule before sept. 1.
                          That rule was changed a few years ago via efforts of many people associated with the Girl's committee within AHAI. Don't know if it was rescinded in the last couple years but with the Mission's attendance at this tourny, I'm suspect not.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeydad4two View Post
                            That rule was changed a few years ago via efforts of many people associated with the Girl's committee within AHAI. Don't know if it was rescinded in the last couple years but with the Mission's attendance at this tourny, I'm suspect not.
                            As I understand it, NAHA showcase is a summer tournament. Ontario teams go there without a sanction from OWHA (or at least we used to when we attended in prior years). OWHA does not permit sanctions for tourneys held in the May-August timeframe. Tourney does not ask for a sanction, so presumably it is a non-sanctioned tournament. Most Ontario teams attending are their regular OWHA PW teams, but in the longer ago past there used to be All Star summer teams from Ontario that entered this event.

Comment

I thought that Chicago looked like a step ahead of everyone else out at NAHA. The team I liked also was the Pittsburgh Seals team. Huge upfront. Need to get a little better on D to beat Mission. Those two could be the national finalists next April.

Comment

Working...
                              X