X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2013-14

Originally posted by TchrBill View Post
    Teams look very similar on paper. Hope we can play with the same intensity as last weekend and split the series with the Engineers. We need to stop Haggerty like we did with Carey & St. Lawrence.

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/sch...pe.php?gid=901
    They need to stop our PP.
    It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• Originally posted by sshablak View Post
      Guessing there's no hockey where you are Colskate, just warm sand and sun ??
      Affirmative. 80 here. That doesn't take away the anguish of missing these two important games however. I'll be watching the live stats and thread. Saving my ticket money for final home weekend and the playoffs
      COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
        Affirmative. 80 here. That doesn't take away the anguish of missing these two important games however. I'll be watching the live stats and thread. Saving my ticket money for final home weekend and the playoffs
        You can watch the game on Colgate stream!

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
          In the RPI -Union vs Gate and Cornell thread the interview with Appert praises the team. He says he has watched much tape on us and in the last 5-6 games we're playing like a top five team and our PP is tremendous. Wonder how much Johnston being ou will hurt us.
          If Goulakis is playing, us in the capital district are in trouble. Wasn't he out in November?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            If Goulakis is playing, us in the capital district are in trouble. Wasn't he out in November?
            Goulakos has played every game this season. He wasn't 100% back in November, but he is now and it's giving our power-play a shot in the arm (well, it didn't tonight).

As far as tonight's game went ... well, we had to be perfect on defense to win. Nobody's perfect. But coughing up a lead in the final minute of regulation is a bitter pill to swallow. It looked like RPI had scored again with 20 seconds left to take the lead, but the refs had already blown the whistle dead. We got 1 point but it felt like a loss. Just forget about tonight and beat Union tomorrow.
            Colgate '09

Comment

We played so poorly in the last 5 min AND OT. I think we may have stolen a point. Yea you should win when leading with under 1 min left, but Finn had to come up huge to save the point. Shoulda won but lucky to come away with one point

Comment

Finn certainly played a heck of a lot better than in November.

BTW, good choice by your band for the theme to MMPR.

Comment

Goulakos may give the pp a shot in the arm but he also took 2 questionable penalties.
                  Hard to be disappointed though when we were predicted 9th. We are never as inspired as we are against Cornell. It is too bad.

Back outside the bubble looking in again. It only gets tougher from here!
                  Go 'Gate
                  C O L G A T E
                  2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                  1990 NCAA FINALS
                  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
                  ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
                  ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

BTW, good choice by your band for the theme to MMPR.
                    What? I'm jealous!
                    Colgate '09

Comment

We were flat last night and RPI is better than I thought. Finn absolutely saved our bacon, he was very good. We must play better tonight ! I think Johnston was sorely missed, thank God he's back tonight.

Comment

Looks like Union's leading scorer Daniel Carr is out tonight, hurt against Cornell.

Comment

On the upside Yale, Clarkson, and Cornell all lost last night. However, they all have an easier opponent tonight so a win over Union would be huge to keep pace for a top 4 spot, otherwise we may have clarkson, Cornell, and Colgate all at 22 points if we lose and they win. Yale is really starting to lose a possible top 4 finish.

Let's hope the boys are fired up for tonight's game!

Comment

• Originally posted by still an empty net View Post
                            On the upside Yale, Clarkson, and Cornell all lost last night. However, they all have an easier opponent tonight so a win over Union would be huge to keep pace for a top 4 spot, otherwise we may have clarkson, Cornell, and Colgate all at 22 points if we lose and they win. Yale is really starting to lose a possible top 4 finish.

Let's hope the boys are fired up for tonight's game!
                            Sounds like last night was a real struggle to get the point. Hope the boys play with passion and are a bit more inspired tonite. A win over Onion would be huge and keep us on track. Stay out of the box Spiro!
                            COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                              We were flat last night and RPI is better than I thought. Finn absolutely saved our bacon, he was very good. We must play better tonight ! I think Johnston was sorely missed, thank God he's back tonight.
                              Finn played out of his mind, and despite my obvious bias, the kid didn't deserve a tie. I would have been OK if you won 1-0, because sometimes you run into a piece of pile of bricks the other team just happens to put a jersey on and there isn't much you can do about it. If we meet in the playoffs, it could be a real toss-up.

Oh, and keep the curse alive.

Comment

Finn played out of his mind, and despite my obvious bias, the kid didn't deserve a tie. I would have been OK if you won 1-0, because sometimes you run into a piece of pile of bricks the other team just happens to put a jersey on and there isn't much you can do about it. If we meet in the playoffs, it could be a real toss-up.

Oh, and keep the curse alive.
                                What curse? Union's only lost twice in the last 6 years at Starr.

P.S. I guess it's pretty clear now that there are only two elite teams in the ECAC. We should send flowers to RPI and Dartmouth for handling our business. Bad weekend overall given the blown third period leads. And up next our worst road trip over the last few years, against a QU team that owns us and a Princeton team that's starting to play well. Would be happy with a split or a tie.
                                Hockeyenthusiast

Colgate Class of '03

-I saw Andy McDonald play at Starr Rink.

Comment

Working...
                                X