This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2013-14

He is not automatically out for cornell. He will only be out if the league adds something extra. You are right, a dq adds on the next game

Comment

Yes, ty, I looked up the NCAA rules because I was nervous.
      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
        Is Baun out for Cornell ? Head butting and a game misconduct, don't you have to get a game DQ to have to sit next ? I hope I'm right.
        You only have to sit out if you receive a game disqualification. As of now, the penalty still remains as a five-minute major and a game misconduct according to the box score. So, Baun is eligible to play against Cornell. Having seen the play in question, I don't think this will be changed to a game disqualification and a suspension by the league is certainly not warranted.

To go back and answer another question as to why Mihalik started - Finn can't play every minute of every game. At a certain point, he does need to rest. The last thing you want to do is run him into the ground with a month left in the regular season and then playoff games after that. I'm sure he'd like to have Friday's game back as he looked a little shaky at times and was fighting the puck somewhat in the first two periods. That said, he didn't have a lot of help from the five skaters in front of him as Friday essentially amounted to a game where everyone had a bad night. So, a little rest after a game like that isn't a bad thing. And Mihalik has certainly proved to be a capable goalie and one that has played very well at Yale so why not give him a shot? Mihalik ended up playing a hell of a game and he showed that if he is needed at some point down the stretch, he will be ready.

A now well-rested Finn should be back in goal next Saturday at home against Cornell.

Comment

Good to know GR, ty. IVY League Network had problems and didn't show the Yale game at all, were the dmen still getting caught pinching all the time like against Bruno ? The recap says the first three Eli goals came right after they killed off a penalty ? Weburg scored on a breakaway right out of the sin bin it said. How did that happen ? BTW...He must be the brother of our recruit for next year, as they are both from Oslo, Norway. Did they both play for Shattuck, Yale's player did. Both small and fast I bet.

Comment

Good to know GR, ty. IVY League Network had problems and didn't show the Yale game at all, were the dmen still getting caught pinching all the time like against Bruno ? The recap says the first three Eli goals came right after they killed off a penalty ? Weburg scored on a breakaway right out of the sin bin it said. How did that happen ? BTW...He must be the brother of our recruit for next year, as they are both from Oslo, Norway. Did they both play for Shattuck, Yale's player did. Both small and fast I bet.
            Yes, to SSM..... http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=34103
            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Back to reality...Beat Cornell !

Comment

Ditto.
                Colgate '09

Comment

Ditto 2. Be making the trip down again for this one. Go 'Gate.

Comment

Better get tix !!

Comment

Excited for the one game that could get us back on track really quickly.

we will also know where we stand in the league by Friday night. Everyone will be caught up in games and is just about how many points each team has.
                      Last edited by red133883; 02-03-2014, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Better get tix !!
                        Got 'em. See you at the B.A. after the 1st.

Comment

Cornell doesn't have a great offensive team, but what else is new. Their success is predicated on defense first and they rarely give up more than two goals. PP is at around %18, ours at %14 in league, they have huge forwards and very hard to move out from in front, this precipitated a crosscheck and a ensuing five on three and a goal last game. Both their goals were PP goals. We have to stay out of penalty trouble, I think that is our #1 priority. Wonder who the officials are ?

Beat Cornell!!

Comment

Cornell doesn't have a great offensive team, but what else is new. Their success is predicated on defense first and they rarely give up more than two goals. PP is at around %18, ours at %14 in league, they have huge forwards and very hard to move out from in front, this precipitated a crosscheck and a ensuing five on three and a goal last game. Both their goals were PP goals. We have to stay out of penalty trouble, I think that is our #1 priority. Wonder who the officials are ?

Beat Cornell!!
                            Not to contradict your thoughts, Shabby, but Nate Owen has a blog on the homepage about the depth of Cornell's offense. The rookies are getting into the act, and apparently scored two goals at Yale in their win last weekend. It is mentioned how the forwards like to work down low and bang the opposing team until they are fatigued. They roll four lines now. Going to be an intense game. Sounds like an SRO crowd at Starr.
                            COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
                              Not to contradict your thoughts, Shabby, but Nate Owen has a blog on the homepage about the depth of Cornell's offense. The rookies are getting into the act, and apparently scored two goals at Yale in their win last weekend. It is mentioned how the forwards like to work down low and bang the opposing team until they are fatigued. They roll four lines now. Going to be an intense game. Sounds like an SRO crowd at Starr.
                              That's ok Colskate, I guess why I thought that was their leading goalscorers have Ten, eight, and seven goals, followed by six and six. We have eleven, eleven, and ten, followed by seven , six, and five. We have fourty four vs thirty seven for Cornell. We've played more games though.

The second factor I think is the one we have to worry about, in my opinion. They have thirteen players six two and over and we were ahead 2-0 in the first game and Cornell got stronger as the game went on, it looks like. Our defensemen are generally smaller and might get worn down as the game goes on. Good points made, it's going to be tough, I think we need to get a lead early and keep them out of their trapping, hard forechecking game.

Comment

That's ok Colskate, I guess why I thought that was their leading goalscorers have Ten, eight, and seven goals, followed by six and six. We have eleven, eleven, and ten, followed by seven , six, and five. We have fourty four vs thirty seven for Cornell. We've played more games though.

The second factor I think is the one we have to worry about, in my opinion. They have thirteen players six two and over and we were ahead 2-0 in the first game and Cornell got stronger as the game went on, it looks like. Our defensemen are generally smaller and might get worn down as the game goes on. Good points made, it's going to be tough, I think we need to get a lead early and keep them out of their trapping, hard forechecking game.
                                Duly noted. The numbers tell the story, you're right. This more "balanced" offense of Cornell's seems to be a new wrinkle. We will just have to deal with it. We also roll four lines. Hopefully our speed and quickness might cancel out some of their height/weight advantage. We definitely need to stay out of the box and execute on the PP if we get the opportunity. Gonna be a tough game.
                                COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Working...
                                X