X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Colgate 2013-14

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
    If the funding is in place and the rink will take two years to build, WTH are they doing ? I'm getting very impatient, at least make an announcement of some kind.
    Permits, I would think.

Comment

If the funding is in place and the rink will take two years to build, WTH are they doing ? I'm getting very impatient, at least make an announcement of some kind.
      If everything is truly in place as far as funding goes, I'll bet good (non-existent) money on them not announcing until Silver Puck weekend, beginning of November. If they didn't announce at homecoming, then they are holding back. Either that, or they'll announce around the Cornell game in February. This point in the year, there's not gonna be a lot that can be done until spring anyway, so why not hold the announcement to when you maximize fan attention?

Comment

The Board of Trustees meet this week, I believe, and they will give the new rink final approval. Nothing can be done/announced before the Board approves it.

Comment

Tx Barbara. Going to see the Utica Comets and Adirondack play today here in Rome. Can't wait for next Saturday. Lehigh beat UNH yest
          It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Curtis Bartliff scored the winning goal for the Utica Comets here yest, beating Adirondack(Flyers) he looked good, played on the PP also.

Comment

Originally posted by CU13 View Post
              The Board of Trustees meet this week, I believe, and they will give the new rink final approval. Nothing can be done/announced before the Board approves it.
              Do I hear a photo op ?? Someone get the ribbon and giant pair of scissors ready....will also need to spray paint a few shovels as well.
              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

It would make a lot of sense to announce it on Saturday at the start of the game.
                Last edited by red133883; 09-30-2013, 08:18 PM.

Comment

USCHO pre season rankings out, fourty teams got votes and we didn't get a single vote ? Am I missing something, call me Walter White.

Comment

USCHO pre season rankings out, fourty teams got votes and we didn't get a single vote ? Am I missing something, call me Walter White.
                    Settle down Heisenberg. We all know pre-season polls are about as useful and lasting as toilet paper --and I say this as a fan of a ranked team ! (for once).

Obscure Colgate hockey history question: Does anyone know if the 'Gate athl. dept. has archives of game programs and box scores from years past ? I believe my father was on the crew that officiated the first game at Starr Rink, but was hoping to confirm this? Any info is appreciated !
                    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Happy October 1st, everyone! Only 4 more days until the puck drops on the 2013-14 season!

As far as this upcoming season goes, I really can't see us having another bottom-4 finish. However, we did lose some key players from last year's team (at forward: Kurtis Bartliff and Robbie Bourdon, at defense: Jeremy Price, Thomas Larkin, and Nathan Sinz). But at the same time, we do return a key number of contributors from last year's squad (the Spink twins, Kyle Baun, Mike Borkowski, Darcy Murphy, Joe Wilson, John Lidgett, Spiro Goulakos). So I'm not surprised that the coaches and media picked us to finish 9th. I don't have a clear idea of where we'll finish in the standings this year, nor do I have a good idea of how much this year's freshmen class will contribute to the team.

We will be a young team with 17 players being freshmen or sophomores. We also have 22 skaters and 3 goalies this year, up from 21 skaters and 2 goalies last season. Our strength going into the season will be at the forward spot. We should have at least two forward lines that can score, maybe even three if our freshmen forwards can contribute to our offensive production. However, the question marks come at defense. We return 4 skaters at that position, but we will have at least 2 freshmen defensemen in the lineup every night, and only 7 total blueliners on the roster. We need to stay healthy at that position.

Goaltending should only improve, but it needs to be consistent. We have 3 goalies all fighting for playing time this season. I think Eric Mihalik will initially get the nod, but if he isn't consistent, he will lose the starting job to either Spencer Finney or Charlie Finn. We do have question marks this going into this season, and because of that, it could be another tough winter. But we will be a dangerous team. Remember, there are only TWO seniors on this year's roster, so assuming nobody leaves early next offseason, we could be a legitimate force to be reckoned with in the 2014-15 and 2015-16 seasons. Now let's get that new rink built!
                      Colgate '09

Comment

Rainman did you copy my first thread opening post, almost verbatim Maybe great minds do think alike. Monday am we will have a much better idea on this team.
                        Last edited by sshablak; 10-01-2013, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Rainman did you copy my first thread opening post, almost verbatim Maybe great minds do think alike. Monday am we will have a much better idea on this team.
                          Okay, maybe I did repeat what you said on post 1 of this thread. But I swear, it was my own words!

Another note: I was looking at this year's schedule and we only make ONE trip outside of New York state before Christmas, and that's on Oct. 18-19 to Bowling Green. This could help us get off to a good start. Additionally, we get that North Country trip (and that trip to Appleton Arena) out of the way early this year! We have a good out-of-conference schedule, highlighted with games against St. Cloud (x2) and Minnesota.
                          Colgate '09

Comment

You're a smart man, Rain

Comment

Really having a hard time wrapping my head around hockey starting this weekend. Guess I'm still in football mode...even though we're 0-4
                              COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Curtis Bartliff scored the winning goal for the Utica Comets here yest, beating Adirondack(Flyers) he looked good, played on the PP also.
                                Shabby, the Colgate website has Kurtis with Gwinnett of the ECHL. Was he up to the Comets for a look-see? Keep us updated on how the Comets are doing; hope to get to a game or three in Utica this winter.
                                COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Working...
                                X