X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2013-14

Originally posted by hockeyenthusiast View Post
    Union I'll accept, since they've been to the NCAAs for three straight years and played in the league title game the year before. In terms of Qpac, however, this is only their second year at the top. Before last year they hadn't even finished in the top 4.
    Quinnipiac has the best facilities in the league by far. They have very good academics as well and can go toe to toe in recruiting battles with some of the big guns in college hockey. They should be a top team in the ECAC for the a long time.
    QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
    2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
    2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
    https://***********/QHockeyBlog
    https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
    https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

• Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
      Quinnipiac has the best facilities in the league by far. They have very good academics as well and can go toe to toe in recruiting battles with some of the big guns in college hockey. They should be a top team in the ECAC for the a long time.
      Very true, however they may leave for HE down the road although that may seem absurd now.

Comment

Originally posted by still an empty net View Post
        Very true, however they may leave for HE down the road although that may seem absurd now.
        I don't know. I think hockey east is content with 12 teams and I like being in the ECAC. To me this season HE and ECAC have been the two best leagues. I don't really see them making that move to the HE.
        QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
        2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
        2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
        2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
        https://***********/QHockeyBlog
        https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
        https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyenthusiast View Post
          Union I'll accept, since they've been to the NCAAs for three straight years and played in the league title game the year before. In terms of Qpac, however, this is only their second year at the top. Before last year they hadn't even finished in the top 4.
          Even when they had that workhorse Reid Cashman? And wasn't there a guy named Brandon Wong? Was so glad when they both finally left
          C O L G A T E
          2023 ECAC CHAMPION
          1990 NCAA FINALS
          https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
          ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
          ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

Article on Clarkson on page one and not us Maybe a good thing to fly under the radar
            It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
              Article on Clarkson on page one and not us Maybe a good thing to fly under the radar
              We'll find out soon enough
              Not a real doctor, nor do I play one on TV!
              Clarkson 1990

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
                Ranked #21 in the USCHO poll, 12 pts behind Maine. Good to see us moving up. Clarkson at #13 will be another big test on Friday. It doesn't get any easier with upcoming games against #3 Union and #4 QU. It seems like every game we play is against a ranked opponent
                Looks like playing all those ranked teams is paying off in spades. Great to see them playing so well against great compitition. Should be a fun ride the rest of the way. I'm making the trip down to the Friday game and I wasn't planning on seeing another game this year. The last game I saw was the Sunday afternoon game vs U Mass. Didn't think they were going anywhere after that weekend. Boy was I wrong. Here's hoping for a repeat of last weekend and maybe a move into the top 20. No reason they can't. Good luck guys.

Comment

Originally posted by still an empty net View Post
                  Doesn't seem absurd at all. Q straddles the ECAC/HE profile and seems ambitious to become a name regionally. 12 is a very stable membership for a conference (the ECAC has been at 12 for almost 30 years), but if a current HE member were to leave I can see HE being interested.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Bennycheck View Post
                    Looks like playing all those ranked teams is paying off in spades. Great to see them playing so well against great compitition. Should be a fun ride the rest of the way. I'm making the trip down to the Friday game and I wasn't planning on seeing another game this year. The last game I saw was the Sunday afternoon game vs U Mass. Didn't think they were going anywhere after that weekend. Boy was I wrong. Here's hoping for a repeat of last weekend and maybe a move into the top 20. No reason they can't. Good luck guys.
                    You better order tix before you go, might be a sellout. Call 228-7600

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                      You better order tix before you go, might be a sellout. Call 228-7600
                      Thanks Shabby. Already got them. See you there.

Comment

Got to admit this weekend scares me. Ranked team that is playing hot and a talented team that is not. Tough game on Friday regardless with a lot of "cred" on the line for both teams. Classic trap game against a wounded (figuratively if not literally) nemesis on Saturday.

On a positive note, Finn has a 1.65 gaa and a .942 save percentage over the last 9 games - those would rank him third in gaa and second in save percentage in the country if they were full year. Here's to hoping that those early tough games are permanently behind him.

Comment

Huge PWR implications also. Clarkson tied for twelvth and us tied for nineteenth, a win tonight puts us close to being in. Believe it or not, we can be tied for first with two wins and a Union loss.
                          Last edited by sshablak; 01-24-2014, 10:15 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                            Huge PWR implications also. Clarkson tied for twelvth and us tied for nineteenth, a win tonight puts us close to being in. Believe it or not, we can be tied for first with two wins and a Union loss.
                            We would be tied with QU straight up (they have the tie breaker right now) and be one point up on union but they would have an additional game in hand (as would Clarkson). But it is exciting to think we might have a chance at the cleary cup this year. But still alot of hockey left

Comment

I know that ffs.

Comment

Sullivan has us sweeping this weekend. I hate when that happens. All we need is added pressure
                                COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Working...
                                X