This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    Nice weekend you guys. I did not see today's game, but liked what I saw last night even if it were at the Gophers' expense. Good luck the rest of the way.
    Agreed. Best team at the tournament. No question.
    the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
      Best team at the tournament. No question.
      That Colgate team played great but the best team was definitely the complete Gopher team I saw on Saturday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Golden Tuuk View Post
        That Colgate team played great but the best team was definitely the complete Gopher team I saw on Saturday.
        Those are the breaks. Showing up for every game is necessary. Colgate earned it and earned it well.
        the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by Golden Tuuk View Post
          I hope you have a chance to prove that theory in March/April.

Flagedude are you saying it'd be illegal yo make an Olympic sheet?

Comment

• Re: Colgate 2013-14

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            Rules book says to make it as close to 200x85 as possible. Obviously the myriad of other rinks are grandfathered in, but I would think they'd want new rinks at the NHL size. The last Olympic sheet to be built was at NMU in 1999.
            IIRC, they changed/deleted that preference not too long ago. I seem to remember that a reporter asked a committee member about it and the committee member said, "Seriously? That's a rule? We're going to fix that," and they did.
            If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
              IIRC, they changed/deleted that preference not too long ago. I seem to remember that a reporter asked a committee member about it and the committee member said, "Seriously? That's a rule? We're going to fix that," and they did.
              I read it in this year's rule book. It is not a requirement, but rather a recommendation.

Comment

Originally posted by red133883 View Post
                I hope you have a chance to prove that theory in March/April.

Flagedude are you saying it'd be illegal yo make an Olympic sheet?
                No, given Notre Dame's new sheet is 200x90 and that was built fairly recently.

Comment

WOW! WOW! WOW! Great to see Colgate in two photos on the cover page!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! And thanks for making this 'Gate fan extremely proud!!!!!

Comment

Huge weekend for the 'Gate!

Listened to Radio's broadcast (great job, as always). Sounds like we fully deserved the results. PP goals, wins against the nation's best, great way to start 2014.

The trick, of course, is to keep it going. High, flat plane...
                    ECAC Champions: 1990
                    NCAA Frozen Four: 1990
                    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 1990 2004 2006
                    ECAC Final Four: 1981 1990 1995 2000 2004 2005 2006 2008 2011 2012 2014 2015
                    NCAA Tournament: 1981 1990 2000 2005 2014
                    Let's Go 'Gate!

Comment

Nice feature story on CHN.com and 2 of 5 pics on the USCHO home page. I could get used to this..

This weekend should give the team real confidence going forward; we can play with anyone...and win. Of course the downside is that we now can't fly under the radar in the ECAC. We will have more of a target on our backs. Hopefully there is a lot of carryover and we can maintain - or even move up - in the standings.
                      COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

We got 13 points in the USCHO weekly voting and a 25th place slot in the rankings.
                        COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Might have to listen to Don at USCHO Live at 8 tonight.
                          It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Interesting things happen when you win some big games. Vaughn on Syracuse sports radio this morning at 11am, tonight on USCHO, TMQ has a segment on them this morning. Getting the media blitz, now we have to keep that going through Vermont. Just get the win and get back into league play, on the emotional high. Easier said than done but anything less than a win will hurt the momentum.
                            Last edited by red133883; 01-07-2014, 11:34 AM.

Comment

UVM is a good team ranked #18, won't be easy.

Comment

Haven't seen this much media coverage in quite awhile.

Comment

Working...
                                X