X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2013-14

Originally posted by red133883 View Post
    Don't know if Austin Smith got released or just trying a new opportunity but it appears he is going to play in Finland
    he was recalled by Texas today....http://www.echl.com/echl-transactions-dec-10-p189117........ but is also rumoured to be going to Assat (Finland).....http://www.eliteprospects.com/transa...ransfer=188179
    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

I see Dekanich is playing in the KHL for Croatia. Was player of the week last week with two shutouts.
      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

CHN has us ranked #2 in SOS. Could this be correct??

Six ECAC teams in the USCHO top 20, with 'Gate and SLU also named. So much for the EZAC

Who knew Clarkson this season? Quite an improvement by the Nights.
        COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Clarkson had very few graduation losses from last season and had the largest percentage of returning players out of all teams in the ECAC this season. The problem is, many people picked them to finish low in the standings based on their recent history, thereby underestimating them.

If you recall in 2011, we only lost 3 players to graduation that season, which may have contributed to our hot start in the 2011-12 season. Since we will be only losing 2 players to graduation after this season, hopefully this bodes well for us in the 2014-15 season, assuming of course that everyone stays in school.
          Colgate '09

Comment

Is everyone sold on clarkson? There are certainly many things to like about them, but I need to see them get through 15 or so league games before I bet on them. Outside the league they have played almost no one. We talk about our strength of schedule (at #1 or 2). They are in the 40's.

I mean they had us dead to rights (down 1 with 7 min left and going on a 5min power play) good teams would not have lost that game

Comment

Clarkson has beaten Niagara x2, Mercyhurst, RIT x2, Colo Coll x2(having a bad year). Quality wins over SLU x2 and Cornell. I really think at this point they're ranked way too high.

Comment

Both games this weeekend on the PLN if folks can't get to Starr due to weather.

Comment

Agree with sshablak. Question with Clarkson is how long can they continue to win with the kind of numbers their goaltending is putting up. I have them as the 11th ranked team in the ECAC in goaltending and generally that catches up with you at some point in time regardless of how well you play on offense.

Comment

Brady Skjel Defenseman, and Fasching a forward are listed to play in the upcoming World Jrs, means they won't be in the lineup when we play Minny in the Mariucci.

Comment

I don't want to be the one to say it but we need two wins this weekend. A 9-7-2 record would be nice going into the break. Hope to see some consistency.

Comment

Ughhh. Blanked at home. Wonder if the players were distracted by exams?
                        Colgate '09

Comment

I dont think we adjust "in game" very well. When we can get early flow we look good, if we have trouble at the start we might as well pack up and go home. I do think Vaughn does a good job changing strategy game to game, but nothing during the 60 minutes.

I think it is clear that Finn has taken over the goal job, and I am happy we have decided on a goalie.

Comment

Yuk! First win by UMASS over us since Hoover's presidency according to GR. Something to ponder before tomorrow's game. It would be nice to go into the break with a .500 record.

Comment

We definitely played our worst game of the season. But, UMass was a lot better than I thought they would be. Got to just put it behind us and win today.

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
                                Yuk! First win by UMASS over us since Hoover's presidency according to GR. Something to ponder before tomorrow's game. It would be nice to go into the break with a .500 record.
                                The last days of the Hoover presidency to be precise. Believe he was in lame duck status as the nation awaited FDR's inauguration. The comment a few times was meant to be slightly tongue-in-cheek since really Colgate and UMass haven't played much.

As for the game, I don't think it was the worst of the season from this team. It certainly wasn't a good performance but far from the worst. Keep in mind, it was still a 1-0 game heading into the third. Everyone aside for Charlie Finn seemed a bit off. Colgate couldn't really adjust to the pressure that UMass was bringing with the forecheck and it hampered the controlled breakout and led to turnovers and increased scoring chances for UMass.

Meanwhile, at the other end, UMass was very good defensively - while the numbers don't bare that out, aside from a few games with lopsided scores, the Minutemen are allowing 2-3 goals per night. The majority of Colgate's chances came from the dots on out and aside from the final half of the third period, it never really seemed that CU had sustained pressure. It would oftentimes be one-and-done or get the puck down low and then have it taken away by a UMass defender. Other times, it was too much fancyness and trying to make the extra pass rather than simply shooting the puck on goal and hoping for a rebound. Give UMass credit for blocking shots but there simply wasn't enough rubber going at the UMass net.

Overall, last night was a downer - especially after how well the team played against league opponents. A loss to start the series to a pretty darned good UMass team isn't the end of the world but certainly things need to be rectified today heading into the break for exams and the holidays.
                                Last edited by 'Gate Radio; 12-15-2013, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X