X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hockey East Summer Predictions

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
    Sure, but it doesn't mean every goalie slumps in their second season. \

What I can say about the end of the season gloating - Vermont will be last. Your squad is hot garbage. My condolences.
    You are absolutely correct. Gilles may not have a slump at all. Not everyone does...which is why in my original post I said this...

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
    PC could be the biggest surprise this year... and not in a good way.

... in the case of PC it's not going to take much of a decrease in Gilles performances for them to drop to the bottom of the league.

I don't think PC ending up in 7th is any less likely then ending up 3-4th.

PC can't afford for Gilles to have a slump at all...
    He may not and PC may end up 3-4th... but if he slumps at all PC is going to drop through the standings like a stone... H
    Originally posted by Hokydad
    Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
      nah, I get his schtick but we need him to stir the pot like he did when UVM actually had a good team, seeing that there's virtually no hokydad around anymore.
      Exactly, what else anyone going to do on an Ice hockey forum in August... It's boring to come here every day and see the only activity is the Lowell fans talking about the women's field hockey team...

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
        Good at elephant walking maybe.
        You tried out for the team and got cut didn't you...

What's ironic is that there are 3 "elephant walk" restaurants in the Boston area... not one in the whole state of Vermont. I guess they know who they should be catering too...

Comment

I'll take that bet...

We can't be worse the Northeastern...
          Northeastern will actually have a pretty solid offense, it's all about how their goaltending and defense is. Part of the reason NU was so terrible last year was that they lost literally half their defense to injury and multiple top 6 forwards as well so they were just throwing out lineups to qualify to play for the last 6 weeks of the season.
          Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
          Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Originally posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
            Northeastern will actually have a pretty solid offense, it's all about how their goaltending and defense is. Part of the reason NU was so terrible last year was that they lost literally half their defense to injury and multiple top 6 forwards as well so they were just throwing out lineups to qualify to play for the last 6 weeks of the season.
            I predict a 1-0 win for UVM friday and a 1-0 loss Saturday and the fans will be on the edge of their seats the entire weekend watching two well coached and disciplined teams go at it. oh...and both goals are short handed.

Comment

Originally posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
              Just my opinion, but I actually think the defense will be better than people expect. It's the goaltending that has me the most worried this season.
              "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                nah, I get his schtick but we need him to stir the pot like he did when UVM actually had a good team, seeing that there's virtually no hokydad around anymore.
                i miss hokydad. Not as much as PC91 does, but still...

"You area clown!"
                I"m fascinated by UML's field hockey team. I don't know what's wrong with the rest of you.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                -Blackadder
                "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                -Casablanca
                "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

I think that the talent at UVM is truly underrated. I think between the good recruiting class, and what we had from last season we have at worst an average roster in terms of peoples skill set. I have always thought our problem is our coach, and the fact of the matter is, he is fit to be a DIII coach at best.
                  Plattsburgh '11 Go Cards.
                  National Champions 1992, 2001
                  21 SUNYAC Championships

Norwich University
                  National Champions 2000, 2003, 2010

University of Vermont
                  Future National Champions 201?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
                    I"m fascinated by UML's field hockey team. I don't know what's wrong with the rest of you.
                    Tpiwwp
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                      Sure, but it doesn't mean every goalie slumps in their second season. Gilles is a pretty unique talent. I'm going to bet he'll be ok.

What I can say about the end of the season gloating - Vermont will be last. Your squad is hot garbage. My condolences.
                      Well at least UVM could get by Yale ...

Comment

Originally posted by kdaddy View Post
                        Well at least UVM could get by Yale ...
                        But not a 1st year program in Penn State.
                        Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                        "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                          i miss hokydad. Not as much as PC91 does, but still...

"You area clown!"
                          me too and I loved "area clown" , that's a classic

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                            don't worry we have ~6 weeks till we have to deal with the minnesota fans...
                            JDubbs should be checking in sometime soon. Maybe he will just post here and leave us alone on EA

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                              But not a 1st year program in Penn State.
                              lame... c'mon put a little effort into your retorts...

Comment

You tried out for the team and got cut didn't you...

What's ironic is that there are 3 "elephant walk" restaurants in the Boston area... not one in the whole state of Vermont. I guess they know who they should be catering too...
                                Why buy the elephant when you can get the trunk for free?
                                BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                                Skating Friar Jersey
                                AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                                UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                                Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Working...
                                X