X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave Flint

Flint gets contract extension with Northeastern women’s squad
    USCHO Staff Report • July 30, 2013

Northeastern women’s head coach Dave Flint has agreed to a contract extension that will keep him with the Huskies through the 2017-18 season.

In five seasons at the school, Flint is 90-60-24, highlighted by two Beanpot championships, two appearances in the Hockey East championship game and the 2012 regular-season championship.

“I want to thank [director of athletics and recreation] Peter Roby and Northeastern for allowing me to stay at Northeastern for the next five years,” Flint said in a news release. “We have accomplished many great things in my first five seasons, but we still have more goals to reach. I am excited about the direction of the program and look forward to the future.”

Flint guided the 2012-13 Huskies to a 23-11-2 record, including a 13-7-1 mark in conference play, and a nine-game winning streak from Feb. 5 to March 9, the longest such streak since the 2001-02 season.

Northeastern enters the 2013-14 season having been ranked or receiving votes in the USCHO.com Division I Women’s Poll in each of the past 47 polls, dating back to March 7, 2011.

Flint, who served as an assistant coach of the United States Women’s Olympic Team that captured the silver medal at the 2010 Olympics in Vancouver, came to Northeastern from St. Anselm, where he built the women’s hockey program from the ground up.
    Great news for Northeastern.

Read more: http://www.uscho.com/2013/07/30/flin...#ixzz2aYZkVquY
    Last edited by UCONN FAN; 07-30-2013, 02:13 PM.
    Fire Chiarelli!

Originally posted by UCONN FAN View Post
    Great news for Northeastern.

Read more: http://www.uscho.com/2013/07/30/flin...#ixzz2aYZkVquY
    Coach Flint is a great coach and a great person. He deserves it!

Chip

Comment

Working...
    X