PDA

View Full Version : Merrimack Offseason Thread - Summer 2013 - Hampus on Campus

Pages : [1] 2 3

WarriorDJ
07-17-2013, 01:02 PM
Nobody has broken the ice, so allow me to do the honors. Gone are Bigos, Heffernan, Brodhag and Drew.

Into the mix are the new crop of freshmen:

F Chris LeBlanc (drafted by OTT)
F Hampus Gustafsson
F Alex Holland

D Craig Wyszomirski
D Jonathan Lashyn

G Joseph Pantalone

The team has only lost 9% of its scoring from last year - that's somewhere to start - other thoughts/predictions/airing of grievances?

Yuppie Scum
08-01-2013, 08:26 PM
Nobody has broken the ice, so allow me to do the honors. Gone are Bigos, Heffernan, Brodhag and Drew.

Into the mix are the new crop of freshmen:

F Chris LeBlanc (drafted by OTT)
F Hampus Gustafsson
F Alex Holland

D Craig Wyszomirski
D Jonathan Lashyn

G Joseph Pantalone

The team has only lost 9% of its scoring from last year - that's somewhere to start - other thoughts/predictions/airing of grievances?

9% of not much scoring. Hopefully some of the new blood can pick up the slack here. I still think we will have strength in goal and D. This Wyszogdgfhdfhgfgsgski guy can hopefully fill the gap Bigos left on the ice without putting us down a man on a regular basis.

Some interesting OOC opponents this year including The Q and the reigning champs Yale. Frozen Fenway should be awesome. ND has to grace us with a game. There will be a Merrimack fan section in Denver as well.

Very much looking forward to seeing the new lobby and facilities at the Lawler!

Yuppie Scum
08-29-2013, 04:15 PM
http://www.merrimackathletics.com/general/2013-14/expansion/book_store/release

Dunkin Donuts on site? Nice!!

Hokydad
08-29-2013, 08:54 PM
Holland could be a very nice player over ext 4 years. Might have the best shot in Hockey East, which is saying a lot.
If he keeps working as hard as he has past few summers could be a solid player+

irishfan85
08-29-2013, 08:58 PM
Holland could be a very nice player over ext 4 years. Might have the best shot in Hockey East, which is saying a lot.
If he keeps working as hard as he has past few summers could be a solid player+

Serious question why couldn't he put up a point per game in juniors if he has best shot in HE?

Hokydad
08-29-2013, 09:40 PM
Serious question why couldn't he put up a point per game in juniors if he has best shot in HE?

Did very well on a poor BCHL team year before. Several nagging injuries all season. Skated hard in a 9 week pro GRP all summer and is coming in 100%

Has worked for years with a guy from Toronto called the "Shot Doctor". Alsohas worked with Tavaes and others. Watch warm ups etc

WarriorDJ
08-30-2013, 10:58 AM
Has worked for years with a guy from Toronto called the "Shot Doctor". Alsohas worked with Tavaes and others. Watch warm ups etc

I am guessing this is the guy: http://www.shoottoscore.ca/page/show/141183-about-dr-shot

Hopefully the "Shot Doctor" can help MC's PP - which was 7th in-conference last year...

MCgrad07
08-30-2013, 11:44 AM
I am guessing this is the guy: http://www.shoottoscore.ca/page/show/141183-about-dr-shot

Hopefully the "Shot Doctor" can help MC's PP - which was 7th in-conference last year...

Not to be confused with Dr. Hook who take out your eye with the flick of his wrist

Yuppie Scum
08-30-2013, 02:41 PM
Not to be confused with Dr. Hook who take out your eye with the flick of his wrist

Buster Bluth?

MCgrad07
09-07-2013, 01:47 PM
Just brought the Denver tickets for both nights. Is anyone else going? I know that Yuppie Scum is going, what are everyone's plans. Got a walking breweries tour at 3 and I am excited for the season. Just think the season starts in under a month. I would love a return trip to McGill so I could rip up St. Catherine St.

Yuppie Scum
09-08-2013, 10:04 AM
Might be late now but we also got $40 tickets to Broncos-Jags that sunday out in denver. They have a "half price sale" to offset the millions the city gave them for the stadium. I agree, a trip to McGill would be sweet, maybe they can play Concordia and UQAM too.

Hokydad
09-15-2013, 10:50 PM

All my hype and young Mr Holland has decided to not attend Merrimack and not play anymore. Gotta give the kid credit for being upfront and not doing it half way thru and making it a distraction. College is not for everyone. To bad as he would have been a good fit

CollegeHockeyRinkReport
09-16-2013, 01:11 AM
Looks like Drew Vogler might be a huge pickup for Merrimack. He's stopped 48 of 49 in his first two games in Corpus Christi in NAHL. His rights are owned by Cedar Rapids so he'll be in USHL next year one would assume.

herbst20
09-16-2013, 07:13 AM
Looks like Drew Vogler might be a huge pickup for Merrimack. He's stopped 48 of 49 in his first two games in Corpus Christi in NAHL. His rights are owned by Cedar Rapids so he'll be in USHL next year one would assume.

Cedar Rapids is in a great situation for next year. We currently have 2 goalies this year that are '15 commit years. Chris Birdsall (BC) and Danny Tirone (UNH). Add to that Drew Vogler who has started his NAHL career on fire. My guess and it is purely a guess, 1 of the 3 will be dealt mid to late this year.

Yuppie Scum
09-16-2013, 08:14 AM
All my hype and young Mr Holland has decided to not attend Merrimack and not play anymore. Gotta give the kid credit for being upfront and not doing it half way thru and making it a distraction. College is not for everyone. To bad as he would have been a good fit

Well, the world needs ditchdiggers, too..

Hokydad
09-16-2013, 11:20 AM
Lucky we have guys like you to fill that role. This kid is going to school for a different field and will be working with his families company, which is substantial

You will get nothing and like it

CollegeHockeyRinkReport
09-16-2013, 09:37 PM
Lucky we have guys like you to fill that role. This kid is going to school for a different field and will be working with his families company, which is substantial

You will get nothing and like it

It continues to amaze me the ridiculous comments some people make regarding college. I was fortunate enough to play a sport in college and am proud of being a college graduate, but there are plenty of fields where people can make a great living without a college degree. Most successful plumbers, electricians, contractors make more than teachers...Not saying money is the end all, but it infuriates me when people suggest that just because Holland isn't going to Merrimack he'll be a ditchdigger.

The Holland family owns a synthetic ice surface in their hometown of Woburn.

Hokydad
09-16-2013, 10:27 PM
It continues to amaze me the ridiculous comments some people make regarding college. I was fortunate enough to play a sport in college and am proud of being a college graduate, but there are plenty of fields where people can make a great living without a college degree. Most successful plumbers, electricians, contractors make more than teachers...Not saying money is the end all, but it infuriates me when people suggest that just because Holland isn't going to Merrimack he'll be a ditchdigger.

The Holland family owns a synthetic ice surface in their hometown of Woburn.

They also own a real ice rink in Woburn as well. Very nice family, great kid.

FeartheWarrior
09-17-2013, 07:55 AM
They also own a real ice rink in Woburn as well. Very nice family, great kid.

I don't think anyone was looking to offend, rather just quote Caddyshack and maybe garner a chuckle. I'm sure everyone wishes him the best in his future endeavors and much like he probably has, let's all move on.

As for the team this year and those who will be suiting up, any early word on impact Froshs? Is this Providence transfer by way of the BCHL going to make an immediate impact.

Just so we're all clear and to quote Judge Smails "Well... we're waiting!". Looking forward to some college hockey in the near future.

CollegeHockeyRinkReport
09-17-2013, 12:16 PM
PC transfer and Lashyn should both get a chance to immediately jump into lineup on D.