Merrimack Offseason Thread - Summer 2013 - Hampus on Campus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merrimack Offseason Thread - Summer 2013 - Hampus on Campus

Nobody has broken the ice, so allow me to do the honors. Gone are Bigos, Heffernan, Brodhag and Drew.

Into the mix are the new crop of freshmen:

F Chris LeBlanc (drafted by OTT)
    F Hampus Gustafsson
    F Alex Holland

D Craig Wyszomirski
    D Jonathan Lashyn

G Joseph Pantalone

The team has only lost 9% of its scoring from last year - that's somewhere to start - other thoughts/predictions/airing of grievances?
    "Get used to this drill, we'll be doing it a lot."
    "Why?"
    "Because the legs feed the wolf, gentlemen..."

Re: Merrimack Offseason Thread - Summer 2013 - Hampus on Campus

Originally posted by WarriorDJ View Post
    Nobody has broken the ice, so allow me to do the honors. Gone are Bigos, Heffernan, Brodhag and Drew.

Into the mix are the new crop of freshmen:

F Chris LeBlanc (drafted by OTT)
    F Hampus Gustafsson
    F Alex Holland

D Craig Wyszomirski
    D Jonathan Lashyn

G Joseph Pantalone

The team has only lost 9% of its scoring from last year - that's somewhere to start - other thoughts/predictions/airing of grievances?
    9% of not much scoring. Hopefully some of the new blood can pick up the slack here. I still think we will have strength in goal and D. This Wyszogdgfhdfhgfgsgski guy can hopefully fill the gap Bigos left on the ice without putting us down a man on a regular basis.

Some interesting OOC opponents this year including The Q and the reigning champs Yale. Frozen Fenway should be awesome. ND has to grace us with a game. There will be a Merrimack fan section in Denver as well.

Very much looking forward to seeing the new lobby and facilities at the Lawler!

Comment

http://www.merrimackathletics.com/ge..._store/release

Dunkin Donuts on site? Nice!!

Comment

Holland could be a very nice player over ext 4 years. Might have the best shot in Hockey East, which is saying a lot.
        If he keeps working as hard as he has past few summers could be a solid player+

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
          Holland could be a very nice player over ext 4 years. Might have the best shot in Hockey East, which is saying a lot.
          If he keeps working as hard as he has past few summers could be a solid player+
          Serious question why couldn't he put up a point per game in juniors if he has best shot in HE?

Comment

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
            Serious question why couldn't he put up a point per game in juniors if he has best shot in HE?
            Did very well on a poor BCHL team year before. Several nagging injuries all season. Skated hard in a 9 week pro GRP all summer and is coming in 100%

Has worked for years with a guy from Toronto called the "Shot Doctor". Alsohas worked with Tavaes and others. Watch warm ups etc

Comment

Has worked for years with a guy from Toronto called the "Shot Doctor". Alsohas worked with Tavaes and others. Watch warm ups etc
              I am guessing this is the guy: http://www.shoottoscore.ca/page/show...-about-dr-shot

Hopefully the "Shot Doctor" can help MC's PP - which was 7th in-conference last year...
              "Get used to this drill, we'll be doing it a lot."
              "Why?"
              "Because the legs feed the wolf, gentlemen..."

Comment

I am guessing this is the guy: http://www.shoottoscore.ca/page/show...-about-dr-shot

Hopefully the "Shot Doctor" can help MC's PP - which was 7th in-conference last year...
                Not to be confused with Dr. Hook who take out your eye with the flick of his wrist
                Rinks Visited
                DCU Center
                Tulley Forum
                TD Garden
                Tsongas Arena
                J. Thom Lawler Arena
                Conte Forum
                Whittemore Center
                Agganis Arena
                Verizon Center
                Gutterson Fieldhouse
                Matthews Arena
                Thompson Arena
                Mullins Center
                Alfond Arena
                Schneider Arena
                Magness Arena
                Ingallas Arena
                Hart Center
                Prudential Center
                TD Bank Sports Center
                John A Ryan
                Lynah Rink
                Appleton Arena
                Cheel Arena
                Germain Arena
                XL Center
                Class of 1965 Arena

Comment

Originally posted by MCgrad07 View Post
                  Not to be confused with Dr. Hook who take out your eye with the flick of his wrist
                  Buster Bluth?

Comment

Just brought the Denver tickets for both nights. Is anyone else going? I know that Yuppie Scum is going, what are everyone's plans. Got a walking breweries tour at 3 and I am excited for the season. Just think the season starts in under a month. I would love a return trip to McGill so I could rip up St. Catherine St.
                    Rinks Visited
                    DCU Center
                    Tulley Forum
                    TD Garden
                    Tsongas Arena
                    J. Thom Lawler Arena
                    Conte Forum
                    Whittemore Center
                    Agganis Arena
                    Verizon Center
                    Gutterson Fieldhouse
                    Matthews Arena
                    Thompson Arena
                    Mullins Center
                    Alfond Arena
                    Schneider Arena
                    Magness Arena
                    Ingallas Arena
                    Hart Center
                    Prudential Center
                    TD Bank Sports Center
                    John A Ryan
                    Lynah Rink
                    Appleton Arena
                    Cheel Arena
                    Germain Arena
                    XL Center
                    Class of 1965 Arena

Comment

Might be late now but we also got $40 tickets to Broncos-Jags that sunday out in denver. They have a "half price sale" to offset the millions the city gave them for the stadium. I agree, a trip to McGill would be sweet, maybe they can play Concordia and UQAM too.

Comment

All my hype and young Mr Holland has decided to not attend Merrimack and not play anymore. Gotta give the kid credit for being upfront and not doing it half way thru and making it a distraction. College is not for everyone. To bad as he would have been a good fit

Comment

Looks like Drew Vogler might be a huge pickup for Merrimack. He's stopped 48 of 49 in his first two games in Corpus Christi in NAHL. His rights are owned by Cedar Rapids so he'll be in USHL next year one would assume.
                          https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                          Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
                            Looks like Drew Vogler might be a huge pickup for Merrimack. He's stopped 48 of 49 in his first two games in Corpus Christi in NAHL. His rights are owned by Cedar Rapids so he'll be in USHL next year one would assume.
                            Cedar Rapids is in a great situation for next year. We currently have 2 goalies this year that are '15 commit years. Chris Birdsall (BC) and Danny Tirone (UNH). Add to that Drew Vogler who has started his NAHL career on fire. My guess and it is purely a guess, 1 of the 3 will be dealt mid to late this year.

Comment

All my hype and young Mr Holland has decided to not attend Merrimack and not play anymore. Gotta give the kid credit for being upfront and not doing it half way thru and making it a distraction. College is not for everyone. To bad as he would have been a good fit
                              Well, the world needs ditchdiggers, too..

Comment

Working...
                              X