X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Hockey 2013-14 Season

Originally posted by Kdaddy1968 View Post
    As for UVM the top line is playing very good hockey these days. McCarthy, Fallon, Pusckarich (sp?). They can run 4 lines without too much of a drop off from 2 to 4.

The key for UVM is they have stayed out of the box recently. Even with a good PK they need to stay out.
    Similar to our team in that we roll with multiple solid lines. Lines 1-3 are where we pack the scoring punch, but our 4th line plays great even if they don't score. Really good forechecking from that line. And your key (less PIMs) is the same for us as well, penalties have been our Achilles heel all year. And unfortunately our PK unit is not quite at the level yours is. Saw a stat that UVM has killed 97% of penalties at home. That's insane...hopefully we can knock that number down a bit
    "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

UVMs been on a roll.. just hoping this long stretch of time off does not come back to haunt us. Go Huskies!
      GO NU HOCKEY
      Always bullish on the future.
      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
        Similar to our team in that we roll with multiple solid lines. Lines 1-3 are where we pack the scoring punch, but our 4th line plays great even if they don't score. Really good forechecking from that line. And your key (less PIMs) is the same for us as well, penalties have been our Achilles heel all year. And unfortunately our PK unit is not quite at the level yours is. Saw a stat that UVM has killed 97% of penalties at home. That's insane...hopefully we can knock that number down a bit
        UVM will only roll 5 D tonight (one injured one suspended 3 games) so it will be a bit thin in back. Key numbers to watch for UMV are 3, 5, 17, 21.

Some sleepers are 8, 14 and 20.. Turk (8) and DeCenzo (14) are role players but their play has been key to playing some solid team hockey...if they play well then it will carry the team from what i have seen... just my 2 cents from the peanut gallery..

Comment

We're up 3-0 .. & Witt is keeping us in it right now.. if that makes any sense.
          Approx 14:00 left in the 3rd..
          GO NU HOCKEY
          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

We don't need to win pretty just earn hockey east points.
            These are good times to be a Husky Dawg!!!!

Comment

5:00 left in the gm.. still 3-0 NU, UVM still buzzing.. like they have.. all of the 3rd period.
              GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by Tilldog40 View Post
                We don't need to win pretty just earn hockey east points.
                ..agree.. just seemed like for a while there this would be a repeat of the 3-0 lead we gave up to Providence. We're just plain flat in the 3rd.. everyone except for Witt, that is.
                GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Give that we've been on our heels quite a bit for large parts of the gm.. our penalty kill has been good tonight. 7-7 thus far.
                  3:00 left in the 3rd, still 3-0 NU. UVM goalie pulled..
                  GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Ya closing games out has been a problem for this team for a long time. I couldn't believe they hung on against Lowell this year.

Comment

Witt with close to 50 saves.. nice shutout Clay!
                      3-0, NU final. Not pretty.. nevertheless a 'W' on the road, against relentless UVM team who had won 5 straight. Happy Holidays all.
                      GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Where is speed racer? I thouht that this team was bad?
                        The Artist formally known as Steve66

Comment

Nice Win to keep the momentum into the break. We have 10 wins before Christmas and that's the best present I could ask for. Happy Holidays to all! Stay safe! I streamed it and we are outplayed but again its about finding the back of the Net and Roy has like 24 points now, unreal, Witt is playing off the hook too. I will take two points in a total Tuesday trap game away at Gutterson Field House. Let's enjoy it for 2 weeks as we could be ranked in the top 15 next Tuesday and they deserve it.

Comment

It's nice going into break on a winning high note for once.

Comment

What a great way to begin the break! Witt looking fantastic! very impressed with him,and actually confident headed toward the Beanpot.I'm so happy for everyone else here,that you guys have stuck by these guys through some tough times and have some hope and a decent stretch to enjoy,Merry Christmas to all my Northeastern fans and friends here,you guys rock. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by retsap71 View Post
                                Where is speed racer? I thouht that this team was bad?
                                If nothing else, I think that the "Madigan can't coach" mantra that was popular on this board for awhile can finally be killed off. If my math and memory serve me right, the guy now has 30+ wins, including three at Notre Dame, one at Michigan, one at Minnesota, and two (so far) vs BU. And yes, I know that he still hasn't beaten BC or won a Beanpot.

I'll concede that an argument can be made that Madigan can't coach as well as [insert name] but the notion that the guy can't coach is now officially ludicrous.
                                Last edited by Split-N; 12-18-2013, 01:18 AM.
                                "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Working...
                                X