X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Hockey 2013-14 Season

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
    Does anyone here know this answer for sure? The first press release had it after the first goal, the next had it during the first intermission. Anyone know with certainty which one it is?
    I want to see Gillies go berserk and start golfing teddy bears into the stands.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
      Does anyone here know this answer for sure? The first press release had it after the first goal, the next had it during the first intermission. Anyone know with certainty which one it is?
      I must had read one of the press releases with it in between periods...

The game notes for tonight state this

Fans are encouraged to bring a stuffed animal to Matthews Arena for the 2013 Teddy Bear Toss, where fans can throw their stuffed animals onto the ice during the first intermission. Friday's Teddy Bear Toss is part of the Husky Hugs program run by Northeastern University's Office of Alumni Relations. Their goal is to collect 1,000 teddy bears that distributed to local area children's charities.
      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
        Isn't it supposed to be between the first and second period?
        not sure.. the last time we did same thing was a gm against the Minutemen.. refs gave us a delay of gm penalty.. no kidding.

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
        Pressure is on PC? A first place team in Hockey East...I disagree there!
        If we lose..hey you're #1 you're supposed to beat us.. cmon pressure's always on team numero uno.. :-)
        GO NU HOCKEY
        Always bullish on the future.
        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Did some more digging, looks like it is only during the first intermission. That's unfortunate...

Tthe game vs UMass, we did get a delay of game because the refs had no idea this was going to take place a bear was tossed onto the ice in...period 3 I think. After the initial bear parade. IIRC, the person who threw it was removed from the arena, and was wearing a UMass sweatshirt.
          "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Also saw that they would be dedicating a new memorial seat at the arena tonight, which pays tribute to POWs/MIAs... at 7:00. With the game starting at 8 I'm not so sure how many people are even going to know about it and/or be there for the ceremony. Why wouldn't they just do it before the game for a little more recognition? Doesn't make sense...
            Celebrating 20 Years of TheDogHouse

Comment

Originally posted by DieHardDog View Post
              Why wouldn't they just do it before the game for a little more recognition? Doesn't make sense...
              yes, even like 7:45.. or right before/ after National Anthem. That timing is a silly decision.
              GO NU HOCKEY
              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

talking about silly decisions..come to think of it.. its silly to start Gillies as well this gm..
                C'mon PC.. we've got the World Juniors coming.. give the guy some time off..

..well, here's hoping for a close gm from NU's perspective.
                GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                  talking about silly decisions..come to think of it.. its silly to start Gillies as well this gm..
                  C'mon PC.. we've got the World Juniors coming.. give the guy some time off..

..well, here's hoping for a close gm from NU's perspective.
                  Hey, we wanted to start Ellis in the Brown game, and PC won by a goal. I don't think Leaman is going to take NU for granted.

I'm at the game tonight. That's the best news NU can possibly hear. Matthews is alike an international house of horrors. Or pancakes.
                  Last edited by Jon; 12-06-2013, 05:16 PM.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                  -Blackadder
                  "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                  -Casablanca
                  "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                  -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

http://www.ecachockey.com/men/officials/Millea_Jack

NU out played Providence all night Wit made 50 plus saves, but this ref Jack Millea cost us the game with horrible calls. We got a tie and I happy with that,but we should have won this ****ttttthhhhhead Millea made some of the worst calls I have ever seen against NU in the 3rd to cost us this win an and extra point. 2 high sticking calls that put face-offs in our zone and 2 terrible calls that put PC on a 5 on 3 3 minutes into the 3rd. I am so ****ed off. You had to be there! Clink on my link to see why. This Ref from Providence, a ref from Providence should not be officiating a PC game ever! This guy deserves to be under investigation from Hockey East and the NCAA !

Comment

• Originally posted by RossiRules View Post

NU out played Providence all night Wit made 50 plus saves, but this ref Jack Millea cost us the game with horrible calls. We got a tie and I happy with that,but we should have won this ****ttttthhhhhead Millea made some of the worst calls I have ever seen against NU in the 3rd to cost us this win an and extra point. 2 high sticking calls that put face-offs in our zone and 2 terrible calls that put PC on a 5 on 3 3 minutes into the 3rd. I am so ****ed off. You had to be there! Clink on my link to see why. This Ref from Providence, a ref from Providence should not be officiating a PC game ever! This guy deserves to be under investigation from Hockey East and the NCAA !
                      FYI his brother is a linesman in the conference.

Millea called that BS hold in OT that Hart never took his hands off of his stick! Please, Millea didn't make a difference in this game and for you to say NU outplayed PC while being more than doubled in shots loses credibility!

Comment

NU out played Providence all night Wit made 50 plus saves, but this ref Jack Millea cost us the game with horrible calls. We got a tie and I happy with that, but we should have won this ****ttttthhhhhead Millea made some of the worst calls I have ever seen against NU in the 3rd to cost us this win an and extra point. 2 high sticking calls that put face-offs in our zone and 2 terrible calls that put PC on a 5 on 3 3 minutes into the 3rd. I am so ****ed off. You had to be there! Clink on my link to see why. This Ref from Providence, a ref from Providence should not be officiating a PC game ever! This guy deserves to be under investigation from Hockey East and the NCAA !

We are a pretty good team right now but the play of Cody Ferriero is absolutely horrendous. He totally sucks and is a big liability! Also of note Roy can't get back to play any defense at all and Stevens and Manson are not looking so hot. Sorry, but neither got 1/4 of the talent of their Dads and I don't see either ever plying in the NHL, without a miracle or some form of divine intervention . It's a point against the #2 team, great but we should have won! We had 3 goal lead and 16 minutes left in the 3rd, then the wheels fell of as a result of the calls, NU skated with them every step of the way. Witt was unreal but let up one bad 2nd goal.
                        Last edited by RossiRules; 12-06-2013, 10:45 PM.

Comment

don't argue with zlax...providence is the bestest. reading his posts, you'd think leaman has won multiple national titles with the friars.

Comment

Ah 1/2 the shots PC had were just like 1/4 speed wrist shots that hit Wit square in the chest, like the one's my grandmother used to shoot me on the ponds in Ontario when was 6, shots don't mean much if you are counting ones that suck and come in directly unscreened as good looks in no traffic at 10 mph! So only 25 of the shots were actually good one's. However, if that the number 2 team in the nation, there is no way in hell we are 19. I am not worried, because tonight the so called star PC Goalie (Gillies) looked very non NHL draft and was so shaky, that if he had given up another soft goal, I thought they would pull him, also the Huskies are more talented offensively, period.
                            Last edited by RossiRules; 12-06-2013, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Gillies stunk tonight and everyone that has seen him lately knows he was injured vs UNH and hasn't been sharp.

I just hate seeing refs blamed because your team got outshot 25-7 in that third.

Comment

we had this, we had this, we had this, we had this, they had this they had this, they had this, no.. we had this...!!!

nice comeback PC.. shows why you are a top team. Gillies did not have his best night.. but for 2 periods.. NU certainly had one of their best gms. Unfortunately for us..its a 3 period (+ sometimes).. gm. I thought that BC 2 goal lead evaporating earlier this season, taught us something. Apparently not yet. not yet. Least a tie tonight but i was so believing we had that 'W' ..very well could have been a 'L' towards the end. Way to battle back, Friars.

The 5x3 call on Benning was soft, no question!.. but he's got to fix a few things regardless.

Well played Clay Witt.. well played rest of team as well but let's play disciplined on the road now, NU!..

we had this we had this we had this we had this, they had this, they had this, they had this, they had this, no!.. we had this we had this..!
                                GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                                X