UAH Hockey 2013-14: Feeling like a real D-I program again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAH Hockey 2013-14: Feeling like a real D-I program again

For those of you who might not be aware, both of this weekend's games in Boston are available for free on the Northeastern Athletics video stream:

http://client.stretchinternet.com/cl...astType=video#

There are separate HD and SD streams so if you hook a computer to a High Def TV set, be sure to click on the HD option.

[Apologies for the double post. The site seems to be acting strange lately]
    Last edited by Split-N; 10-11-2013, 01:45 PM.
    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by dimwell View Post
      NBCSN will air 20 NCAA games nationally this season, including UAH at Notre Dame on Jan 10.

In addition, NBC Sports Live Extra will stream UAH at Notre Dame on Nov 29 and Jan 11.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...s-this-season/
      What tha WHAT!
      UAH - The Cleveland Browns of COLLEGE HOCKEY

Mike Anderson
      2006 Time Person of the Year
      Finger far off the pulse of college hockey, thanks to Mack Portera.
      It was fun for a whole lot of seasons.

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)

Comment

http://uahhockey.com/blog/2013/10/11...stern-9-uah-1/

GFM
        Geof F. Morris
        UAH BSE MAE 2002
        UAHHockey.com

Comment

Not like I need to tell you, but hang in there guys. It'll take a bit to get back. I think most of us are pulling for ya.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
            Not like I need to tell you, but hang in there guys. It'll take a bit to get back. I think most of us are pulling for ya.
            Ever seen a big team play a bunch of fast, little guys skittering around like waterbugs? Yeah, it was like that.

GFM
            Geof F. Morris
            UAH BSE MAE 2002
            UAHHockey.com

Comment

No doubt last night was a tough game to watch. Like Geof said, there will be nights like that in this rebuilding process. This team, though, is not as bad as the score would indicate. It cannot be denied that UAH is made up of a majority of role players at this point in time. Vanderlugt and Allan are likely the only guys that would potentially crack a top 6 at another D1 school right now. Same on D with regards to having top two pairing defenseman.

But, there is the potential to have a Predators like model and be somewhat successful. Larose looked nervous last night. I think he is a helluva lot better than that. He can be a top flight D1 tender. Give him some more games and I think we'll see that. The D core has size (White, Schools, Carlson), some solid puckmovers (Misuraca and Koshey), and guy with a high hockey IQ that always makes smart plays (Reinhardt). The D can be the stabilizing factor. It will just take some time for them to gel and get acclimated to Corbett's system at game speed.

Up front this team will probably be hard pressed for goals like in years past. There were, however, some good scoring chances last night, and some good things to out of the loss. Brears looked much improved and can be a force this year. Soquila could also make some noise. I think we'll see this group score more than last year no doubt.

There's my two cents. I'm still excited I don't know about y'all. The jersey looked sick; the new pants stripe is legit. Yeah, we're slow, but we'll be alright. Go Herd.

Comment

Also, does anyone know what happened to Michael Webley and Christian Costello? Neither are listed on the roster anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by GetOutDaKitchin View Post
                  No doubt last night was a tough game to watch. Like Geof said, there will be nights like that in this rebuilding process. This team, though, is not as bad as the score would indicate. It cannot be denied that UAH is made up of a majority of role players at this point in time. Vanderlugt and Allan are likely the only guys that would potentially crack a top 6 at another D1 school right now. Same on D with regards to having top two pairing defenseman.

But, there is the potential to have a Predators like model and be somewhat successful. Larose looked nervous last night. I think he is a helluva lot better than that. He can be a top flight D1 tender. Give him some more games and I think we'll see that. The D core has size (White, Schools, Carlson), some solid puckmovers (Misuraca and Koshey), and guy with a high hockey IQ that always makes smart plays (Reinhardt). The D can be the stabilizing factor. It will just take some time for them to gel and get acclimated to Corbett's system at game speed.

Up front this team will probably be hard pressed for goals like in years past. There were, however, some good scoring chances last night, and some good things to out of the loss. Brears looked much improved and can be a force this year. Soquila could also make some noise. I think we'll see this group score more than last year no doubt.

There's my two cents. I'm still excited I don't know about y'all. The jersey looked sick; the new pants stripe is legit. Yeah, we're slow, but we'll be alright. Go Herd.
                  Hindsight is 20/20, of course, but considering all the fresh faces we had in the lineup last night, I wonder if an exhibition tuneup would've been a good idea. I don't know if it was possible since we already have a 38-game regular schedule.

But feet were gotten wet last night. This will help tonight.
                  Michael Napier - UAH '97
                  uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
                  U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
                  NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
                  CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
                  CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

Also, does anyone know what happened to Michael Webley and Christian Costello? Neither are listed on the roster anymore.
                    Huh -- I just noticed Webley's removal. Costello was a very late addition anyway.
                    Michael Napier - UAH '97
                    uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey

Comment

It's my understanding that Webley has withdrawn from school. I do not know about Costello. I hadn't noticed his absence when I talked to the coaches on Wednesday night.

GFM
                      Geof F. Morris
                      UAH BSE MAE 2002
                      UAHHockey.com

Comment

http://uahhockey.com/blog/2013/10/12...stern-3-uah-2/

Much more interesting, much more watchable. I can't wait until we start winning these types of games.
                        Michael Napier - UAH '97
                        uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey

Comment

Wondering if there are any places you guys would recommend for staying in Huntsville. Our group likes to stay in hotels close enough to walk to the rink so we can drink and not worry about cabs.
                          tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                            Wondering if there are any places you guys would recommend for staying in Huntsville. Our group likes to stay in hotels close enough to walk to the rink so we can drink and not worry about cabs.
                            Embassy Suites is right next door to the arena.

Comment

• Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                              Embassy your best bet, but there a newer spring hill suites @ 4 blocks way and a holiday inn - cheapest of three but dated on inside - is across from the Embassy. But outside the hotel bars & restaurants there are not many bars/restaurants within walking distance. GFM could shed more light on that tho since I tend to stay closer to campus when I'm in town.
                              Last edited by fangers; 10-14-2013, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by UAHStatman View Post
                                http://uahhockey.com/blog/2013/10/12...stern-3-uah-2/

Much more interesting, much more watchable. I can't wait until we start winning these types of games.
                                One good thing that came out of the weekend for you guys is that you likely found out who your starting goalie is going to be. The Guerriero kid stood on his head more than a few times on Saturday. Anyway, a tip of the Husky hat to your guys for not quitting after the Friday debacle.
                                "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Working...
                                X