UAH Hockey 2013-14: Feeling like a real D-I program again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UAH Hockey 2013-14: Feeling like a real D-I program again

So when are we going to hear about this interview with Ted Rotenberger? I am very interested to see how he was recruited and what went into his decision to actually stay in Huntsville. I hope that UAH can create a pipeline with the Thunder AAA program. It is by far the best in the Southeast and we could get some real gems if we can keep em at home.

Also, what is the word on the team? Has anyone seen a practice and have a report on how the players are looking (especially the freshmen)?

And last, but not least, any new news on the jersey situation? Have they finally decided and completed the new versions?

Comment

Originally posted by GetOutDaKitchin View Post
      So when are we going to hear about this interview with Ted Rotenberger? I am very interested to see how he was recruited and what went into his decision to actually stay in Huntsville. I hope that UAH can create a pipeline with the Thunder AAA program. It is by far the best in the Southeast and we could get some real gems if we can keep em at home.

Also, what is the word on the team? Has anyone seen a practice and have a report on how the players are looking (especially the freshmen)?

And last, but not least, any new news on the jersey situation? Have they finally decided and completed the new versions?
      The only answer that I have for you is for the first, and that will be by the end of the month. Our interview with Dr. Altenkirch comes first.

GFM
      Geof F. Morris
      UAH BSE MAE 2002
      UAHHockey.com

Comment

Does anyone know any details on the new jerseys? I plan to still wear my old one to DU games, so when they are on TV, look over the visiting coaches right shoulder and you will usually see me (or my bonkers kids).

Comment

I do not. I have had pressing matters to attend to.

GFM
          Geof F. Morris
          UAH BSE MAE 2002
          UAHHockey.com

Comment

The new jerseys aren't in yet, but they will be soon. If you were at the postseason banquet, you saw a design that's 95% close. I expect that Douglas may have taken some photos. I did not.

GFM
            Geof F. Morris
            UAH BSE MAE 2002
            UAHHockey.com

Comment

Really enjoyed the weekend in the great state of Alabama. Catching up with some old Birmingham hockey buddies, some Tide football and a little Dreamland BBQ too. Looking forward to Huntsville in March!
              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                Really enjoyed the weekend in the great state of Alabama. Catching up with some old Birmingham hockey buddies, some Tide football and a little Dreamland BBQ too. Looking forward to Huntsville in March!
                Assuming I still live here then (you never know with the job hunt), we're going.

GFM
                Geof F. Morris
                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                UAHHockey.com

Comment

http://uahhockey.com/blog/2013/09/23...rt-altenkirch/

GFM
                  Geof F. Morris
                  UAH BSE MAE 2002
                  UAHHockey.com

Comment

Lots 'o news today:

Coaching staff unveils freshmen class:
                    http://www.uahchargers.com/news/2013...924133840.aspx

WCHA media picks us last. Wheee.
                    http://uahhockey.com/blog/2013/09/24...reseason-poll/

WCHA TV Internet streaming deals:
                    http://www.wcha.com/men/pres1314/201309/sep24wcm.php
                    Michael Napier - UAH '97
                    uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
                    U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
                    NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
                    CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
                    CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

• Re: UAH Hockey 2013-14: Feeling like a real D-I program again

While skulking around the roster page, I saw that indeed we have a transfer:

http://uahchargers.com/roster.aspx?r...2&path=mhockey

Someone more versed in the NCAA rulebook than I am will tell me what his status is, given that he never took the ice for the Broncos. I'm guessing that he'll be able to play this year if they have him listed on the roster; whether that's fall or spring remains to be determined. MikeAnderson, do you have time to educate me?

GFM
                      Geof F. Morris
                      UAH BSE MAE 2002
                      UAHHockey.com

Comment

Upon first glance, I think he's got to sit. Either way, I think he's only got two years of eligibility for you guys.
                        FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                          Upon first glance, I think he's got to sit. Either way, I think he's only got two years of eligibility for you guys.
                          Hmm, yeah, I see that. The five-year clock ends in '16.

GFM
                          Geof F. Morris
                          UAH BSE MAE 2002
                          UAHHockey.com

Comment

I finally got to spend around an hour with Corbett. I'll save my commentary for the article on uahhockey.com, but he had a lot of smart things to say.

I couldn't get a commitment out of Mike, but I'm fairly sure that between what he told me today and what he said in the media call yesterday that Brice Geoffrion will be our next captain, which breaks the streak of two-year defenseman captains. I think that Brice would be an excellent selection.

Speaking of the brothers, Seabass will play for the Cincinnati Cyclones of the ECHL this year. fangers, I expect updates.

GFM
                            Geof F. Morris
                            UAH BSE MAE 2002
                            UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                              Speaking of the brothers, Seabass will play for the Cincinnati Cyclones of the ECHL this year. fangers, I expect updates.

GFM
                              I don't make it to as many weekend games anymore (duh), but I try to get to as many weeknight games as I can. I'll send along updates, no problem.

Comment

Happened upon the UAH schedule and noticed this oddity.

You guys have a non-conference series with both Notre Dame and Northeastern this season and you're playing in an "early" season tournament that also involves both those teams, besides?

How/why did that happen?

Pretty cool that you also get a visit from one of last year's Frozen Four teams, too.

Watching the fortunes of war for UAH hockey this year is going to be one of the interesting story lines of this upcoming season, in my book. Good luck to you guys this season!

Comment

Working...
                                X