UAH Hockey 2013-14: Feeling like a real D-I program again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAH Hockey 2013-14: Feeling like a real D-I program again

Well, Cam Talbot basically shut down the Hawks tonight... Cool to see a UAH guy preforming at the NHL level... Seems like he's been doing well for the Blueshirts in the backup role this season....
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
      Well, Cam Talbot basically shut down the Hawks tonight... Cool to see a UAH guy preforming at the NHL level... Seems like he's been doing well for the Blueshirts in the backup role this season....
      It's been a good season for the Bot. I love seeing it. Alain Vigneault has to be frustrated that he left this kind of situation behind in VAN.

Okay ... we are on the top front page of ncaa.com today. http://www.ncaa.com/slapshots-sun-belt

GFM <— hasn't even begun to look through all of it yet.
      Geof F. Morris
      UAH BSE MAE 2002
      UAHHockey.com

Comment

Who Hates Bemidji!! I hope my eyes haven't deceived me. Go Chargers!!!

Comment

Congratulations Chargers!!!

Comment

There's goes this week's pick 'em.

Congrats! And against Brrmidji!
            MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

We are quite pleased with the performance of our hockey team this fine evening. Now to repeat the process on the morrow.
              Michael Napier - UAH '97
              uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
              U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
              NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
              CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
              CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
                There's goes this week's pick 'em.

Congrats! And against Brrmidji!
                Very much happy to lose ground. Then again, I don't think I lost ground.
                Michael Napier - UAH '97
                uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
                U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
                NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
                CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
                CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

Larose looked so calm. Reminded me of Talbot. But ugh I really hate losing to you guys! Thru an endless winter of freeze your butt off cold, this was a sign of spring to look forward to. Now it's just -35 below with minus -60 wind chill numbing feeling! Ugh! I still hate Huntsville!

Comment

Well, that was pleasant.

GFM
                    Geof F. Morris
                    UAH BSE MAE 2002
                    UAHHockey.com

Comment

Congrats UAH!
                      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Kick *** and take names.

Comment

Way to go Huntsville! Go for the sweep tomorrow night!
                          Originally Posted by aparch
                          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Hey. I've been on a long time mission to see every D1 team play, and this weekend I'm ending my quest down in Huntsville. I've seen UAH a few times up in the Northeast, but Alabama is a much warmer destination than the UP to see Northern Michigan.

I'll be at VBC for the Friday game, and was hoping to pick people's brains about what to do, and where I should grab food before the game. Being an RPI engineering geek, the Space and Rocket Center is at the top of my list, but I'd love to hear other suggestions. Thanks in advance!
                            RPI Pep Band Ex-Ex-Ex-...-Ex Conductor

RPI Hockey 1954, 1985
                            UConn Basketball 1999, 2004, 2011, 2014

Comment

Where are you staying? Do you like craft beer? What sort of food interests you?

GFM <— with the questions.
                              Geof F. Morris
                              UAH BSE MAE 2002
                              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                                Where are you staying? Do you like craft beer? What sort of food interests you?

GFM <— with the questions.

I'm staying at the Marriott right next to the Rocket center. I love craft beer, and will eat pretty much anything except seafood. I'm typically anti-chain, and like to check out popular local places. (brew pubs, bbq joints, sports bars, etc...) Thanks.
                                RPI Pep Band Ex-Ex-Ex-...-Ex Conductor

RPI Hockey 1954, 1985
                                UConn Basketball 1999, 2004, 2011, 2014

Comment

Working...
                                X