• Re: UAH Hockey 2013-14: Feeling like a real D-I program again

I hope that it goes well!

GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

Comment

Madre de Dios. This is getting hard to have hope in. I was really feeling like 0-38-0 was a possibility after the first St. Cloud game, but then they drop that bomb on the Huskies the next night. They looked good for a Friday start last night, so I was thinking that we'd get a win tonight. Nope. Nice first, okay second, terrible third, 4-0 win.

I still have a lot of hope, but my expectations are getting beaten down. Of course, we did shock Denver out of nowhere in 2012.

GFM
      Geof F. Morris
      UAH BSE MAE 2002
      UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
        Madre de Dios. This is getting hard to have hope in. I was really feeling like 0-38-0 was a possibility after the first St. Cloud game, but then they drop that bomb on the Huskies the next night. They looked good for a Friday start last night, so I was thinking that we'd get a win tonight. Nope. Nice first, okay second, terrible third, 4-0 win.

I still have a lot of hope, but my expectations are getting beaten down. Of course, we did shock Denver out of nowhere in 2012.

GFM
        I have a feeling the team felt good coming into tonight as well, and I sensed the anger and frustration of it not coming together in that third period. Heck, it was making me angry.

I too still think the future is bright, but this now 21-game losing streak keeps clouding things. It needs to get out of the way, fast.
        Michael Napier - UAH '97
        uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
        U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
        NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
        CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
        CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

It's another shut-out for cam!

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2013/1...ver-predators/

It was cool having Rangers fans behind us and to the leftt of us. Our other neighbors weren't quite so pleased.

Comment

My Ross "7" stars & stripes jersey blended quite well with the Rangers' jerseys in our rows.

Comment

The Heisenberg site is showing another recruit.
              Huntsville native Josh Kestner-RW-Sarnia (GOJHL) - 6'1 165 11/8/93. Kestner is currently 7th in the league in scoring with 39 points (23-16-39) in 25 games.

http://wohcsarnia.stats.pointstreak....seasonid=11305

Comment

Originally posted by tnlong View Post
                It's another shut-out for cam!

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2013/1...ver-predators/

It was cool having Rangers fans behind us and to the leftt of us. Our other neighbors weren't quite so pleased.
                Cool! I'm glad you got to watch the 'Bot play in person. I'll have to pay attention the next time the Rangers visit Carolina...
                Michael Napier - UAH '97
                uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                  The Heisenberg site is showing another recruit.
                  Huntsville native Josh Kestner-RW-Sarnia (GOJHL) - 6'1 165 11/8/93. Kestner is currently 7th in the league in scoring with 39 points (23-16-39) in 25 games.

http://wohcsarnia.stats.pointstreak....seasonid=11305
                  Fabulous! This could mean in 2015, with Ted Rotenberger, we'll have two Huntsvillians at the same time. Hasn't happened since 2001-02 with Jared Ross and Blake Thompson (if I recall correctly).
                  Michael Napier - UAH '97
                  uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by UAHStatman View Post
                    Fabulous! This could mean in 2015, with Ted Rotenberger, we'll have two Huntsvillians at the same time. Hasn't happened since 2001-02 with Jared Ross and Blake Thompson (if I recall correctly).
                    You are correct, sir. It'll be the third pairing of players from the same metro area in the last few years after the Geoffrions and Lysaght & Pierce.

Speaking of Kyle, I keep seeing good progress reports on him. He also keeps appearing at home games, which makes me sad because he's gone by the time I get downstairs.

GFM
                    Geof F. Morris
                    UAH BSE MAE 2002
                    UAHHockey.com

Comment

Per the twitter account of a fellow teammate, Topeka Roadrunner's leading scorer Tyler Poulsen has committed to UAH. A small forward, I'm hoping he can bring some scoring to the table. He's been in the NAHL for awhile now. If anyone has some more information on the kid I'd love to hear it.

Comment

Originally posted by GetOutDaKitchin View Post
                        Per the twitter account of a fellow teammate, Topeka Roadrunner's leading scorer Tyler Poulsen has committed to UAH. A small forward, I'm hoping he can bring some scoring to the table. He's been in the NAHL for awhile now. If anyone has some more information on the kid I'd love to hear it.
                        I don't have further info, other than Chris Heisenberg now has him on his list.
                        Michael Napier - UAH '97
                        uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey

Comment

Anybody coming to BG this weekend?
                          Advise you to bring a blanket. Our building is cold when it is empty, and it will be empty

BG's football team plays for MAC championship vs Northern Illinois Friday night in Detroit. And then there's that Big-whatever championship game Saturday.
                          Du hockey comme dans le temps!

Comment

I would love to come up there, but I have a final this afternoon (90 minutes from now; I'm done studying) and another one on Tuesday that I cannot afford to lose study time for. BG was the only trip that I could realistically make.

GFM
                            Geof F. Morris
                            UAH BSE MAE 2002
                            UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                              I would love to come up there, but I have a final this afternoon (90 minutes from now; I'm done studying) and another one on Tuesday that I cannot afford to lose study time for. BG was the only trip that I could realistically make.

GFM
                              If ya leave Friday morning and get back Sunday afternoon, that gives you all day Monday to study.

Comment

• Originally posted by pdt1081 View Post
                                If ya leave Friday morning and get back Sunday afternoon, that gives you all day Monday to study.
                                Friday not a day to be driving thru this area.

Comment

Working...
                                X