Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIT TIGERS - 2013-2014 Season

Girls report in just under 6 weeks.
    ...and whadaya know, it's another freshman...

Re: RIT TIGERS - 2013-2014 Season

We've got an awful lot of freshmen this year. Will this be another adjustment year?

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
      We've got an awful lot of freshmen this year. Will this be another adjustment year?

Powers &8^]
      The team lost 8 players from last year and replaced them with 10. Coach is going to have to learn how to manage expectations a lot more this year than in past years.

There is some good talent in the incoming class so it's a wait and see exercise for sure.

Comment

The new recruits coming in look like they have a strong background with a good diversity of talent in all positions. They should mix well with the talented upperclassmen that are already on the roster. Looks like a better incoming class than many of their conference rivals. RIT also gets a really good forward back from injury who did not play at all last year. Question will be can they leapfrog RMU (who had an off year) and challenge Syracuse for #2 in the conference, behind Mercyhurst.

Comment

http://www.ahcahockey.com/jobs/index.php

RIT looking for 2nd Assistant Coach.

Comment

Tickets for the noon Frozen Frontier game against Clarkson will be general admission, $10 for all seats.

http://www.frozenfrontier2013.com/

Powers &8^]

Comment

Members of the Mens and Womens hockey teams will throw out ceremonial first pitches and sign autographs during the Red Wings game on Saturday. The mens LAX team will also be honored. http://www.ritathletics.com/news/201...821134124.aspx
              Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
              College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
              Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
              Men's Frozen Four 2010
              Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
              Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

The team appears to have some new coaches. On the roster, Matt Woodard is listed as an assistant coach. From google searches, he played 4 years at AIC and then was an assistant coach of the women's team at Manhattenville for 2 years.

RA Mobile is listed as a volunteer assistant coach. Looks like he played 3 years at New England College (2003-2006), but I can't find much more than that in a quick search.

Kristina Klishko is not listed on this year's roster.

RIT Tigers
                Men's Frozen Four 2010

Comment

A few other things I noted about the roster
                  -Kolbee McCrea is listed as a Jr. again - I assume she got a medical redshirt for last year?
                  -Julie Hall changed from #18 to #8
                  -Jetta Rackleff is listed as a Sophomore - anyone know why? (edit: just read her bio - "attended Central Oregon Community College from 2010-12." Must be an NCAA thing?)

Here is the release on Matt Woodard being names an assistant coach: http://www.ritathletics.com/news/201...828132725.aspx

RIT Tigers
                  Men's Frozen Four 2010

Comment

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post

Kristina Klishko is not listed on this year's roster.
                    She isn't on last year's roster, or in the team picture.
                    I thought she was removed from the roster around Christmas.
                    That would probably explain why she isn't on the team this year.
                    RIT TIGERS
                    2007-08 AHA Pick'em Champion

Comment

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
                      A few other things I noted about the roster
                      -Kolbee McCrea is listed as a Jr. again - I assume she got a medical redshirt for last year?
                      -Julie Hall changed from #18 to #8
                      -Jetta Rackleff is listed as a Sophomore - anyone know why? (edit: just read her bio - "attended Central Oregon Community College from 2010-12." Must be an NCAA thing?)

Here is the release on Matt Woodard being names an assistant coach: http://www.ritathletics.com/news/201...828132725.aspx
                      It's great to see this team with the full complement of coaches, especially with a big freshmen class.

Getting McCrea back from injury is great. It would have been nice to see her in the line up last year in some of those close games.
                      RIT TIGERS
                      2007-08 AHA Pick'em Champion

Comment

Does anyone know if Binnington is back on the ice yet?

Heard she had hip surgery in the offseason and was hoping to be back for the beginning of the season.

Comment

Well I certainly hope so, otherwise we've got a serious problem at goaltender.

I never would have thought two years ago we'd have any reason to be starting a freshman this year.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                            Well I certainly hope so, otherwise we've got a serious problem at goaltender.

I never would have thought two years ago we'd have any reason to be starting a freshman this year.

Powers &8^]
                            My understanding is that Binnington will be ready for the season opener. Techically Rackleff is not a freshman. She entered the school as a sophomore and has plenty of pressure games behind her. Barring any additional injuries we should be fine in-between the pipes this year.

Also, did you think 2 years ago that Chamberlain would choose to pack it in after her Junior year? Sometimes s$@t happens and you have to react.

Comment

Originally posted by Cali View Post
                              Also, did you think 2 years ago that Chamberlain would choose to pack it in after her Junior year? Sometimes s$@t happens and you have to react.
                              Well no, that's my point. Two years ago I would have expected Chamberlain to be our starter this year with Binnington an able backup, and a Freshman or Sophomore learning behind them. Sure, s$@t happens, but you hope it doesn't happen to more than one goalie at a time. =)

Powers &8^]

Comment

Working...
                              X