X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UVM Offseason Thread- Summer 2013

Originally posted by Martin St. Louis Fan View Post
    Looks like we are famous boys!
    Famous indeed! Nice to know someone actually reads what we say here.

Speaking of which, good to see you posting again. Were you on sabbatical last season? I know you're a pretty big fan of Sneddon, so what's your take on the recent direction of the team, and the importance of the upcoming season for his future as UVM coach?

Although I've been pretty vocal about calling for a change, I do think Sneddon did a good job bringing the team back from the brink last season. Although UVM is generally not the kind of school to fire someone, or even to decide not to renew a contract, I do think this is a big year for him. That said, I'm anticipating a good season, as I'm really pretty pysched about the incoming class. We shall see.....

Comment

Here is the incoming class...

http://www.uvmathletics.com/news/201...716133418.aspx
      Originally posted by Hokydad
      Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by BU2K View Post
        Pass the popcorn.
        It's another UVM fan mensa meeting over here with all these brilliant minds clashing! I, for one, welcome PeterWallack.
        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
          It's another UVM fan mensa meeting over here with all these brilliant minds clashing! I, for one, welcome PeterWallack.
          You would.

Of course he was on here lurking earlier and didn't reply. My guess is he just realized that more people read the forum then he thought including the sports guy for the local newspaper, and his actions here will directly impact how the public perceives the new AC.

I expect PeterWallack won't be posting much anymore. Of course, I also thought Osrojo would be gone after his first failed thread and hey he's still pumping out idiotic thread after idiotic thread.

Comment

[QUOTE=PeterWallack;5750929]
            Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
            You would.

Apple=tree?

Of course he was on here lurking earlier and didn't reply. My guess is he just realized that more people read the forum then he thought including the sports guy for the local newspaper, and his actions here will directly impact how the public perceives the new AC.

I expect PeterWallack won't be posting much anymore. Of course, I also thought Osrojo would be gone after his first failed thread and hey he's still pumping out idiotic thread after . Gentlemen, thanks for the opportunity to ruffle some feathers in the middle of July .I now know your hearts are in the right place,as for your minds, that's for another day. Ha ha!!Dont get up to UVM during the season. I'm still coaching Junior A in Florida helping kids trying to play college hockey. Personally, as a dad I will always defend my son. His skin is thicker then mine..Keep doing what your doing, it surely adds to my retirement pleasures

Comment

Originally posted by PeterWallack
              I'm still coaching Junior A in Florida helping kids trying to play college hockey.

Let me guess.... working on coaching them how to run an effective Power Play

Comment

Will have some of our guys at HNIB in a couple.of weeks if you would like to come over and help
                Thanks for the offer, but I guess since it's all about talent it would be a waste of time... coaching is irrelevant to the power play right? Afterall, everything you need to know is found here

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/conten...in-hockey.html

Comment

ASST COACH - PETER WALLACK

Peter is a former Goalie Coach at AIC in Springfield, MA and former assistant to Gary Dineen at the Springfield Coyotes. Additionally, he specializes in the placement of players to various NCAA and junior programs.

http://www.palmbeachjrhawks.com/Page...achjrhawks.com

Comment

I guess in today's high tech world all a coach has to do is give his players the appropriate web sites and their all set.But, if that's the case, you'd only be able to criticize the web sites and that wouldn't be much fun
                    Have to give credit to you for using your own name. Our biggest flamers in the past never did.

To bad Justin's Dad didnt have the nads to use his name when we all knew it was him.
                    New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Not in my DNA to hide. If your going to put yourself out their, be yourself.I guess when your 70 years old being called a flamer might be taken as a compliment.
                      Bravo. Welcome aboard.
                      Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

Never been a big fan of systems.Everyone knows its bad luck to have an open umbrella indoors anyway.
                        That is great. Mind if I use it sometime?
                        Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

Its not always about putting your five most skilled players out there. There's got to be that chemistry.
                          I'll bet my last dollar the coaches and players at UVM are trying their hardest to score on every power play.
                          You should come watch a few games. There are some nights where the Power play averages less then a shot/man advantage. If they are trying their hardest they are confused about how goals are actually scored. There are no points for passing it back and forth.

I agree, chemistry is absolutely key. That's another key aspect of "coaching" the power play. Systems are meant to be broken, but you do need to at least start with one in order to be able to break it.

I believe I speak for everyone on this board when I say I sure hope that our AC's have great success through coaching and recruiting that will allow UVM to have even a mediocre power play for the up coming season. But, I'm not holding my breath. History has a way...

Comment

No copyright involved! All yours

With all due respect, lets not take "Peter" Wallack's advise on what makes a good power play and deflect it all off of the coaches. UVM has plenty of skill and talent right now. We need a deeper investigation here to make certain this is not counter intelligence. If this guy is truly "Peter" and not someone else, say with a name like Kyle, Bob, Kevin or something like that, then there is a reason he is coaching hockey in Florida because a genius mind of the power play such as he is proclaiming to have surely would have risen to coaching greatness unless of course he just never had any talent to exploit. I think we should get Gary Wright's opinion...after all he is a Catamount. I have contacts that say the "Peter" Wallack that they know would never participate in hockey board bantor and never proclaim his son to be the architect for Yale's NCAA Hockey National Championship so I am just a little suspicious. But this sure is fun. Anyone know Gary Wright? If so lets get a statement and "clear" all this air.

Comment

What does concern me is this preponderance of concern for the power play at the expense of the rest of the game.

It's not at the expense of the rest of the game, it's just THE GLARING issue that consistently plauges the Cats no matter who they have on the roster. Even though 5 UVM players from the past 6-7 years have stepped out on to NHL ice, we havn't seen a PP over 20% since 2006, and average less then 15%. In no season that Sneddon has been coached has UVM averaged a power play goal / game. I wish the information was handy, but I'm willing to bet a pretty penny that UVM takes more shots / min off 5 on 5 ice time, then it does during power play ice time. Heck, I'd be willing to bet a crusty, old tarnished penny that there are more shots on goal / min short handed then on the power play. It's just glaring.

That said, the club has other issues to work on, defense needs to be better... a few guys need to step it up, but all in all it has the makings of a solid club, with a little extra push from say the power play and...

Comment

Good bye Peter Wallack?

Comment

Working...
                                X