X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Things Denver XXXVI

Continue.

http://www.uscho.com/2013/06/19/repo...ma-huntsville/ Gwoz to Huntsville?
    Last edited by A Shot and a Goal; 06-20-2013, 11:31 AM.
    sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Re: All Things Denver XXXVI

Very interesting analysis of goalie recruit Evan Cowley. They have him pegged as one of the top goalie draft picks this year with the future potential to be a #1 NHL goalie. The Elite Prospects site has him playing in Sioux City this coming season and coming to DU the following season. He is in Sioux City's camp right now.

http://thehockeywriters.com/evan-cow...spect-profile/
    DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

These are some great reports on Cowley. Sounds like a good kid with a lot of potential.

Gwoz to UAH--I just don't see it happening. Ever.

Comment

[QUOTE=Pablo;5741735]These are some great reports on Cowley. Sounds like a good kid with a lot of potential.

Gwoz to UAH--I just don't see it happening. Ever.[/QUOTE

That means we still need a backup for Sam

Don't see Gwoz going the gritz route
        GO DU !!!

Comment

[QUOTE=vizoroo;5741807]
          Originally posted by Pablo View Post
          These are some great reports on Cowley. Sounds like a good kid with a lot of potential.

Gwoz to UAH--I just don't see it happening. Ever.[/QUOTE

That means we still need a backup for Sam

Don't see Gwoz going the gritz route
          Well, you are the one who cracked wise when I reminisced about the fried corn meal mush at Writer's Manor!
          2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Pablo View Post
            Gwoz to UAH--I just don't see it happening. Ever.
            I see it as that Gwoz' stock has plummeted. He is not an easy dude to work with in any way shape or form. Some people seemed to think that there would have been a mass exodus upon his dismissal, yet all the other coaches are still there and none of the 3 players plus 1 recruit who left can in any way be attributed to Gwoz being gone. To be honest, Gwoz fielded a bizarre roster last season and the program is left with the reality that the roster will feature 2 seniors with a very distinct possibility of either having another short bench or practically half the team being freshmen. Look, Gwoz stated when he got here that he would like to have a program that competed on the national stage yearly (pretty much did that) and having as close to balanced classes as he could get, so there would not be rebuilding every 3 or 4 years. The program is just as unbalanced as when he arrived, which is a failure on his behalf. While thinking about it all recently, I personally have accepted that a change was needed and I hope that Monty is the right guy...I look forward to meeting him and hope DU is on the right track.

Comment

[QUOTE=Old Pio;5741960]
              Originally posted by vizoroo View Post

Well, you are the one who cracked wise when I reminisced about the fried corn meal mush at Writer's Manor!
              Ha....Writer's Manor, the old DU spot...that place went to hell a while back, got abandoned, turned into a crackhead squatters delight and got demolished....probably all due to the fried corn meal mush

Comment

[QUOTE=Chris;5741966]
                Originally posted by Old Pio View Post

Ha....Writer's Manor, the old DU spot...that place went to hell a while back, got abandoned, turned into a crackhead squatters delight and got demolished....probably all due to the fried corn meal mush
                I always missed the good stuff. BTW, I notice neither you nor Viz has a Food Network show.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                  I see it as that Gwoz' stock has plummeted. He is not an easy dude to work with in any way shape or form. Some people seemed to think that there would have been a mass exodus upon his dismissal, yet all the other coaches are still there and none of the 3 players plus 1 recruit who left can in any way be attributed to Gwoz being gone. To be honest, Gwoz fielded a bizarre roster last season and the program is left with the reality that the roster will feature 2 seniors with a very distinct possibility of either having another short bench or practically half the team being freshmen. Look, Gwoz stated when he got here that he would like to have a program that competed on the national stage yearly (pretty much did that) and having as close to balanced classes as he could get, so there would not be rebuilding every 3 or 4 years. The program is just as unbalanced as when he arrived, which is a failure on his behalf. While thinking about it all recently, I personally have accepted that a change was needed and I hope that Monty is the right guy...I look forward to meeting him and hope DU is on the right track.
                  From your lips to God's ears.

Comment

[QUOTE=Chris;5741966]
                    Originally posted by Old Pio View Post

I loved Writer's Manor. We used to hang at the pool and ordered drinks from their poolside waitresses. As long as we spent a little money and behaved ourselves, management never gave us a hassle. Former DU great Ed Hays hung there often.

Comment

Chris, let me clarify--Old Pio is the fried cornmeal mush gourmet, not I.
                      That delicacy has never passed through these lips.
                      GO DU !!!

Comment

Chris, let me clarify--Old Pio is the fried cornmeal mush gourmet, not I.
                        That delicacy has never passed through these lips.
                        Great snow day breakfast. With real maple syrup and link sausage.

Comment

Mike Chambers reports on DU alum Eric Law--now with the Denver Outlaws.
                          GO DU !!!

Comment

Mike Chambers reports on DU alum Eric Law--now with the Denver Outlaws.
                            And tearing it up. Last I saw he had 9 goals on 9 Sog. I believe he also won rookie of the week a week ago.

r
                            Last edited by cetihcra; 06-23-2013, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Graduation, lunch with the folks, first professional game, 4 goals. Not a bad day all around.

Comment

Working...
                              X