X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver XXXVI

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
    Does anyone have any insight into our new players?
    I have seen Even Cowley play in person twice last year. This is what I noticed about him when I saw him: he was quick to drop for saves, but slow to get up. Weak on his stick side but has a decent lateral movement to compensate. During one scramble in front of his net I remember him to be still very collected. He once faced a fast breakaway and skated out with a quick retreat, resulting in no goal. He is tall but doesn't seem to be. He'll need this year to improve, but on the whole, I am happy with him.

That and Wichita Falls cops suck.

Comment

Speaking of "new guys", The Hockey Guys posted

Top 10 Recruiting Class

We didn't make the top 10, but still listed as "under consideration."
      NCHC members UND, UMD, WMU and cc are included in the 10.

Denver (20-14-5)
      Final Ranking: 14
      Incoming Class: Will Butcher (D), Trevor Moore (F), Evan Cowley (G), Evan Janssen (F), Matt VanVorrhis (D), Emil Romig (F), Nick Neville (D), Brad Hawkinson (F), Wade Bennett (D), Greg Ogard (G)
      While new head coach Jim Montgomery has only been on the job for three months, he still had a lot of say in this good incoming class. Montgomery was able to gain a commitment from elite goaltender Evan Cowley and Evan Janssen whom he coached last season. Will Butcher had a disappointing draft year, but still provides a good all-around game for the Pioneers. For many programs a coaching change would signal a rebuild with recruiting classes, but with Coach Montgomery at the helm one will struggle to see a rebuild in Denver. ( Matt Marcinew isn't shown, but he did average slightly over 1 point per game in the AJHL.)

COHockey may we assume you were just "rapidly" passing through Wichita Falls?
      Last edited by vizoroo; 09-13-2013, 03:31 PM.
      GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
        COHockey may we assume you were just "rapidly" passing through Wichita Falls?
        In 1994 I got passed by a motorcycle driving my Geo Metro and the Wichita Falls cop said I was going 94 on the highway. A Geo Metro going 94, riiiiiight.

Last winter I was in Plano for work. No hockey in Dallas nor Frisco so I went up to Wichita Falls for the weekend. Got pulled over twice (since my rental car had Vermont license plates), once after I left a bar which had a kitchen still open at 11pm (no drinking, did a to-go order) and instead of going right out of the parking lot, I went left, realized my mistake, did the 180 with the use of a nearby gas station but the cop across the street decided I was drunk. Even after blowing a 0.00 I still had to sit there with the cop for another 30 minutes. Cold cheese on the mexican food sucked. Twenty-four hours later I was driving back to Dallas after the hockey game and the cop decided that me driving slow through intersections (I was trying to read the road signs) was suspicious. Three stops, no tickets on each, I figure they think the out of state plates makes easy pickings.

Comment

Texas was a hockey lovers dream in the 90's, and I'm talking even before Minnesota relocated. I lived there. The WPHL, the Freeze, Fire, Waco Wizards, and the Tornado. We had alot of fun. I remember Murray Hogg skating at the Tandy Center! Great memories. What's that got to do with DU? Nothing. But, I did drive up 287 from DFW, following the railroad tracks through Dumass and Hartley, to get to Colorado. Made that drive severeal times before moving here. I'm still a huge Brahmas fan, and will always be a Stars fan.
          I want to be a fan of the best team in college hockey - so that explains why I am a DENVER fan!

Comment

September 14, 2013

22 days

till DU's next game

GO DU !!!

Comment

Interview with Patrick Wiercioch 2013 Highlights
              • Made the NHL
              • Got Married
              • Signed a 3 year contract for $2 mil per*
              • Turned 23 on Thursday

*$1.1 this year then $2.2 third year $2.7 (mil)
              GO DU !!!

Comment

Gabe Gauthier, former DU standout and L.A. Kings forward, new head coach at Metro State.
                buzztap.com/-YG7xok

Comment

Mike Chambers on Gabe and Keith Magnuson.
                  http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2013...o-state/14602/
                  GO DU !!!

Comment

September 15, 2013

21 days

till DU's next game

Joey LaLeggia
                    Junior Defence
                    GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by BigBossMan View Post
                      Gabe Gauthier, former DU standout and L.A. Kings forward, new head coach at Metro State.
                      buzztap.com/-YG7xok
                      So if it were ever to happen, which school do you think has a better chance of going to D1 - CSU or MSCD? That would be flippin wild to have CC, AFA, DU plus a 4th D1 hockey program in Colorado. Send Metro State to the WCHA
                      I want to be a fan of the best team in college hockey - so that explains why I am a DENVER fan!

Comment

Joe Colborne story on his chances of making Leafs.

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2013/...-earn-nhl-job/

Beau Bennett playing with Malkin and Neal in Pittsburgh and getting rave reviews

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.ht...id=DL|PIT|home
                        Last edited by du78; 09-16-2013, 09:17 AM.
                        DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Please take AFA back while you're at it.

Originally posted by 32 Degrees! View Post
                          So if it were ever to happen, which school do you think has a better chance of going to D1 - CSU or MSCD? That would be flippin wild to have CC, AFA, DU plus a 4th D1 hockey program in Colorado. Send Metro State to the WCHA
                          RIT Tigers

Comment

September 16, 2013

20 days

till DU's next game

Wade Bennett
                            Freshman/Junior Forward
                            GO DU !!!

Comment

What's the status of the renovation of the hockey complex? I ask because the picture of Coach Jim in the Alumni magazine shows him standing in a locker room which still proudly displays a donut. Vizeroo and I have offered to donate a Target throw rug to cover that stupid thing up. Is it gone or not?
                              2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                                What's the status of the renovation of the hockey complex? I ask because the picture of Coach Jim in the Alumni magazine shows him standing in a locker room which still proudly displays a donut. Vizeroo and I have offered to donate a Target throw rug to cover that stupid thing up. Is it gone or not?
                                As far as I know, renovation has not taken place. When I hear something I will let you know.
                                DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Working...
                                X