This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver XXXVI

So, has DU ever advertised "open tryouts" before? Shout out to Gage Ausmus..... there's hope for you yet! Bring you pads and come on out, Bro!
    I want to be a fan of the best team in college hockey - so that explains why I am a DENVER fan!

Comment

Originally posted by 32 Degrees! View Post
      So, has DU ever advertised "open tryouts" before? Shout out to Gage Ausmus..... there's hope for you yet! Bring you pads and come on out, Bro!
      I've got some eligibility left. And I'd be proud to wear 32, 34 or 38. 'Course it'd be hard to hold on to the stick and my walker at the same time.
      Last edited by Old Pio; 09-04-2013, 11:31 PM.
      2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

September 5, 2013

31 days

till DU's next game

Evan Cowley
        Freshman Goalie
        GO DU !!!

Comment

September 6, 2013

30 days

till DU's next game

Greg Ogard
          Freshman Goalie
          GO DU !!!

Comment

September 7, 2013

29 days

till DU's next game

Brad Hawkinson
            Freshman Forward
            GO DU !!!

Comment

September 8, 2013
              Classes start tomorrow

28 days

till DU's next game

GO DU !!!

Comment

Vizaroo - I have a challenge for you. Find out the following please: 1) Is Denver or Colorado Springs going to host an Olympic warm-up game again, for the Team USA Women's "Bring On The World" tour? 2) Any truth to the rumor that NCHC Referees are going to be mic'd up, a-la NHL/NFL style, so everyone in the arena and on TV can hear them say, "21 Denver, 2 minutes for tripping"?? Okay.... go!
                I want to be a fan of the best team in college hockey - so that explains why I am a DENVER fan!

Comment

September 9, 2013

27 days

till DU's next game

Quentin Shore
                  Sophomore Forward
                  GO DU !!!

Comment

Josiah Didier ‏@JDidier4 22h
                    Great having @BeauBennett78 come back and skate with the boys last week #stilleligible?

He would be senior this year, and if you can get paid for signing autographs...why not?
                    GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by 32 Degrees! View Post
                      Vizaroo - I have a challenge for you. Find out the following please: 1) Is Denver or Colorado Springs going to host an Olympic warm-up game again, for the Team USA Women's "Bring On The World" tour? 2) Any truth to the rumor that NCHC Referees are going to be mic'd up, a-la NHL/NFL style, so everyone in the arena and on TV can hear them say, "21 Denver, 2 minutes for tripping"?? Okay.... go!
                      Can't turn down a challenge, but question #1 was almost too easy.

According to USA Hockey, Bring on the World Tour for the U.S. Women's National Team will include the 2013 Four Nations Cup and three games against Canada.

The Four Nations Cup is an annual tournament that has been held in varying forms since 1996. The U.S competes against Canada, Sweden and Finland in this year's tournament, held Nov. 5-9 in Lake Placid, N.Y. at the Olympic Center. The United States will open the tournament against Sweden on Nov. 5 before competing against Canada on Nov. 6 and Finland on Nov. 8. The championship and third place games will be held on Nov. 9.

The three games vs. Canada will be Oct. 12 in Burlington, Vt., Dec. 20 in Grand Forks, N.D. and
                      Dec. 28 in St. Paul, Minn. Tickets are currently on sale for the games in Burlington and Grand Forks.

added much later

2. Think the mic rumor is just that. Dave Starman, CBSSports/NCAA Hockey. Had no knowledge of it and didn't see a need for it. Since CBSSports is the official broadcaster, it would seem they would be involved if the refs were to be "mic-ed". (We wouldn't get to hear the good stuff anyway.)
                      Last edited by vizoroo; 09-10-2013, 12:39 PM.
                      GO DU !!!

Comment

September 10, 2013

26 days

till DU's next game

Evan Janssen
                        Freshman Forward
                        GO DU !!!

Comment

OK, now I'm getting excited!!! We have so many new players, it's hard to keep track. Who are some of the Freshman to keep an eye on? Any mar or blue chippers and NHL bound guys?
                          "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                          Tom Serratore

Comment

Nick Shore makes his debut in the SoCal Hockey Futures Series.--Kings Rookies vs Duck Rookies
                            Raw quotes from coach Mark Morris following the Kings 3-2 win over Anaheim in Game 2 of their Rookie Series…

On Nick Shore:
                            “Nick’s game has really grown on me. I’ve come to appreciate how intelligent he is and he’s very reliable. I think that I first realized it when I saw him killing the 5-on-3 when we were in Anaheim. I think sometimes when you’re able to give that type of ice time to those guys, their confidence really starts to blossom. I think that was exactly the case with him because the more ice time I gave him the better he got. To even get in the shootout and go out and bury it and put the game away- or the shootout away I should say- reassured me that he’s going to be a great player.” (mayorsmanor.com)
                            Nick scored in both shootouts and also had the game winning goal in Monday's game. You can find that game on LA Kings or YouTube

Interview with Nick after last night's game. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZlRM2My75s

Rank the Kings Prospects

4. Nick Shore (C) – There’s two fast risers in the top 10 and Shore is one of them. The most often mentioned comment heard when talking to people within the Kings organization about him is, ‘He’s ahead of where we thought he was coming out of school.’ As chronicled on MayorsManor earlier this summer, Lombardi targeted Shore as one of the key collegiate prospects he was going to try and sign. Not only did he get him under contract, he was willing to let the 6-foot-1 center burn the first year off his Entry Level Contract by adding him to LA’s NHL roster for a few weeks towards the end of the season. Sure, he never played a game – nor was he close to playing – but that was a rather uncharacteristic move by the normally slow and methodical GM of the Kings. And it speaks volumes to how badly they wanted him to turn pro and take over the management of his development.
                            There aren’t many holes in Shore’s game, which make him a very appealing prospect. He can both set up plays and finish them as well. He’s strong in all three zones and is a smooth skater. In Dev Camp this summer, the most notable improvement to his game was his shot. The release was as fast as any of the other Manchester players who attended camp, and it generated lots of velocity. His speed carrying the puck was also as good as the other Monarchs players in camp. Shore compliments his vast skill set by playing a cerebral game. If things go according to plan, he’ll start the year in Manchester as the number two center behind Lindey Vey. At this point, he projects more to a third line center in the NHL and could be the eventual replacement for Jarret Stoll.
                            http://mayorsmanor.com/2013/09/top-1...gs-numbers-1-5
                            Last edited by vizoroo; 09-10-2013, 02:35 PM.
                            GO DU !!!

Comment

Chevy just signed with the Colorado Eagles, congrats to him!

http://coloradoeagles.com/eagles-new...neer-cheverie/
                              DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
                                Chevy just signed with the Colorado Eagles, congrats to him!

http://coloradoeagles.com/eagles-new...neer-cheverie/
                                Ryder, K. Ostrow, Phillips and Chevy--looks like DU North.
                                GO DU !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X