• Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver XXXVI

Shootout in the NCHC

http://www.denverpioneers.com/ViewAr...CLID=209153767

Comment

Originally posted by 32 Degrees! View Post
      You mean no Pig this year? Man, I was looking forward to that.
      Heisenberg's reporting Pigozzi has committed to UMASS........Over The Boards ‏@OTBPuckWatch 3h
      Per @CHeisenberg, Chicago Steel 94 F Ray Pigozzi has committed to UMass.
      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBossMan View Post
        Shootout in the NCHC
        Lame lame lame. Hockey is a team sport. A tie is a tie. If two teams play up to (or down to) each other to tie, I'm happy. Some of the best games I have seen were 1-1 ties.

Like when they instituted the shootout in the NHL, I will never, ever, stay to watch. It will go down as a tie in my book. I'll be glad to get to my car first. Last NHL season I watched my first shootout on TV only because my two year old son did not want me to change the channel. That is the only hockey shootout I have watched.

Lame.

Comment

Know that in the past DU and Gwoz never liked the shoot out for the reasons CoHockey mentioned.
          Guessing Pigozzi made the change after being deferred for a year and a new coach in Denver.
          The times they are changing.
          GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
            Know that in the past DU and Gwoz never liked the shoot out for the reasons CoHockey mentioned.
            Guessing Pigozzi made the change after being deferred for a year and a new coach in Denver.
            The times they are changing.
            A knowledgeable poster on another forum I follow said: Pigozzi is one of a couple committed players that Monty "decommitted" when he took the job.

Comment

Bad Boyz

Couldn't find titled thread, so... UNO players , not in blackface ala cc-- but they made the news.
              http://www.omaha.com/article/2013081...ct-allegations
              GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by herbst20 View Post
                A knowledgeable poster on another forum I follow said: Pigozzi is one of a couple committed players that Monty "decommitted" when he took the job.
                thanks for the info. Guess we will find out more as time goes by.

(sorry about the cliche song titles )
                GO DU !!!

Comment

I think the shootouts will be good for the league., and us fans will love it. One thing I do suggest, is that they specify NO video review allowed during shootouts. Too much bs can come from it. Put the accountability on the ref, no matter what happens, evnen when the tv broadcast disagrees with the call. What ref says goes, period. Only for shootouts though.
                  I want to be a fan of the best team in college hockey - so that explains why I am a DENVER fan!

Comment

Originally posted by 32 Degrees! View Post
                    I think the shootouts will be good for the league., and us fans will love it.
                    Fans may think they will love it, but the way the standings/points are structured, we are in for a decline in late game or overtime heroics. Games with an even score late in the game will see the teams playing cautiously since there is more to gain by reaching the shootout, i.e. a guaranteed point and a 50-50 chance for a second.
                    If the league really has to have shootouts, then teams that win non-shootout games should earn three standings points. Then there would be something to gain by attacking hard late in a tie game. And all games would be weighted the same in the standings: 3 total points for every scheduled game.

Comment

Former DU Captain Adrian Veideman is engaged to DU alum Heather Hartman, Bronco cheerleader and special ed teacher.
                      GO DU !!!

Comment

August 17, 2013

There are
                        50 days until
                        DU's next game

October 6 exhibition game
                        GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                          Former DU Captain Adrian Veideman is engaged to DU alum Heather Hartman, Bronco cheerleader and special ed teacher.
                          Thanks for the creepy stalker info, you should meet a friend of mine.
                          Originally posted by vizoroo
                          Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
                          Originally posted by duper
                          I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
                          Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
                          Originally posted by dggoddard
                          Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

Just curious if any east coast DU fans are intending to go to Troy in December to watch DU play RPI. I was thinking about it until the USCHO-RPI posters picked another weekend to meet, and I don't want to miss two weekends of classes. It sounded attractive since RPI is also playing the U18 on the Sunday after the two games vs. DU.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              Just curious if any east coast DU fans are intending to go to Troy in December to watch DU play RPI. I was thinking about it until the USCHO-RPI posters picked another weekend to meet, and I don't want to miss two weekends of classes. It sounded attractive since RPI is also playing the U18 on the Sunday after the two games vs. DU.
                              I will definitely go up for both games. Ed from NJ also going.

Comment

The NHL takes a look at the Florida Panthers
                                Shore could be the long-term No. 3 center but might make sense on the wing until some of the other young players arrive
                                (Don't think I've ever seen Drew play on the wing.)
                                Last edited by vizoroo; 08-18-2013, 06:30 PM.
                                GO DU !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X