PDA

View Full Version : UML Recruiting Thread, 2014 and beyond

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

UMLFan
12-12-2013, 12:54 PM
From what I've been told Smith could be accelerated to 2014 if Hellebuyck leaves early. He will have finished all his schooling by this spring and will be ready if necessary.
Thanks Jeff. That works out perfectly then.

viewfrom123.com
12-16-2013, 11:14 AM
John Edwardh (4g, 3a in four games) and CJ Smith (3g, 3a in three games) had great weeks last week.
Future River Hawks Recap (12/9-12/15) (http://viewfrom123.com/2013/12/future-river-hawks-recap-129-1215-smith/)

viewfrom123.com
12-17-2013, 12:42 PM
Tyler Sifferlen named to preseason ESPN Boston MIAA All-State first-team (http://bit.ly/1bXSoEL)

CollegeHockeyRinkReport
12-17-2013, 01:22 PM
Tyler Sifferlen named to preseason ESPN Boston MIAA All-State first-team (http://bit.ly/1bXSoEL)

Mass High school hockey is way down from what it used to be. I covered CM's dismantling of Natick last night for ESPN Boston. Sifferlen will probably be pushed back to 2015. He'll need a year of juniors. I'll get my first look at Sifferlen this year on Wednesday night when MC takes on RI hockey power Mount Saint Charles.

herbst20
12-17-2013, 01:31 PM
I would agree that Sifferlen needs a year of Juniors. He was in Cedar Rapids camp last year and was noticeably a step slower that the pace of play. He does have a nice set of core skills though.

UMLFan
12-17-2013, 02:18 PM
I would have been shocked had he come directly from CM to Lowell, so a year in juniors doesn't surprise me.

CollegeHockeyRinkReport
12-17-2013, 02:23 PM
I would have been shocked had he come directly from CM to Lowell, so a year in juniors doesn't surprise me.

He's at MC, but close enough. Haha.

UMLFan
12-17-2013, 03:31 PM
He's at MC, but close enough. Haha.****, I knew that. Stupid dyslexia.

CollegeHockeyRinkReport
12-19-2013, 12:37 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/high-school/post/_/id/28938/recap-no-2-mc-8-mount-st-charles-r-i-2

My recap of Malden Catholic's 8-2 win over Rhode Island power house Mount Saint Charles. Tyler Sifferlen with a hat trick and he confirmed to me after the game that he will be playing a year of juniors before heading to UMass-Lowell in the fall of 2015.

UMLFan
12-19-2013, 10:28 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/high-school/post/_/id/28938/recap-no-2-mc-8-mount-st-charles-r-i-2

My recap of Malden Catholic's 8-2 win over Rhode Island power house Mount Saint Charles. Tyler Sifferlen with a hat trick and he confirmed to me after the game that he will be playing a year of juniors before heading to UMass-Lowell in the fall of 2015.

Thanks Jeff. What do you think of Sifferlen's game?

CollegeHockeyRinkReport
12-19-2013, 11:35 AM
Thanks Jeff. What do you think of Sifferlen's game?

He's got good hands, not blazing speed, but not slow. Good vision and awareness of the game. Really nice kid, well-spoken, comfortable in his surroundings, used to winning. I'd take UNH recruit Nazarian over him, but I think Sifferlen can help UML when he gets there in '15. I think he projects as a second or third liner that can help with offensive production.

Patman
12-19-2013, 11:35 AM
He's got good hands, not blazing speed, but not slow. Good vision and awareness of the game. Really nice kid, well-spoken, comfortable in his surroundings, used to winning. I'd take UNH recruit Nazarian over him, but I think Sifferlen can help UML when he gets there in '15. I think he projects as a second or third liner that can help with offensive production.

sounds good to me.

boblav1
12-21-2013, 11:11 AM
Guillaume Leclerc was back in the line up for Austin last night. He was held scoreless with 4 shots and a +1 for the game. Austin plays again tonight.

UMLFan
12-21-2013, 09:22 PM
Thanks Jeff. I do know Nazarian is regarded as a higher end recruit.

CollegeHockeyRinkReport
12-22-2013, 02:37 PM
I honestly believe sophomore Matt Filipe will be the best of the bunch. He's physical and has the tools to be special. He's uncommitted, dad played at Northeastern.

CollegeHockeyRinkReport
12-22-2013, 11:15 PM
www.masshshockey.com

The video on front page is of MC-Mount St. Charles game…two of Sifferlen's goals happen right at beginning of second period (around 17 min mark of video I believe) if you don't want to watch whole game.

UMLFan
12-23-2013, 09:17 AM
www.masshshockey.com

The video on front page is of MC-Mount St. Charles game…two of Sifferlen's goals happen right at beginning of second period (around 17 min mark of video I believe) if you don't want to watch whole game.
Thanks for this.

I honestly believe sophomore Matt Filipe will be the best of the bunch. He's physical and has the tools to be special. He's uncommitted, dad played at Northeastern.
I've heard good things about him. Of course, I'm sure Lowell's nowhere in the picture.

boblav1
12-23-2013, 12:37 PM
Thanks for this.

I've heard good things about him. Of course, I'm sure Lowell's nowhere in the picture.
I wonder where Landon Smith will end up? Smith, a '93, leads the BCHL in scoring. I believe he was originally committed to Denver but decomitted with the coaching change.

http://www.bchl.ca/leagues/rosters_profile.cfm?clientID=1413&teamID=378213&leagueID=2393&playerID=1069490

CollegeHockeyRinkReport
12-23-2013, 12:40 PM

This is not meant as a disrespect towards UMass-Lowell, but schools such as Lowell and Merrimack have to recruit the "hidden gems" and hunt for the recruits because sure both schools will get the occasional Joe Cannata or Ron Hainsey, but if you look back in history most of the two school's top players are from no where near Boston.

What I think is most impressive about Lowell's recent run under Bazin is it has been done with minimal blue-chippers (not to say Hellebuyck, Wilson, Wetmore, Vallarani, etc aren't terrific college players). It's not a Da Costa, Cannata show like at Merrimack. It bodes well for the future of the UML program. I believe Bazin and staff are doing this, but the River Hawks will be more successful recruiting in Canada, out west, non-hockey hotbeds like Atlanta (Kamrass), etc. than trying to pull in the top fish from area. I think Bazin knows this and has done well at finding his niche.

UMLFan
12-23-2013, 01:50 PM
This is not meant as a disrespect towards UMass-Lowell, but schools such as Lowell and Merrimack have to recruit the "hidden gems" and hunt for the recruits because sure both schools will get the occasional Joe Cannata or Ron Hainsey, but if you look back in history most of the two school's top players are from no where near Boston.

What I think is most impressive about Lowell's recent run under Bazin is it has been done with minimal blue-chippers (not to say Hellebuyck, Wilson, Wetmore, Vallarani, etc aren't terrific college players). It's not a Da Costa, Cannata show like at Merrimack. It bodes well for the future of the UML program. I believe Bazin and staff are doing this, but the River Hawks will be more successful recruiting in Canada, out west, non-hockey hotbeds like Atlanta (Kamrass), etc. than trying to pull in the top fish from area. I think Bazin knows this and has done well at finding his niche.
Trust me, I do understand that. But, as a fan and an alum, it would be nice to occasionally nab one of those blue-chip type players from the local area.