UML Recruiting Thread, 2014 and beyond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML Recruiting Thread, 2014 and beyond

Third goaltender for 2014-15 officially added. Olli Kรคlkรคjรค commits to UMass Lowell for 2014-15 season
    Justin Soderberg
    President and Editor-in-chief, Mill City Sports
    Co-Host, MCS Live Online Radio Show
    Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | Email

Comment

Originally posted by viewfrom123.com View Post
      Third goaltender for 2014-15 officially added. Olli Kรคlkรคjรค commits to UMass Lowell for 2014-15 season
      That's a lot of dots for a few letters. (totally not hockey related but couldn't help myself)

Comment

committed to join the River Hawks later than most junior hockey players, but UMass Lowell head coach Norm Bazin sees something in the 21-year-old
        Something I never thought I'd see in an article about UML recruiting. No really.

Hope everyone's summer has been going well.
        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

This has been the best worst kept secret of all time.

Good luck to the young man. Hearing that he's going to have a real shot at the #2 (behind Smith, most likely).
          Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
          2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
          2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
            This has been the best worst kept secret of all time.

Good luck to the young man. Hearing that he's going to have a real shot at the #2 (behind Smith, most likely).
            GOALIE FIGHT:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yv6V39EyYyk

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
              According to Heisenberg, Lowell has 12 kids committed for the 2014-15 season, 5 of which committed in the spring of '14... Heisenberg 2014 Lists

Lowell currently has 6 committed to 2015-16, all of which committed in 2012 & 2013... Heisenberg 2015 Lists

That's 18 commits over the next two incoming classes, and will probably add a few more for 2015. How many more will make you feel comfortable? 30? 40?
              Recruiting for this season isn't the issue. It's over, the roster is full.

Lowell has seven recruits for 2015 beyond, which is the fewest in Hockey East.

NU - 17
              NH - 16
              VT - 14
              BC - 13
              PC - 13
              CT - 12
              ND - 12
              BU - 11
              MC - 11
              ME - 9
              MA - 8
              Lowell - 7

It's not how many recruits do I want to see, it's getting to some players early. Lowell only has one player committed beyond 2015, which is also the fewest in Hockey East.
              Lowell Forever
              Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                Recruiting for this season isn't the issue. It's over, the roster is full.

Lowell has seven recruits for 2015 beyond, which is the fewest in Hockey East.
                <>
                Lowell only has one player committed beyond 2015, which is also the fewest in Hockey East.
                That is the maddening thing. Why? Especially after the last few years. I would not expect Lowell to be in the top third, probably at the top part of the bottom third (make sense?)
                Anyway, that is why I put out the the criteria of what potential recruits would be looking at to make a decision. While Lowell does not top out any of those categories, they're not too bad either. It has me baffled?
                University of Lowell, 1987

Comment

Lowell better fire the coach and hire a guy that will recruit according to the fan's wishes.

BC has 3 commits coming in this year. Count 'em... THREE!!! Should I be worried???
                  'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Lowell better fire the coach and hire a guy that will recruit according to the fan's wishes.

BC has 3 commits coming in this year. Count 'em... THREE!!! Should I be worried???
                    My fault. Should have remembered not to express an opinion with this many idiots around. Won't happen again.
                    Lowell Forever
                    Forever Lowell

Comment

18 scholarships available.
                      18 players coming in this season and next, PLUS the current returning roster.
                      Not a lot of room available over the next 3 seasons.

To answer your question... no, I don't think you should be worried, unless your loading up with D-3 types. Hasn't Lowell historically had that one HUGE class coming in (which looks like next year)?
                      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

18 scholarships available.
                        18 players coming in this season and next, PLUS the current returning roster.
                        Not a lot of room available over the next 3 seasons.

To answer your question... no, I don't think you should be worried, unless your loading up with D-3 types. Hasn't Lowell historically had that one HUGE class coming in (which looks like next year)?
                        Actually Bazin had done a great job of evening out the classes. This puts them right back in the hole, but a) a couple of the kids are transfers, so they won't be here 4 years and b) I'd virtually guarantee that a few of the 14/15 freshmen won't be here the following year either.
                        Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                          Something I never thought I'd see in an article about UML recruiting. No really.
                          UVM will be adding a 21 year old freshman in their 2015 incoming class.
                          Monty

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                            My fault. Should have remembered not to express an opinion with this many idiots around. Won't happen again.
                            Why not. We need a resident worrier. Saves the rest of us idiots from wasting all that energy

Comment

College Hockey Source put together a list of their top uncommitted USHL players.

http://collegehockeysource.com/2014/...itted-players/

Comment

According to Mark Divver, Peter MacIntyre will not be transferring to Lowell.

@MarkDivver ยท 3h
                                Peter MacIntyre, 2nd-team All-American in '13-14 at UMass-Boston, changed his mind about transferring to UMass-Lowell. He'll stay at UMB.

Comment

Working...
                                X