• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UML Recruiting Thread, 2014 and beyond

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
    Article for from the Viewfrom123 site.
    http://viewfrom123.com/2013/07/guill...-umass-lowell/
    60 points in 17 games? Nevermind the next Yorrick, is he the next Stephen De Costa?

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
      According to Mike:

Which probably makes sense. Keep the kid close, at least for a year if he is a 15-16 to get acclimated and get used to being around the coaches/team.
      He'll be a 17-18 next year. I am aware of Austin Prep in Mass... went by the translator... whatever.

Wonder if he got any advice from College Hockey Inc. I'd have to imagine that whomever may be advising him would try to get him in the EJHL.

As for Yorick vs. Stephane... I'll take either one but prefer the latter.

edit: and yes, he basically tore it up... top everything for the U18 league, top goals for the U22, came in 2nd on points (19-16--35, IIRC... the leader was like 16-30--46). He's already on the U20 National team.

edit #2: if part of our plan is to take risks on internationals, I'll take it. So long as we get their credentials in order and get good at doing just that... no reason not to keep those channels open.
      Last edited by Patman; 07-26-2013, 04:25 PM.
      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
      Skating Friar Jersey
      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

here's Da Costa's history.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=14394

Now, I don't know what explains the lack of playing with Aimens for Da Costa... was he playing somewhere else simultaneously that wouldn't report here?... and then that silly line at the U18s.... not an easy eyeball comparison to make. I would be cautiously optimistic with this one. Clearly this kid makes Da Costa's numbers look small... up until you get to the international comparison. Of course, Stephane doesn't have a U20 stat line for the same age this kid does.

edit: I really wish we knew more about DaCosta... turns out LeClerc also destroyed the competition as a 15/16 year old in France's U18 league. Stephane doesn't appear to be anywhere near 3PPG in that level of competition.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=163406
        Last edited by Patman; 07-26-2013, 04:43 PM.
        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
        Skating Friar Jersey
        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

One thing to remember, DaCosta started at Merrimack at 20 years old. If what we're seeing is true, LeClerc will be 18 starting up.
          Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
          2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
          2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Scammon is coming in 2014-15, as well as Casey Shea. Dylan Shapiro is no longer committed to UMass Lowell.
            Justin Soderberg
            President and Editor-in-chief, Mill City Sports
            Co-Host, MCS Live Online Radio Show
            Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | Email

Comment

Originally posted by viewfrom123.com View Post
              Scammon is coming in 2014-15, as well as Casey Shea. Dylan Shapiro is no longer committed to UMass Lowell.
              I didn't think Shea was committed to Lowell anymore? At least that's what I had heard.

And considering Shapiro's numbers in the EJHL, not overly surprised unfortunately.
              Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
              2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Justin, Not sure about Casey Shea going to UML.
                https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

I talked with him personally. He said prob. 2014-15.
                  Justin Soderberg

Comment

I talked with him personally. He said prob. 2014-15.
                    Yes, but he's not the coaching staff and he hasn't signed an NLI...Keep an eye out for it is I'll I'm saying.

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
                      Yes, but he's not the coaching staff and he hasn't signed an NLI...Keep an eye out for it is I'll I'm saying.
                      Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me anyway.
                      Justin Soderberg

Comment

I could be totally wrong, but I have been told by two sources that Shea isn't heading to Lowell anymore.

Comment

Another recruit according to Mike McMahon's twitter.

Mike McMahon ‏@MikeMcMahonCHN - '95 John Edwardh has committed to UMass Lowell for (likely) 2014. 5-11 F scored 37pts in 54games with Okotoks (AJHL) last season
                          Edwardh really soared in the AJHL playoffs, scoring 19 points (including 13 goals) in 16 playoff games this past spring with Okotoks.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                            Another recruit according to Mike McMahon's twitter.
                            Awesome.

Good article about him, with some scouting info as well.
                            Red Line Report Scouting Overview: Shown to be a big game player, elevating his game down the stretch and into the playoffs which speaks volumes for his potential down the road. Currently a standout on the power play, combining a hesitation free release with a scorers touch in tight. Great at navigating the offensive zone, playing with his head on a swive. His hockey IQ allows him to view plays developing and opposing teams tend to overlook his location in scoring areas. Quick puck handling permits him to get past coverage to extend a play around the net. You cannot teach this kid's offensive instincts, has the potential to be a regular scorer moving forward. Must continue to add leg strength as he has trouble playing through contact in open ice and defensive zone effort needs some work as he loses assignments suggesting further conditioning is needed.
                            Monty

Comment

View from 123 does a good job listing out the 5 UML future players that have been put on the protected lists by USHL teams.
                              Monty

Comment

Interesting to note that there are four high caliber players within just a few miles from Lowell ... and all will be heading elsewhere. One of these days, would be nice to get one of these high end local kids.
                                Monty

Comment

Working...
                                X