UML Recruiting Thread, 2014 and beyond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML Recruiting Thread, 2014 and beyond

On a different note, Jake Kamrass had an assist as Topeka won their NAHL playoff series 3-2 with a 6-2 win over Amarillo in the best of 5 series. Interesting note, the road team won all five games.

Guillaume LeClerc's Bruins also won their series in 5. LeClerc still hasn't returned to the team due to family issues.

Those two teams will be playing each other in the Robertson Cup semis.
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
      it's absurd, where do you draw the line, 26 year old FR? 28?
      Grow up and get over it.
      Lowell Forever
      Forever Lowell

Comment

Son of former River Hawk should hear name called early in USHL Draft. Should be a target of UML staff.

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/juni...ockey-recruits
        https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
        Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
          Son of former River Hawk should hear name called early in USHL Draft. Should be a target of UML staff.

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/juni...ockey-recruits
          Considering his brother went to Merrimack ... I'm not sure how good our chances are.
          Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

His brother isn't as regarded of a prospect, but we'll see.

Comment

His brother isn't as regarded of a prospect, but we'll see.
              You may very well be right. I know at one point a couple of years ago, Tyler had mentioned that he was interested in Lowell. I'm not sure if Lowell ever reciprocated. If this younger brother is more highly thought of, then we'll see if Lowell gets involved. Sadly, he could be too highly thought of which might take Lowell out of the picture anyway.
              Monty

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                You may very well be right. I know at one point a couple of years ago, Tyler had mentioned that he was interested in Lowell. I'm not sure if Lowell ever reciprocated. If this younger brother is more highly thought of, then we'll see if Lowell gets involved. Sadly, he could be too highly thought of which might take Lowell out of the picture anyway.
                I believe I read on twitter that Mike McMahon confirmed that Logan Drevitch has taken visits to both Merrimack and Quinnipiac.
                QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

From CHN: Recruiting Mutiny at Coach's Convention.

The so-called "Gentleman's Agreement" — an agreement between coaches to not recruit each other's players once those players have verbally committed — will no longer be adhered to, according to a discussion at this year's American Hockey Coaches Association Convention, taking place this week in Naples, Fla.

Comment

• Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                    I can't help but think this will hurt programs like Lowell. Kids like Lohin or Dmowski that Lowell found early, now the "big programs" can go after them. Who cares about the small college hockey programs after all?
                    Monty

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                      I can't help but think this will hurt programs like Lowell. Kids like Lohin or Dmowski that Lowell found early, now the "big programs" can go after them. Who cares about the small college hockey programs after all?
                      I'm not usually the type to feel bad for anyone. I usually feel that everyone (businesses, ppl, schools, etc) should do whatever is in best interest. But in college hockey the big schools might end up killing off small schools namely WCHA teams. It would be extremely bad for sport.

Comment

I'm not usually the type to feel bad for anyone. I usually feel that everyone (businesses, ppl, schools, etc) should do whatever is in best interest. But in college hockey the big schools might end up killing off small schools namely WCHA teams. It would be extremely bad for sport.
                        With any luck, this will backfire on the not-so-gentlemanly few who want to overturn the time-honored tradition of verbal commitments. The NCAA may be forced to formalize the terms of "verbal commitments" and require all programs to abide by them.
                        The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
                          With any luck, this will backfire on the not-so-gentlemanly few who want to overturn the time-honored tradition of verbal commitments. The NCAA may be forced to formalize the terms of "verbal commitments" and require all programs to abide by them.
                          I would assume unless spoken otherwise the agreement amongst HEA coaches remain in place.

If I'm Lowell I play the "no backsies" and let the recruit know that backing out means the end of recruitment.
                          BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                          Skating Friar Jersey
                          AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                          UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                          Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Why is all the coaches crying about this verbal agreement? Bunch of cry babies if you ask me.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLDOUG View Post
                              Why is all the coaches crying about this verbal agreement? Bunch of cry babies if you ask me.
                              Utility theory alone says you don't want to spend resources trying to keep your recruits in the nest. It also allow for more harmonious behavior amongst the coaching fraternity... Keeps other stuff out of the meetings.

---

Has WEEI directed their fans here?
                              BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                              Skating Friar Jersey
                              AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                              UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                              Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

I think they agreed to let it go because they haven't been abiding by it anyway. [cynical thoughts].

When I first started watching college hockey no one would ever think to decommit. They also wouldn't commit at ridiculously young ages either.

The general population's culture has changed and so has hockey's. The concept of commitment is not what it used to be. No one (players or teams) committed when a player was young because A) it wasn't done because B) it took away your options (both sides) because C)committed meant committed, NO OUT, you were stuck with it so make the right choice once. Now kids/teams commit and feel no moral obligation to keep their word~ it is really pointless, they commit unless something better comes along. Until there is a consequence for breaking your word the current trend won't change.

Comment

Working...
                                X