PDA

View Full Version : UML Recruiting Thread, 2014 and beyond

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

boblav1
03-24-2014, 05:47 PM
Nice catch!

Here's the youngest brother (http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=206717), a '95.

Another forward for next season?

UMLHockey224
03-24-2014, 06:06 PM
Thats what im seeing ... hopefully he wouldnt mind making a switch to d lol he seems like he can score lol

boblav1
03-24-2014, 06:32 PM
Thats what im seeing ... hopefully he wouldnt mind making a switch to d lol he seems like he can score lol

Jake has had a breakout season for Topeka. He currently has 56 points (24-32-56) in 58 games good for sixth in scoring in the NAHL. He only had 7 points (1-6-7) in 52 games in the 2012/2013 season.

http://nahl.stats.pointstreak.com/playerpage.html?playerid=7551550&seasonid=11164

C-H-C
03-25-2014, 06:25 PM
Tyler Sifferlen has been named "Mr. Hockey" by ESPN Boston:

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/high-school/post/_/id/31418/mcs-sifferlen-is-espn-boston-mr-hockey?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

boblav1
03-25-2014, 06:48 PM
Tyler Sifferlen has been named "Mr. Hockey" by ESPN Boston:

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/high-school/post/_/id/31418/mcs-sifferlen-is-espn-boston-mr-hockey?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Thanks C-H-C, nice article.

C-H-C
03-25-2014, 07:19 PM
Thanks C-H-C, nice article.

Sifferlen has a nose for the net. Here's a clip of him scoring a goal in the Super 8 semifinals:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcYgsgOvshM

UMLFan
03-26-2014, 09:08 AM
Updated:

14/15 roster as of now, with my speculations. Lowell currently has 9 commits that could come in either 2014 or 2015. Of those, 8 are forwards. I'm going to make some assumptions on who comes in 2014, and who pushes to 2015. For the purpose of this, I'm going to assume that of Edwardh, Hollman, Leclerc and Anderson (all '95s) only 2 come in 2014, so I'm just going to pick Hollman and Edwardh for now (pure speculation).

Interesting to note (for me) ... Lowell has 17 commits lined up for next year and beyond, only three of them are defensemen. I'm not sure why, but the defensive situation is scary. I'm removing Folin from next year's roster as I think there's virtually no chance he'll be back.

14/15 Roster
Defense (8):
Senior: Zach Kamrass, Jake Suter
Juniors: Greg Amlong
Sophomores: Dalton Carter, Michael Kapla, Dylan Zink
Freshmen: Chris Forney, Tyler Mueller

Forwards (19):
Seniors: Stephen Buco, Terrence Wallin, Scott Wilson
Juniors: Adam Chapie, Mike Colantone, Michael Fallon, Robert Francis (RS) Nick Gordon (RS), Ryan McGrath, A.J. White
Sophomores: Evan Campbell, Joe Gambardella, Chris Maniccia
Freshmen: Ryan Collins, John Edwardh, Dylan Hollman, Jake Kamrass, Mike Louria, CJ Smith

Goalies (3):
Seniors: Brian Robbins
Juniors: Connor Hellebuyck, Kevin Boyle (RS)

This leaves us at 30 on the roster, with the class breakdown for 2014/2015 being:
Seniors: 6
Juniors: 11
Sophomores: 6
Freshmen: 8

I really believe that a couple of the current roster players (beyond Folin) will also leave for whatever reason. I have to feel that we're still looking at a d-man or 2.

hawkeytown
03-26-2014, 09:15 AM
Updated:

14/15 roster as of now, with my speculations. Lowell currently has 9 commits that could come in either 2014 or 2015. Of those, 8 are forwards. I'm going to make some assumptions on who comes in 2014, and who pushes to 2015. For the purpose of this, I'm going to assume that of Edwardh, Hollman, Leclerc and Anderson (all '95s) only 2 come in 2014, so I'm just going to pick Hollman and Edwardh for now (pure speculation).

Interesting to note (for me) ... Lowell has 17 commits lined up for next year and beyond, only three of them are defensemen. I'm not sure why, but the defensive situation is scary. I'm removing Folin from next year's roster as I think there's virtually no chance he'll be back.

14/15 Roster
Defense (8):

Forwards (19):
Seniors: Stephen Buco, Terrence Wallin, Scott Wilson
Juniors: Adam Chapie, Mike Colantone, Michael Fallon, Robert Francis (RS) Nick Gordon (RS), Ryan McGrath, A.J. White
Freshmen: Ryan Collins, John Edwardh, Dylan Hollman, Jake Kamrass, Mike Louria, CJ Smith

Goalies (3):

This leaves us at 30 on the roster, with the class breakdown for 2014/2015 being:
Seniors: 6
Juniors: 11

I really believe that a couple of the current roster players (beyond Folin) will also leave for whatever reason. I have to feel that we're still looking at a d-man or 2.
Buco and Gordon are gone - right?

UMLFan
03-26-2014, 09:23 AM
Buco and Gordon are gone - right?
Ah **** it. Yes. I thought I found the most up-to-date list I had done. Correcting. This might mean that another of the 2014/2015 recruits could come in.

14/15 Roster
Defense (8):

Forwards (17):
Seniors: Terrence Wallin, Scott Wilson
Juniors: Adam Chapie, Mike Colantone, Michael Fallon, Robert Francis (RS), Ryan McGrath, A.J. White

Goalies (3):

This leaves us at 28 on the roster, with the class breakdown for 2014/2015 being:
Seniors: 5
Juniors: 9

hawkeytown
03-26-2014, 02:22 PM
Ah **** it. Yes. I thought I found the most up-to-date list I had done. Correcting. This might mean that another of the 2014/2015 recruits could come in.

14/15 Roster
Defense (8):

Forwards (17):
Seniors: Terrence Wallin, Scott Wilson
Juniors: Adam Chapie, Mike Colantone, Michael Fallon, Robert Francis (RS), Ryan McGrath, A.J. White

Goalies (3):

This leaves us at 28 on the roster, with the class breakdown for 2014/2015 being:
Seniors: 5
Juniors: 9

Cool! Thanks for doing that - I guess the big positive is that Bazin has evened out the classes more now, compared to Blaise.
I always find recruiting fascinating, and wanted to share something. If you remember, last year we originally had a verbal commitment for JT Stenglein. He decided to sign his NLI to Michigan State, and later Lowell signed Joe Gambardella. As you can see the link below, based purely on stats, I like the Joe Gambardella signing much more :)

http://www.msuspartans.com/sports/m-hockey/mtt/jt_stenglein_859976.html

boblav1
03-26-2014, 03:31 PM
Cool! Thanks for doing that - I guess the big positive is that Bazin has evened out the classes more now, compared to Blaise.
I always find recruiting fascinating, and wanted to share something. If you remember, last year we originally had a verbal commitment for JT Stenglein. He decided to sign his NLI to Michigan State, and later Lowell signed Joe Gambardella. As you can see the link below, based purely on stats, I like the Joe Gambardella signing much more :)

http://www.msuspartans.com/sports/m-hockey/mtt/jt_stenglein_859976.html

I also noticed that about Stenglein. Only 15 games played, I was wonder if he was hurt or a healthy scratch this season. Looking at the MSU stats they had 4 freshmen forwards that played in over 35 games.

Agree, things worked out well for Lowell with Gambardella.

hawkeytown
03-26-2014, 04:13 PM
I also noticed that about Stenglein. Only 15 games played, I was wonder if he was hurt or a healthy scratch this season. Looking at the MSU stats they had 4 freshmen forwards that played in over 35 games.

Agree, things worked out well for Lowell with Gambardella.

An injury is a great point, and may be the case. I do find it interesting that over 15 games, only 1 goal. A PP goal at that. For a player to have scored as much as he did in the USHL, and only have 1 goal? Weird.

UMLFan
04-01-2014, 10:58 AM
Good look at all the recruits for all the HE programs for the next few years (http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2014/4/1/5556224/hockey-east-recruits-by-the-numbers-best-ncaa-college-hockey-committed-prospects), along with their stats.

Patronick
04-01-2014, 11:08 AM
Good look at all the recruits for all the HE programs for the next few years (http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2014/4/1/5556224/hockey-east-recruits-by-the-numbers-best-ncaa-college-hockey-committed-prospects), along with their stats.

We could still use another D for next season. USNDPT D Brandon Fortunato decommitted from Harvard earlier this month...I'm not saying, I'm just saying.

fr0zn-4
04-01-2014, 11:28 AM
We could still use another D for next season. USNDPT D Brandon Fortunato decommitted from Harvard earlier this month...I'm not saying, I'm just saying.

What about folins brother? Niklas folin in ushl? Guessing it's his brother...

hawkeytown
04-01-2014, 12:15 PM
Those that are on twitter, check this post from Umass Amherst player (@bwahlin) Brandon Wahlin
"Congrats to my fellow teammate @ChristianFolin on signing with minny!"

Did we get another transfer? Or did these guys play someplace before?

NOTE: I cannot take credit for this find, as my buddy pointed it out during the Folin updates

Middle Street
04-01-2014, 12:21 PM
Those that are on twitter, check this post from Umass Amherst player (@bwahlin) Brandon Wahlin
"Congrats to my fellow teammate @ChristianFolin on signing with minny!"

Did we get another transfer? Or did these guys play someplace before?

NOTE: I cannot take credit for this find, as my buddy pointed it out during the Folin updates

They both played Jr Hockey for the Austin Bruins of the NAHL

hawkeytown
04-01-2014, 12:22 PM
Ahhh - thanks so much

Middle Street
04-01-2014, 12:23 PM
No problem. If he said 'former' teammate it would have been less confusing. :)

hawkeytown
04-01-2014, 12:46 PM
No problem. If he said 'former' teammate it would have been less confusing. :)

Exactly!