PDA

View Full Version : Boston College Eagles 2013-2014 season thread -Speed returns to The Heights

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52

BCeagle
12-20-2013, 05:06 PM
You know if they held it at Alumni, I might go because the stadium is symmetrical and more favorable to viewing a game. Just a thought but I realize it is no longer a neutral site. Boys, I'm staying home and watching this Fenway show on my flat screen and warm house. No charge )

With the new mayor, maybe going to a football game will be more enjoyable.

mookie1995
12-20-2013, 09:58 PM
c'mon nick. games have been played there. many. and it's not like a small rink on a big field. you will be able to see what is happening.

and going forward can you see bc getting a big name school to visit and play there too to be on saturday night prime time or something? i could. it would be easier to schedule sure for october if the sox re-hired bobby v... but who knows.

sterlippo1
12-20-2013, 10:04 PM
You know if they held it at Alumni, I might go because the stadium is symmetrical and more favorable to viewing a game. Just a thought but I realize it is no longer a neutral site. Boys, I'm staying home and watching this Fenway show on my flat screen and warm house. No charge )

With the new mayor, maybe going to a football game will be more enjoyable.

i bet that you will go;)

REDMEN2002
12-22-2013, 09:04 AM
Did anyone else purchase the Frozen Fenway tickets when re-upping on their season tickets? If so, did you get those Frozen Four tickets yet? I still haven't received my set.

BCeagle
12-22-2013, 09:45 AM
c'mon nick. games have been played there. many. and it's not like a small rink on a big field. you will be able to see what is happening.

and going forward can you see bc getting a big name school to visit and play there too to be on saturday night prime time or something? i could. it would be easier to schedule sure for october if the sox re-hired bobby v... but who knows.

I can see it for football but not hockey. Brings back memories of the Boston Patriots, Jimmy Couclough, Babe Parelli, Jim Nance, etc. I remember listening to Friday night games on the radio in the old AFL.

mookie1995
12-22-2013, 10:43 AM
I can see it for football but not hockey. Brings back memories of the Boston Patriots, Jimmy Couclough, Babe Parelli, Jim Nance, etc. I remember listening to Friday night games on the radio in the old AFL.

yes. football.

mookie was never thinking nor condoning hockey to be played at fenway.

FiveHole12
12-22-2013, 11:24 AM
Did anyone else purchase the Frozen Fenway tickets when re-upping on their season tickets? If so, did you get those Frozen Four tickets yet? I still haven't received my set.
Have not received mine yet.

BCeagle
12-22-2013, 11:41 AM

I didn't order them when I renewed my season tickets. I suspect they'll be in the mail soon for you guys who did. Wow it's cheaper flying to Europe than flying to Pittsburgh on short notice.

DoubleA
12-22-2013, 11:49 AM
Obviously playing football (or hockey) at Fenway Park is monumentally stupid. ...
You know what...you're absolutely right. There are only a very few sections imho that have a decent view for hockey the way they have the ice set up. And as much as it's a better deal to sit in my living room with the big flat screen and a good bottle of cab, I bought tix anyway, down in one of the sections with a decent view. Baseball Tavern from say 4 to 6:30...quick walk to Fenway...dressed warm and hopefully the game will be no more than 2.5 hours, and Bob's your uncle.

sigx15
12-22-2013, 06:47 PM
So BChockeyblog is reporting Hanifin is in fact accelerating. Havent heard even a peep about this anywhere else. Its widely known Eichel is accelerating and Demko was accelerating last year, find it strange he's the only one who has this info. Can anyone else confirm this? Would be very big for them if this was the case, one of the best recruits BC has ever had.

FiveHole12
12-22-2013, 08:18 PM
So BChockeyblog is reporting Hanifin is in fact accelerating.
Where is this in the BCHockeyblog? Couldn't find anything about it. Link?

sigx15
12-22-2013, 08:51 PM
Where is this in the BCHockeyblog? Couldn't find anything about it. Link?

In his recruits page he lists him as a 2014 recruit. He was reporting it on twitter when someone questioned if Hanifin was in fact accelerating. He's been the first to report stuff like this before but has also been wrong on it before. Was looking for outside confirmation on it before I believed it. Usually is something pretty well known but Kreider did it pretty late so its not unprecedented.

FiveHole12
12-23-2013, 07:17 AM
Ahh, I see it. Good catch, good question. Heisenberg still has him listed as a 2015.

FiveHole12
12-24-2013, 12:32 PM
My Frozen Four tickets arrived today from the BC ticket office.

DoubleA
12-24-2013, 01:33 PM
A little presumptuous, don't you think?:p:D

We are pretty sure you mean Frozen Fenway.

Merry Christmas to all!

The Zlax45
12-24-2013, 02:20 PM
You know what...you're absolutely right. There are only a very few sections imho that have a decent view for hockey the way they have the ice set up. And as much as it's a better deal to sit in my living room with the big flat screen and a good bottle of cab, I bought tix anyway, down in one of the sections with a decent view. Baseball Tavern from say 4 to 6:30...quick walk to Fenway...dressed warm and hopefully the game will be no more than 2.5 hours, and Bob's your uncle.

Football is better than baseball at Fenway.

sigx15
12-24-2013, 02:43 PM
New commit: '97 Dman Connor Moore, Brooks school. Know nothing about him except he was on a lot of peoples radar coming into this year.

FiveHole12
12-24-2013, 02:49 PM
A little presumptuous, don't you think?:p:D

We are pretty sure you mean Frozen Fenway.

Merry Christmas to all!
LOL... yup, brain fart... Frozen Fenway.

Merry Christmas!

REDMEN2002
12-24-2013, 08:32 PM

thanks for the heads up! i'm down in Maryland for Christmas so i wont know if they arrived until i get back Saturday. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

CollegeHockeyRinkReport
12-24-2013, 09:02 PM
http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/college-hockey-recruiting-ncaa/2013/12/24/5242918/brooks-defenseman-connor-moore-commits-to-boston-college-prep-school-hockey-jerry-york

Some info on BC's newest recruit

Updated the story with quotes from Brooks coach Dave Ries.