PDA

View Full Version : Boston College Eagles 2013-2014 season thread -Speed returns to The Heights

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52

sterlippo1
12-06-2013, 08:44 PM
That escalated quickly.

no chit. Kevin Hayes is a monster

claver2010
12-06-2013, 10:09 PM
Very weird game but nice to get back on track

Finish the first half strong tomorrow night

Great to see Doherty out there

CollegeHockeyRinkReport
12-07-2013, 12:25 AM
http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2013/12/6/5184520/ncaa-mens-hockey-hockey-east-boston-college-new-hampshire-recap-gaudreau-austin-cangelosi

Evan Sporer's recap of the 6-2 win over UNH.

TonyTheTiger20
12-07-2013, 12:26 AM
Here's mine, with GIFs:

http://www.bcinterruption.com/boston-college-hockey-2013-14-season/2013/12/6/5184198/goal-by-goal-boston-college-hockey-dominates-new-hampshire-6-2

NCAAfan500
12-07-2013, 12:47 AM
Very weird game but nice to get back on track

Finish the first half strong tomorrow night

Great to see Doherty out thereFirst half strong....LOL you lost to Holy Cross.

J.D.
12-07-2013, 12:58 AM
You really are a moron.

FiveHole12
12-07-2013, 06:58 AM
First period for BC was not good and Billet held the fort for a 1-0 lead.

Santini - backed off of a monster hit early in the 2nd in the neutral zone on a guy who had just gotten rid of the puck... smart play. Absolutely drilled a puck carrier in the neutral zone later in the 2nd period... man that kid can hit... it's all timing. I was afraid he was going to get another 'hitting too hard' call for the 5 minute major, but rightfully so, no call.

Line of the future: JG-Fitz-Cangelosi... we saw the debut last night, for 5 seconds on a line change. GOAL! BC's 3rd goal, could see it coming (like I can see this being a line down the road ;)). Dynamic. Would also reunite the chemistry of Hayes-Arnold.

Hockey East refs: Let's see... one of D-1's best players already has a breakaway goal on the night. He receives a pass just over center ice and with 1 d-man to beat for another breakaway, he pushes the puck past the d-man then slides around him. He's off to the races again... except... TvR has one chance to stop the breakaway and he takes it... he hooks JG to the ice. JG called for embellishment... are you chitting me? That's a 90% chance of a goal and JG would prefer a PP? The refs conferred at center ice to come up with that gem. Some day I am hoping they meet at center ice to help each other remove their heads from their arses.

sterlippo1
12-07-2013, 07:17 AM
Here's mine, with GIFs:

http://www.bcinterruption.com/boston-college-hockey-2013-14-season/2013/12/6/5184198/goal-by-goal-boston-college-hockey-dominates-new-hampshire-6-2

"But what the hell, seriously? I don't think I've ever seen a more concerning 4 goal victory?"

amen to that, brother . Again , we played about 15 minutes of good hockey and you have to say, UNH dominated for vast stretches of this game. I said somewhere, we play like that up in Durham tonight it will be 6-2 the other way

sterlippo1
12-07-2013, 07:20 AM
Hockey East refs: Let's see... one of D-1's best players already has a breakaway goal on the night. He receives a pass just over center ice and with 1 d-man to beat for another breakaway, he pushes the puck past the d-man then slides around him. He's off to the races again... except... TvR has one chance to stop the breakaway and he takes it... he hooks JG to the ice. JG called for embellishment... are you chitting me? That's a 90% chance of a goal and JG would prefer a PP? The refs conferred at center ice to come up with that gem. Some day I am hoping they meet at center ice to help each other remove their heads from their arses.

hahahahhaha, you are a riot FiveHole12. I knew you would have something to say about that beauty

Onion Man
12-07-2013, 10:47 AM
UNH can't handle BCs speed. Like many teams, they will press but BC will get puck control and off they go on a 2 on 1. Very dangerous set of forwards

claver2010
12-07-2013, 10:55 AM
Re the lines like fitz and cangelosi out there together but would like some size w it. But for now throw gaudreau out there with them. Imagine that on the big ice tonight?

Would like to see Arnold and Hayes together more like last year

Like you, on santinis hit I was waiting for an arm to shoot up, very clean hit but that hasn't stopped these idiots before

Loved Umile whining for an elbow

TonyTheTiger20
12-07-2013, 11:13 AM
UNH can't handle BCs speed. Like many teams, they will press but BC will get puck control and off they go on a 2 on 1. Very dangerous set of forwards
This seems especially so with UNH -- especially once BC got a lead it was like a track meet with all of our odd-man rushes.

Cross Check
12-07-2013, 11:50 AM
Last night kind of reminded me of the RPI game earlier where the final score made it look as if BC dominated the game much more than they did, and BC cashed a very high percentage of their chances.

That said, after the first period made it look like they were headed towards a third straight bad game, they played much better afterwards. Let's see how they react tonight on the road.

FiveHole12
12-07-2013, 12:07 PM
The Brown line logged a ton of minutes last night, presumably to match up with UNH line? I wasn't crazy about seeing them on the ice for what seemed like every other shift, but if we're going to come away with 6-2 wins because of it, I'm all in. :)
Capt. Brown gotta stay outa the box though!

Calnan/Gilmour/Silk looked good, although Silk has trouble keeping up with the frosh. Very few minutes for that line in the third. Silk, Straight, Sit cannot skate like the newcomers, IMO. Now that the frosh have sowed their oats at this level, maybe put a frosh line together and a triple S line... 'S' for slow, or, Silk-Sit-Straight. ;)

carltonbarrett
12-07-2013, 01:01 PM
The Brown line logged a ton of minutes last night, presumably to match up with UNH line? I wasn't crazy about seeing them on the ice for what seemed like every other shift, but if we're going to come away with 6-2 wins because of it, I'm all in. :)
Capt. Brown gotta stay outa the box though!

Calnan/Gilmour/Silk looked good, although Silk has trouble keeping up with the frosh. Very few minutes for that line in the third. Silk, Straight, Sit cannot skate like the newcomers, IMO. Now that the frosh have sowed their oats at this level, maybe put a frosh line together and a triple S line... 'S' for slow, or, Silk-Sit-Straight. ;)

Not sure why everyone here and over on EA is beating up on Straight so much, the kid had a goal and an assist and was +2 last night. It's pretty clear he doesn't make a lot happen by himself, but when paired with skilled linemates, he is a legit scoring threat, certainly more so than Silk and some others..

sterlippo1
12-07-2013, 01:35 PM
Not sure why everyone here and over on EA is beating up on Straight so much, the kid had a goal and an assist and was +2 last night. It's pretty clear he doesn't make a lot happen by himself, but when paired with skilled linemates, he is a legit scoring threat, certainly more so than Silk and some others..

he cleaned up for Fitzgerald but hey, he was there to do so. Can't say under any circumstances you can ever say he is a legit scoring threat though. He IS better than last year but if the the new guys develop the way we want, his minutes should dwindle down the stretch

J.D.
12-07-2013, 07:29 PM
is it possible for the SMTs to commit a penalty?

sterlippo1
12-07-2013, 08:24 PM
Hayes continues to just kill it.

carltonbarrett
12-07-2013, 10:14 PM
2 more goals for Alex Tuch tonight and Milano assisted on both of them. These two are going to be fun to watch next year. They obviously have great chemistry and will hopefully be on the same line.

Hokydad
12-07-2013, 10:34 PM
Sonny Milano. OHL rookie of the year