PDA

View Full Version : Boston College Eagles 2013-2014 season thread -Speed returns to The Heights

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52

claver2010
07-30-2013, 08:11 AM
$50 for a frozen fenway ticket...highway robbery

And thats for the $h!tty seats, $75 if you actually want to see the game.

sterlippo1
07-30-2013, 08:27 PM
$50 for a frozen fenway ticket...highway robbery

agree. i paid $90 a ticket in State Street Pavilion ( third base roof boxes) second row, for the first one vs BU and it was worth it. This event ain't that event, IMO. Ill see it on TV

NCAAfan500
07-30-2013, 10:34 PM
Getting ready for the next season, dug up some BC/Dartmouth photos from last season that I never got the chance to post:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/88298351@N03/sets/72157634836206533/

Good game. Kelley Rink is one of the nicer arenas I've been to.Don't get to many rinks?

J.D.
07-31-2013, 12:13 AM
Nothing wrong with Conte now that air conditioning is finally being installed...

I don't know where it stands in comparison to every rink, but it's certainly above average.

sterlippo1
07-31-2013, 06:11 AM
Nothing wrong with Conte now that air conditioning is finally being installed...

I don't know where it stands in comparison to every rink, but it's certainly above average.

no doubt. After HAA , Tsongas and Notre Dame's beauty it's next in line in HE, IMO (please, no Mullins or Matthews or even Whitt, I'm all set with them )

claver2010
07-31-2013, 08:21 AM
I know this will invite our friends from down the road but I hate Matthews

sterlippo1
07-31-2013, 08:16 PM

i like Northeastern but do not like Matthews though it was great for high school hockey in the 70's:eek: . It is required for a hockey fan to go once but after the first time there's no need to go again unless you are following your team

FiveHole12
07-31-2013, 11:54 PM
Haha... I like Matthews, and Lawler. Not the Gut... crappy seats for us visitors up there.

Any season ticket holders here? I've been for 16 years and never received notice, via email or US postal, that renewals were now open. Thanks to Claver mentioning it at EA, I went online and renewed. Renewals expire on August 16th. After that, you could lose your seats.

J.D.
08-01-2013, 01:05 AM
More incompetence from ticket office

sterlippo1
08-01-2013, 02:05 PM
More incompetence from ticket office

thanks FiveHole...........JD, I guess they just weren't going to tell us that they aren't mailing anything out any longer, huh? They sent the email about renewing for the great $5 discount but i dont recall it saying that was the only way to renew. UFB

ericredaxe
08-01-2013, 03:37 PM
thanks FiveHole...........JD, I guess they just weren't going to tell us that they aren't mailing anything out any longer, huh? They sent the email about renewing for the great $5 discount but i dont recall it saying that was the only way to renew. UFB

Welcome to our world...

FiveHole12
08-01-2013, 09:40 PM
The gentleman that used to sit behind me for years was a long, long time season ticket holder. Not only for hockey, but also basketball and football, and supported every BC team. We would be chatting on the concourse and he'd be saying hi to students, by name, as they walked by... it was a softball player, or baseball player, etc. This guy's blood was maroon and gold.

Anyway, ticket office never sent him the hockey renewal application one year. He finally realized it was near September and he hadn't heard anything, so he called the ticket office. They had sold his seats after the deadline. The ticket office made no attempt to contact him to see if he was going to renew, etc. Just kissed him off after all those years and sold his seats. They wound up getting him two other seats in the lower bowl, but geezuss.

Thiessen'sBetter
08-02-2013, 03:41 AM

I can see that, the seats they sell as the "visitors section" at Matthews are pretty poor. I think you only really take pride in the history of the building if its your home rink and as far as seating goes, 1st row balcony (especially behind the benches), is a superior vantage point to any rink I've ever been in. All of those seats are taken by season ticket holders and students though. Rows 2-6 in the balcony aren't steep enough and it is hard to see over the person in front of you and the lower bowl is pretty standard for an old barn. Definitely a similar situation to Red Sox fans loving Fenway, while Yankees, Jays and Orioles fans are sick of the cramped seating and lack of amenities.

sterlippo1
08-02-2013, 05:38 AM
The gentleman that used to sit behind me for years was a long, long time season ticket holder. Not only for hockey, but also basketball and football, and supported every BC team. We would be chatting on the concourse and he'd be saying hi to students, by name, as they walked by... it was a softball player, or baseball player, etc. This guy's blood was maroon and gold.

Anyway, ticket office never sent him the hockey renewal application one year. He finally realized it was near September and he hadn't heard anything, so he called the ticket office. They had sold his seats after the deadline. The ticket office made no attempt to contact him to see if he was going to renew, etc. Just kissed him off after all those years and sold his seats. They wound up getting him two other seats in the lower bowl, but geezuss.

you just can't make this sh*t up

claver2010
08-02-2013, 08:04 AM
I can see that, the seats they sell as the "visitors section" at Matthews are pretty poor. I think you only really take pride in the history of the building if its your home rink and as far as seating goes, 1st row balcony (especially behind the benches), is a superior vantage point to any rink I've ever been in. All of those seats are taken by season ticket holders and students though. Rows 2-6 in the balcony aren't steep enough and it is hard to see over the person in front of you and the lower bowl is pretty standard for an old barn. Definitely a similar situation to Red Sox fans loving Fenway, while Yankees, Jays and Orioles fans are sick of the cramped seating and lack of amenities.

Very fair assessment.

Agreed the 1st row balcony seats are awesome but the "experience" that goes along with it sucks. By experience I mean dealing with the students but maybe if I went to a non-BC game where only diehards were there I woul dhave a different POV

BU2K
08-02-2013, 09:53 AM
Agreed the 1st row balcony seats are awesome but the "experience" that goes along with it sucks. By experience I mean dealing with the students but maybe if I went to a non-BC game where only diehards were there I woul dhave a different POV

And a lot more seats to choose from. :)

PPGuru
08-02-2013, 01:00 PM
Not that NU looks to be all that interested in investing in the Hockey Program, but I think it's time to admit that Matthews is not a plus in the recruiting game. Local prospects know that the only time the old place rocks is when BU or BC visit, and that most other nights it's just Family and Friends. Student support is reflected in the teams record. The Matthews experience gets old quick for the majority of new students. It is hard to sell to a recruit that you are committed to being a contending Program and then show them the Arena, while other schools are offering newer (by decades) amenities. Bottom line: NU has to show recruits that they are serious and it starts with where they will be playing (and who they will be playing for).

sterlippo1
08-07-2013, 12:13 PM
Jerry looking good in that picture on front page of USCHO. Here's to hoping that all that he went through last year medically is behind him and he's in great shape for the new year. We are within 60 days of the opener

TonyTheTiger20
08-08-2013, 06:52 PM
Very fair assessment.That was my response as well. Very well said.

Not that NU looks to be all that interested in investing in the Hockey ProgramThey just spend a bajillion dollars on renovating the place...

but I think it's time to admit that Matthews is not a plus in the recruiting game.I disagree with this.

Local prospects know that the only time the old place rocks is when BU or BC visit, and that most other nights it's just Family and Friends.This is true for most schools in Hockey East.

When you consider how freaking terrible their team has been since Thiessen left, it's pretty amazing how they still pack that place to the brim for BC and BU games.

You're kidding yourself if you think NU is below average in term of atmosphere.

REDMEN2002
08-15-2013, 09:05 PM
Just renewed and bought two upper level seats for Frozen Fenway. Tomorrow is the online deadline. Also received an application in the mail that had a later date, the 21st or 23rd (can't remember the exact date). Anyone else notice this?