PDA

View Full Version : Boston College Eagles 2013-2014 season thread -Speed returns to The Heights

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52

Nick Papagiorgio
10-08-2013, 05:02 PM
Sullivan is out. I assume he saw the writing on the wall.

Cut?

Bostonfan999
10-08-2013, 06:07 PM
Sullivan is the first of a few that will be dropped this season. 16 forwards. 8 defence. One forward will go and maybe one D. Things don't get much better next year. A few decent college players are going to be in the stands for the next two seasons.

mookie1995
10-08-2013, 08:12 PM
nothing wrong with that. you wanna be the best of the best, that takes a special kid.

nice problem to have :D

Bostonfan999
10-08-2013, 09:03 PM
nothing wrong with that. you wanna be the best of the best, that takes a special kid.

Yes but is doesn't look good for college hockey. This problem has been brewing for over a year and will flow into next season. Soon it will backfire. Sometimes to much of a good thing is not a good thing.

Bostonfan999
10-08-2013, 09:10 PM

Yes but is doesn't look good for college hockey. This problem has been brewing for over a year and will flow into next season. Soon it will backfire. Sometimes to much of a good thing is not a good thing.

BC/HE
10-08-2013, 10:17 PM

I wanted to reply before the letters changed but the q's in the first post mysteriously changed to g's without editing. I have had the same problem lots of times when I post too but the result is taken as intended in editing even though it looks wrong. Anyone else have this problem?

BC/HE
10-08-2013, 10:23 PM
See what I mean. Wrong looks like a q but when I go to edit it shows up as 'gee' and I cannot change it. Edit: Two minutes later and the q became a g.

Drew S.
10-08-2013, 10:30 PM

Agreed about it not being good for college hockey. This is four kids York has cut ties with in the last couple of years. Maine has done it as well so not trying to be holier than thou. In this situation, why didn't York just cut him over the summer? He could have been eligible the for the fall of '14. Now he will have to wait until winter '15 and only have two and a half years of eligibility left. It seems rather unnecessary to me.

TonyTheTiger20
10-08-2013, 10:33 PM
Agreed about it not being good for college hockey. This is four kids York has cut ties with in the last couple of years. Maine has done it as well so not trying to be holier than thou. In this situation, why didn't York just cut him over the summer? He could have been eligible the for the fall of '14. Now he will have to wait until winter '15 and only have two and a half years of eligibility left. It seems rather unnecessary to me.Or it could be that Sullivan wanted to be here and wanted to have the opportunity to work hard enough to make the roster, but was the odd-man out.

Speaking of York, per The Kid he has named Billett "Donuts" Skillet as starter for Thursday.

sigx15
10-09-2013, 12:51 AM
They were adament about Demko earning the starting job and I think unless he totally out performed billet then he wasn't going to start game 1. That said, we've seen a freshman earn it before during the season but he goes to the upper class men first in goal.

I think its important to remember Billet was a fairly high profile goalie commit coming in and was assumed to be the next in line until Demko came in early and through a curve ball into the mix. That said, I think it may not take even a bad start for Billet to lose his job. Could just be a couple stellar ones from Demko early on to gain the job.

York usually, unless its a returning starting goalie, doesn't establish his go to guy until 1/3-1/2 through the season in circumstances similar to this.

J.D.
10-09-2013, 01:54 AM
Or it could be that Sullivan wanted to be here and wanted to have the opportunity to work hard enough to make the roster, but was the odd-man out.

Right. And how do we know Sullivan and others weren't told that this would happen at the end of last season/coming into this year? It's quite possible everyone associated with the team knew cuts would be made. I don't love it either, but that's life.

Bostonfan999
10-09-2013, 08:06 AM
Right. And how do we know Sullivan and others weren't told that this would happen at the end of last season/coming into this year? It's quite possible everyone associated with the team knew cuts would be made. I don't love it either, but that's life.

Its becoming like the CHL. More about winning and less about the kids an development. The boys commit, spend a few years on campus, then get moved out. In Sullivans case was he really given every opportunity to succeed? Its just wrong

Bostonfan999
10-09-2013, 08:11 AM

Its becoming like the CHL. More about winning and less about the kids an development. The boys commit, spend a few years on campus, then get moved out. In Sullivans case was he really given every opportunity to succeed? Its just wrong

all bear
10-09-2013, 08:20 AM
Will ole one eye let the donut hole get a start this season? Inquiring minds really \ need to know.

claver2010
10-09-2013, 08:24 AM
Regarding Sullivan, agreed it doesn't feel right.

According to the kid Destry is out and Sit is in for tomorrow.

No problem with Billet getting the start, it's a long season and Demko will certainly have his shot.

I checked the tv guide and amongst the millions of channels, no BC-Michigan.

Tomorrow's game is on WEEI locally, which I believe all games will be.

TonyTheTiger20
10-09-2013, 08:46 AM
Jesus Christ, my high school baseball team had cuts. It's life. You perform and you make the team or you don't and you're cut. It's not like the kid wasn't given a chance. Seriously.

TonyTheTiger20
10-09-2013, 08:48 AM
Regarding Michigan not (as of now) streaming the game online: Michigan's hockey SID is Jeff Weinstein, BC '08 and former Heights Sports editor. You may remember him as the guy who utterly embarrassed his Notre Dame counterpart on ESPN First Take.

Just a thought.

Hokydad
10-09-2013, 08:51 AM
so i guess they are no different than the other programs. just didnt have the numbers in the past

nice to see mcarthy named captain at UVM and loved watching Lovejoy in that fight Sunday eve...

claver2010
10-09-2013, 10:56 AM
Jesus Christ, my high school baseball team had cuts. It's life. You perform and you make the team or you don't and you're cut. It's not like the kid wasn't given a chance. Seriously.

Apples meet oranges.

I'm not outraged about it but as I said, it doesn't feel right.

Regarding Michigan not (as of now) streaming the game online: Michigan's hockey SID is Jeff Weinstein, BC '08 and former Heights Sports editor. You may remember him as the guy who utterly embarrassed his Notre Dame counterpart on ESPN First Take.

Just a thought.

One of the greatest ESPN clips around.

bothman
10-09-2013, 11:07 AM

If a kid gets cut and decides to transfer so that he can play, does he have to sit out a year?

When a coach gets cut, does he have to sit out a year?

That's where this breaks down for me.