Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets tell D.G. of Let's Go DU Sports to change his mind...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets tell D.G. of Let's Go DU Sports to change his mind...

I guess we're not going to have the Let's Go DU blog to kick around anymore.

I am kind of saddened because it was fun for one of the greatest rivalries in all of college hockey. Thoughts?
    Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
    Eric's Twitter
    The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Re: Lets tell D.G. of Let's Go DU Sports to change his mind...

meh... a little less whine with our cheese.

edit: I guess I will miss going into the comments section and seeing the du fanboys crying about the big bad Sioux.
    Last edited by willythekid; 06-07-2013, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
      meh... a little less whine with our cheese.
      Not a fan of his site eh?
      Eric's Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
        Not a fan of his site eh?
        It was entertaining at times... In all seriousness, losing any college hockey blog is a blow to college hockey. We need all of the coverage we can get.

Comment

I really don't get why DU is against its own mascot. Mascots are supposed to be fun. Not some whack-*** version of a loser's concept of holistic modernism
          BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
          Skating Friar Jersey
          AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
          UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
          Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
            I really don't get why DU is against its own mascot. Mascots are supposed to be fun. Not some whack-*** version of a loser's concept of holistic modernism
            Some think that Boone is racist... I don't personally think that it is. I actually think it's a cool mascot.
            Eric's Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
              It was entertaining at times... In all seriousness, losing any college hockey blog is a blow to college hockey. We need all of the coverage we can get.
              I like the back and forth between teams. DU and UND is an awesome series.
              Eric's Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
                Some think that Boone is racist... I don't personally think that it is. I actually think it's a cool mascot.
                Really? Some people have WAY too much time on their hands going over centuries long grievances.

I was shocked by the magnitude of the vote by student gov but most of those are preening types who are trying to work their ways into positions of cultural power and not related to the desire to represent the welfare of their fellow students.

One of these days I wish some of these guys or gals sack up and explain themselves in fora like this and leave themselves open to rebuttal. But then again, it wouldn't serve the young solons of America club all that well
                BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                Skating Friar Jersey
                AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

So I guess we can just read the BU student newspaper's police blotter to select our Bad Boyz nominees?
                  Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                  The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                    Really? Some people have WAY too much time on their hands going over centuries long grievances.

I was shocked by the magnitude of the vote by student gov but most of those are preening types who are trying to work their ways into positions of cultural power and not related to the desire to represent the welfare of their fellow students.

One of these days I wish some of these guys or gals sack up and explain themselves in fora like this and leave themselves open to rebuttal. But then again, it wouldn't serve the young solons of America club all that well
                    I don't know how some of these people come up with some of this stuff.
                    Eric's Twitter

Comment

A university mascot task force is formed and announces the finalists are an elk, a jackalope and a mountain climber.
                      Really??
                      Last edited by SteveP; 06-07-2013, 10:49 AM.
                      Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

So basically everybody who set up the NCHC is leaving before they play a game? Gwoz, their Commish, and now Let's Go DU?
                        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                          So basically everybody who set up the NCHC is leaving before they play a game? Gwoz, their Commish, and now Let's Go DU?
                          Well, if one "like minded" individual leaves, don't they all? I mean, they are "like minded" and such.....
                          Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                          FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                          NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                          NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                          NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                          NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                          Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                          Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                            Really??
                            They are better off being Lewis & Clark than a Jackalope.
                            Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                            dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                            wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Boone is a bearded boy with an evil grin and soulless black devil eyes. One can only imagine the sick and perverted symbology that some satanist Disney cartoonist embedded in that monstrosity. It could have been the devil himself (Walt Disney) who engineered the sick design of that grotesque abomination. Most of us are aware of the hidden symbology in all these Disney characters. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that James Holmes watched all the Disney movies when he was a child. And look how that turned out.

The primary Red color of the outline. The 66.6 degree angle of his open arms beckon the youth to come enjoy satan's pleasures. Then of course there is the celebratory cap which encourages the killing of Raccoons which are one of natures pure delights and as inoffensive a small mammal as one can name. All of that points to devilry. Wake up people. Boone is SATAN. DG's support of it once boded ill for his everlasting soul.

Jesus has shown DG the way. Allow him to take that course in peace.

Comment

Working...
                              X