PDA

View Full Version : Lets tell D.G. of Let's Go DU Sports to change his mind...

Pages : [1] 2

Goon
06-07-2013, 10:06 AM
I guess we're not going to have the Let's Go DU blog to kick around anymore (http://letsgodu.blogspot.com/2013/06/one-final-news-notes-from-around.html).

I am kind of saddened because it was fun for one of the greatest rivalries in all of college hockey. Thoughts?

willythekid
06-07-2013, 10:11 AM
meh... a little less whine with our cheese.

edit: I guess I will miss going into the comments section and seeing the du fanboys crying about the big bad Sioux.

Goon
06-07-2013, 10:13 AM
meh... a little less whine with our cheese.
Not a fan of his site eh?

willythekid
06-07-2013, 10:16 AM
Not a fan of his site eh?

:p It was entertaining at times... In all seriousness, losing any college hockey blog is a blow to college hockey. We need all of the coverage we can get.

Patman
06-07-2013, 10:20 AM
I really don't get why DU is against its own mascot. Mascots are supposed to be fun. Not some whack-*** version of a loser's concept of holistic modernism

Goon
06-07-2013, 10:21 AM
I really don't get why DU is against its own mascot. Mascots are supposed to be fun. Not some whack-*** version of a loser's concept of holistic modernism
Some think that Boone is racist... I don't personally think that it is. I actually think it's a cool mascot.

Goon
06-07-2013, 10:22 AM
:p It was entertaining at times... In all seriousness, losing any college hockey blog is a blow to college hockey. We need all of the coverage we can get.
I like the back and forth between teams. DU and UND is an awesome series.

Patman
06-07-2013, 10:30 AM
Some think that Boone is racist... I don't personally think that it is. I actually think it's a cool mascot.

Really? Some people have WAY too much time on their hands going over centuries long grievances.

I was shocked by the magnitude of the vote by student gov but most of those are preening types who are trying to work their ways into positions of cultural power and not related to the desire to represent the welfare of their fellow students.

One of these days I wish some of these guys or gals sack up and explain themselves in fora like this and leave themselves open to rebuttal. But then again, it wouldn't serve the young solons of America club all that well

Nick Papagiorgio
06-07-2013, 10:40 AM
So I guess we can just read the BU student newspaper's police blotter to select our Bad Boyz nominees?

Goon
06-07-2013, 10:41 AM
Really? Some people have WAY too much time on their hands going over centuries long grievances.

I was shocked by the magnitude of the vote by student gov but most of those are preening types who are trying to work their ways into positions of cultural power and not related to the desire to represent the welfare of their fellow students.

One of these days I wish some of these guys or gals sack up and explain themselves in fora like this and leave themselves open to rebuttal. But then again, it wouldn't serve the young solons of America club all that well

I don't know how some of these people come up with some of this stuff.

SteveP
06-07-2013, 10:46 AM
A university mascot task force is formed and announces the finalists are an elk, a jackalope and a mountain climber.

Really?? :rolleyes:

Jimjamesak
06-07-2013, 10:53 AM
So basically everybody who set up the NCHC is leaving before they play a game? Gwoz, their Commish, and now Let's Go DU?

beaverhockeyfan
06-07-2013, 12:14 PM
So basically everybody who set up the NCHC is leaving before they play a game? Gwoz, their Commish, and now Let's Go DU?

Well, if one "like minded" individual leaves, don't they all? I mean, they are "like minded" and such.....

4four4
06-07-2013, 12:17 PM
Really?? :rolleyes:

They are better off being Lewis & Clark than a Jackalope.

uaafanblog
06-07-2013, 01:10 PM
Boone is a bearded boy with an evil grin and soulless black devil eyes. One can only imagine the sick and perverted symbology that some satanist Disney cartoonist embedded in that monstrosity. It could have been the devil himself (Walt Disney) who engineered the sick design of that grotesque abomination. Most of us are aware of the hidden symbology in all these Disney characters. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that James Holmes watched all the Disney movies when he was a child. And look how that turned out.

The primary Red color of the outline. The 66.6 degree angle of his open arms beckon the youth to come enjoy satan's pleasures. Then of course there is the celebratory cap which encourages the killing of Raccoons which are one of natures pure delights and as inoffensive a small mammal as one can name. All of that points to devilry. Wake up people. Boone is SATAN. DG's support of it once boded ill for his everlasting soul.

Jesus has shown DG the way. Allow him to take that course in peace.

Ralph Baer
06-07-2013, 01:37 PM
Jesus has shown DG the way. Allow him to take that course in peace. They have put the God back in Goddard? ;)

dggoddard
06-07-2013, 02:18 PM
Needless to say, I'm humbled by this thread. But eight years blogging is enough and there's other social media platforms out there that require less work and offer the possibility of reaching more people.

I'm going to miss kicking around the North Dakota and CC fans like a beachball.

A majority of the early visits to LetsGoDU came from USCHO regulars. That enabled to the LetsGoDU to find its legs and develop an audience. So for that, I am very grateful for all the early visits and especially the other WCHA bloggers and sites.

I hope that DU can resolve its mascot issue quickly and fairly and then I will look into assembling a team and launching a new social media project that will help DU & college hockey.

Until then, this is my new favorite thread. :)

Biddco
06-07-2013, 07:09 PM
I think he stopped the blog because he knew a DU player or two was going to the Bad Boyz of The Year*

Biddco
06-07-2013, 07:11 PM
Well, if one "like minded" individual leaves, don't they all? I mean, they are "like minded" and such.....Don't forget though! The Haters, who are essential to the NCHC will thrive and prosper.

Dirty
06-07-2013, 08:04 PM
What a copycat, I quit blogging like three years ago. DG is just trying to follow in my trailblazing footsteps.