Graduates on the Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graduates on the Cup

Can you list the graduates (vs. attendees) of an individual U.S. college or university who have their names on the Stanley Cup? The bragging rights would be interesting, but the information is hard to come by.
    Last edited by Osorojo; 06-08-2013, 07:35 AM.

Re: Graduates on the Cup

I want to know? Is every college have at least one alum on the cup? What about coaches, trainers, owners, and equipment managers?

Comment

Who has the most or only one? Lists?

Comment

DU, if somehow Pittsburgh wins the Cup this year, rookie Beau Bennett would get his name on it. Not looking good for the Pens right now.

http://letsgodu.blogspot.com/2011/06...-cup-ties.html
        DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

If the refs fully understood that Brett Hull's foot was in the crease, JoƩ Juneau very well could have been on there.

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
            DU, if somehow Pittsburgh wins the Cup this year, rookie Beau Bennett would get his name on it. Not looking good for the Pens right now.

http://letsgodu.blogspot.com/2011/06...-cup-ties.html
            Looking pretty friggen good for the Boston Bruins though. Yay!
            Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
            Eric's Twitter
            The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Of Frank Brimsek, Bret Hedican, Matt Cullen, and Joe Motzko, only Motzko actually graduated from St. Cloud State.
              scsuhockey.com
              CollegeHockeyRecruitExchange.com

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                If the refs fully understood that Brett Hull's foot was in the crease, JoƩ Juneau very well could have been on there.
                RPI does have Mike McPhee on the cup.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

For a hockey player having your name on the Stanley Cup is the ultimate goal. Alumni of colleges and universities have a right to be proud of the accomplishments of their fellows, and maybe even to brag about them. Cheeto bandiditos on this site either are not proud of the greatest hockey achievements by their school's graduates or they don't think graduation from "their" school is important.

Comment

Originally posted by Pink Pony View Post
                    I want to know? Is every college have at least one alum on the cup? What about coaches, trainers, owners, and equipment managers?
                    I know both UAA and UAF have alums on the Cup. There might be a few schools that do not.
                    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by The Exiled One View Post
                      Of Frank Brimsek, Bret Hedican, Matt Cullen, and Joe Motzko, only Motzko actually graduated from St. Cloud State.
                      Motzko has a ring, but I don't think his name is on the Cup.
                      Don't think he had enough games played to automatically qualify and I don't think the team put him on there.
                      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Osorojo View Post
                        [self-evident tautology, reaction to which is contrued by me as] either [outlandish possibility one] or [outlandish possibility two]
                        Have you ever noticed how frequently you offer up an "either / or" scenario in which the best reply is "neither"?

not every situation in life is bi-variate, you know.

That's a fairly basic rhetorical trick. You can do better if you put your mind to it.
                        "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                          Have you ever noticed how frequently you offer up an "either / or" scenario in which the best reply is "neither"?

not every situation in life is bi-variate, you know.

That's a fairly basic rhetorical trick. You can do better if you put your mind to it.
                          An even more common rhetorical evasion is to answer a question with a question, as you have. If "neither" is the answer please suggest a third (or fourth . . . ) alternative. Put your mind to it.

Comment

I'll play. Off the top of my head...
                            Rob Scuderi, Boston College (1997-2001), 2001 NCAA Champion, 2009 Pittsburgh Penquins Stanley Cup, 2012 LA Kings Stanley Cup
                            Brian Gionta, Boston College (1997-2001), 2001 NCAA Champion, 2003 New Jersey Devils Stanley Cup
                            'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              But, they didn't so Tony Hrkac got his name on there instead.
                              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                              Originally posted by Quizmire
                              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Working...
                              X