X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Hockey 2013-2014 Part 1: Red Dawn

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    It's a tournament that kicks off this season held at the Prudential Center. When I bought my Devils tickets my agent told me that Maine was among the future invitees and STH get a nice discount on tickets. This year it is just ECAC teams but they will open it up starting next season. One of the things that made the Devils attractive to me is that the arena is 2 blocks from the train station. I am expecting them to be among the 2016 invitees, but t won't break my heart if they are there next season.
    Liberty Hockey Invitational

Comment

No, but it would be unusual to play in the IceBreaker and then three weeks later be in yet another tournament.
      Unusual yes, but I don't think you can just rule it out (especially with the IceBreaker exemption), they are just OOC games there isn't any additional burden on the team. BU played 3 different in season tournaments in 2008-09.

Comment

No, but it would be unusual to play in the IceBreaker and then three weeks later be in yet another tournament.
        More or less unusual than playing non-conference games against UMass?

Also, how many tournaments did the 42-1-2 team play in? The Anaheim tournament, wasn't there one in Alaska and one at like Clarkson?

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
          More or less unusual than playing non-conference games against UMass?

Also, how many tournaments did the 42-1-2 team play in? The Anaheim tournament, wasn't there one in Alaska and one at like Clarkson?
          Way more unusual. We have played OOC games against BU, UHN and Lowell in the past, and have two scheduled vs UHN each of the next two seasons.

In 91-92 we played in three tournaments and 92-93 we played in four. Back then we hosted the Dexter Classic which was replaced by Maine co-hosting the Florida Tournament.

Comment

Bruins Alumni vs Maine Alumni in Lewiston October 5th. Bruins Alumni feature Bourque, O'Reilly, Middleton, Linesman, B Sweeney, Krushelnyski, Beers, T Sweeney, Shoebottom, Sogin, Larose, Lemelin, Daskalakis and Coach Brad Park. Maine Alumni include Corkum, Ingraham, D Capuano, E & J Weinrich, Salfi, Golden, Fenton, Perron, Metcalf, MacIsaac, Libby, Rodrigue, Turgeon, Wensley, Kerluke, Morrison, Allison and Coach Javier Gorriti.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackBear81 View Post
              Bruins Alumni vs Maine Alumni in Lewiston October 5th. Bruins Alumni feature Bourque, O'Reilly, Middleton, Linesman, B Sweeney, Krushelnyski, Beers, T Sweeney, Shoebottom, Sogin, Larose, Lemelin, Daskalakis and Coach Brad Park. Maine Alumni include Corkum, Ingraham, D Capuano, E & J Weinrich, Salfi, Golden, Fenton, Perron, Metcalf, MacIsaac, Libby, Rodrigue, Turgeon, Wensley, Kerluke, Morrison, Allison and Coach Javier Gorriti.
              How come they get Beersy!?

Comment

I would like to see Ben Guite on the Maine team.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                  I would like to see Ben Guite on the Maine team.
                  Ben's going to be kind of busy that weekend

Comment

Sounds like a lot of fun. Who's the beneficiary of this game?

Comment

Got a link to the event? The Bruins Alumni schedule hasn't been updated in a while...

Comment

• Just changed my seats,can't see one corner that well but they are far more comfortable
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Way more unusual. We have played OOC games against BU, UHN and Lowell in the past, and have two scheduled vs UHN each of the next two seasons.

In 91-92 we played in three tournaments and 92-93 we played in four. Back then we hosted the Dexter Classic which was replaced by Maine co-hosting the Florida Tournament.
                          So, multiple tournaments have happened in the past, too. I just don't see Maine skipping a tournament because it is the second of a season (or third in this case, counting Florida). What is Maine protecting, its two games against New Brunswick? A weekend with AIC?

Comment

• Originally posted by AMC View Post
                            So, multiple tournaments have happened in the past, too. I just don't see Maine skipping a tournament because it is the second of a season (or third in this case, counting Florida). What is Maine protecting, its two games against New Brunswick? A weekend with AIC?
                            Those were holiday tournaments, not two in three weeks to open the season. It would allow Maine to get extra pub in two separate seasons. And yes, Maine would prefer the extra home dates. Hopefully Red will have the team positioned to upgrade the schedule - although it isn't unheard of for a team to schedule some cupcakes at home.

Comment

Any news on goalie coach?

Comment

Still nothing about it on the Colisse site.

Comment

Working...
                                X