This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
    OMG. Stop everyone. So this years schedule sucks. What do you expect from a program that has fallen to this level over the last few years. If I was a quality team I wouldn't schedule Maine either. It WILL get better. For chrissst sakes. Chill. let Red do his thing then we'll have quality opponents back at Alfond for OOC games. Stop wanting instant gratification for every goddammmn aspect of this program. We've chit the bed. It's gonna take a little time to rebound. Jeez.
    Maybe Yale will come to Alford.

Comment

• Re: Maine Hockey 2013-2014 Part 1: Red Dawn

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
      OMG. Stop everyone. So this years schedule sucks. What do you expect from a program that has fallen to this level over the last few years. If I was a quality team I wouldn't schedule Maine either. It WILL get better. For chrissst sakes. Chill. let Red do his thing then we'll have quality opponents back at Alfond for OOC games. Stop wanting instant gratification for every goddammmn aspect of this program. We've chit the bed. It's gonna take a little time to rebound. Jeez.
      That's fine, but if you are going to put together a terrible schedule, charge us less money for tickets!

Comment

• Former Maine goalie Scott Darling has signed an AHL contract with Milwaukee Admirals, affiliate of the Nashville Predators.
        https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
        Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

He certainly had his moments on both sides of the spectrum... When he was good, he was impressive, and when he was bad, he was really bad.

I'm rooting for him, in any case.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
            He certainly had his moments on both sides of the spectrum... When he was good, he was impressive, and when he was bad, he was really bad.

I'm rooting for him, in any case.
            Was he the little girl who had a little curl?
            bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
            SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
            All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
            A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
              That's fine, but if you are going to put together a terrible schedule, charge us less money for tickets!
              That shut them up.

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
                That shut them up.
                Or people just got sick of arguing.

Most reasonable people agree that ticket prices are too high (particularly in light of what UHN offers) but the U isn't going to deviate off that $50 price point for a while - and when they do it will go up.

On another note, Tyler Walsh will not be continuing at Maine He accepted a job as the DHO/Video Coordinator at Canisius.

Comment

• Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
                  Former Maine goalie Scott Darling has signed an AHL contract with Milwaukee Admirals, affiliate of the Nashville Predators.
                  Impressive comeback for Darling...always thought he was pretty special, I saw him run a 1-0 win against UNH in Manchester NH and later found out he was likely boozed up for the occasion which was baffling

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Kasabian View Post
                    Impressive comeback for Darling...always thought he was pretty special, I saw him run a 1-0 win against UNH in Manchester NH and later found out he was likely boozed up for the occasion which was baffling
                    I was at that game too. It's admirable of him to persevere like he has, and to now be in the AHL. Hopefully he'll keep improving and become one of Milwaukee's best.
                    Last edited by blackbearbandie; 07-23-2013, 09:52 AM.

Comment

2015 ice breaker will be in Portland at the CCCC.

Comment

Tyler Walsh will be the new Director of Hockey Operations at Canisius College

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
                          My early guess at a lineup: Maine, Michigan State Michigan, Denver, Union

Michigan State has been in the tournament four times and it seems that is the current max. BC, BU, Minnesota and Notre Dame will all have four appearances after 2014. 2015 will be Maine's fourth appearance.

So with Hockey East hosting, the most likely lineup is Wisconsin (3) or Michigan (2) from the BTHC, Denver (2) or North Dakota (3) from the LTHC and then Union (2) from the ECAC. Penn State would be an interesting choice (BTHC) as the new program in college hockey. Other candidates would be the AHA's Army (2) or Air Force (2) or St Lawrence (3) from the ECAC.
                          Last edited by Priceless; 07-23-2013, 04:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by AMC View Post
                            My guess would be AIC, Sacred Heart, Maine, and Bentley

Comment

I'm going to say Maine, Minnesota, UNO and RPI.

Comment

• Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
                                I'm going to say Maine, Minnesota, UNO and RPI.
                                Not sure if you're joking but RPI won't be playing in 2015 event as they're playing in 2014 tourney.

Comment

Working...
                                X