X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Hockey 2013-2014 Part 1: Red Dawn

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
    The residuals of the situation. The person in charge seeing the writing on the wall and all. A long slow f both ways. Let's just hope the season games are taken serious next season so that Maine has a chance at the playoffs. That is - the ncaa playoffs. But it isn't a reflection of the new staff and with all that we wished for, if all we have to beach about is this lackluster schedule and how the BU women fans have unusually thick mustaches... then we are gonna be ok.
    Maine ought to be OK in terms of the PWR- despite the iffy-at-best OOC schedule -as long as they finish top-four in HEA.

There will most-likely be plenty of RPI points up for grabs there.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
      Maine ought to be OK in terms of the PWR- despite the iffy-at-best OOC schedule -as long as they finish top-four in HEA.

There will most-likely be plenty of RPI points up for grabs there.
      They just need to take care of business and win. Everything will fall into place.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeyman99 View Post
        They just need to take care of business and win. Everything will fall into place.
        just take it one game at a time and give it 110%?

or is the answer Jesus?

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
          The residuals of the situation. The person in charge seeing the writing on the wall and all. A long slow f both ways. Let's just hope the season games are taken serious next season so that Maine has a chance at the playoffs. That is - the ncaa playoffs. But it isn't a reflection of the new staff and with all that we wished for, if all we have to beach about is this lackluster schedule and how the BU women fans have unusually thick mustaches... then we are gonna be ok.
          poor scarlet getting picked on like that

Comment

Originally posted by MaineHockeyMom View Post

or is the answer Jesus?
            Some days you win, some days you lose, some days it rains.

Oh wait...

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
              Some days you win, some days you lose, some days it snows.

Oh wait...
              What about ties?

Comment

or is the answer Jesus?
                For some people it could be both. Here's a headline from this past winter:

UMaine women’s basketball director of operations leaving program to pursue religious vocation
                http://bangordailynews.com/2013/01/1...ious-vocation/

That article was from this past January. That bus accident the women's basketball team was on could have been a heckuvalot worse than it was, so it makes you wonder... Certainly does put athletics into perspective for those that have an eye for the spiritual side..

Comment

or is the answer Jesus?
                  The answer is always Jesus.
                  bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                  SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                  All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                  A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                    I know, but my dam physics professor wouldn't even give partial credit with that answer.

Comment

Whose fault is it Maine Hockey has fallen off so much in recent years...

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                      Figures.

Comment

Whose fault is it Maine Hockey has fallen off so much in recent years...

Figures.
                        I don't know about you all, but I'm thankful for the new coaching staff we have, and the old staff seems to be doing quite well too with former Coach Whitehead and his wife taking jobs at a nice academy in NH, former assistants Kerluke and Alexander with their goalie app, and Coach Corkum with his new position with the Islanders.

Whether or not you feel there's a Divine hidden (or not so hidden) hand present, it's good to appreciate the little things and be thankful that we've made it this far, and it's good to help each other out as much as we can as our journey continues.
                        Last edited by blackbearbandie; 07-19-2013, 03:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                          Darn hippies...
                          Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

I'm looking forward to Maine benefitting from the proposal on the front page of the site that would ensure established powers visit small, underfunded programs.

It will be good to see teams from the power conferences visit the Alfond again.

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
                              I'm looking forward to Maine benefitting from the proposal on the front page of the site that would ensure established powers visit small, underfunded programs.

It will be good to see teams from the power conferences visit the Alfond again.
                              Yes, when I think of small hockey schools, Maine is right there with RIT, Bentley and AIC.

Comment

Yes, when I think of small hockey schools, Maine is right there with RIT, Bentley and AIC.
                                looking at Maine's schedule, I see that Maine IS right there with AIC and Bentley.
                                and as I look at the recent Frozen Fours, I THINK that RIT is ahead of Maine

Comment

Working...
                                X