Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hopefully you will find this a fun read-let me know...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hopefully you will find this a fun read-let me know...

I wanted to thank everyone for your feedback and encouragement. It has been suggested that I change the name because people were concerned it might be a spam link...so I've changed the title of the blog and the link to:

Old Time Hockey: My life as a hockey player, dad, coach, fan and referee
    http://oldtimehockeyfornow.blogspot.com/

I originally started the blog while on an adventure to Mexico to visit a shaman who was supposedly going to heal my back.. I was fairly skeptical but went anyway and kept a journal of my trip. Feel free to go back and read it if you like....people seemed to enjoy it...

My relating my hockey experiences from just kind of happened and I kept getting requests for more so I've kept writing. It's been a lot of fun and I will continue until I run out of stuff to say that I hope will be worth reading.

thanks again.

Steve
    Last edited by cosmo46; 06-13-2013, 06:46 PM. Reason: based on feedback from readers.

Re: Hopefully you will find this a fun read-let me know...

Great story....can't wait for the next chapter!
    Middlebury Hockey....The Greatest DIII Show on Skates

Comment

I enjoyed it.

Comment

Interesting and very familiar.
        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Been enjoying your adventures, Steve.

Growing up in Texas and Oklahoma, hockey was as foreign to me as it was to you in Florida. The University of Denver changed all of that.
          GO DU !!!

Comment

Enjoying this tremendously, I kind of parallel you so far, a couple of years older. Keep going please.

Comment

I added a new chapter. It takes an unexpected turn, but in a decade or so it comes back to all hockey, all the time;
              Senior league, tournaments in Europe, youth, prep, junior and more college hockey. I hope you will be patient with me.
              Last edited by cosmo46; 06-13-2013, 05:56 PM. Reason: I changed the link and title of my blog

Comment

Good Lord, I added you as a contact, sshablak@aol.com. I had a Siberian husky, have serious back problems(herniated discs, stenosis etc) and am a financial advisor. Played college(SUNY Canton) where we were National NJCAA Champions both years I was there. Played ten years of semi pro and some in the NAHL, sound familiar ?

Comment

Yes but are you as good looking as me? Just kidding. What a small world. Do I owe you any royalties on this saga?

Comment

Originally posted by cosmo46 View Post
                    I added a new chapter. It takes an unexpected turn, but in a decade or so it comes back to all hockey, all the time;
                    Senior league, tournaments in Europe, youth, prep, junior and more college hockey. I hope you will be patient with me.
                    http://mexicoestefan.blogspot.com/?m=1
                    Found my 1975-76 ECAC Hockey guide. A lot of defunct teams and a lot of rinks that had not been built yet. My son's college coach was a freshman @ BU (but he did not dress when BU visited Clarkson ).

Oh yea -- you're listed on the UConn roster.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Can you send me a picture of the uconn roster. I'm trying to get my hockeydb stats updated. But I'm missing 74-75 and 75-76. If so send to cosmo46@earthlink.net

Thanks.

Comment

Enjoying this, forgot to also say my name is Steve S. And, I played against the Johnstown Jets and the famous Carlson Bros(goons). Tell me you had a customized Ford van or a Celica and I'll take some of those "royalties".

Comment

I did own a celica at some point in the 80s! Too funny.

Comment

based on feedback so as to not look like this may be spam, I changed the title and link of the blog to:

Comment

I just added a new chapter.
                              On Becoming a Hockey Dad
                              http://oldtimehockeyfornow.blogspot....y-dad.html?m=1

Comment

Working...
                              X