Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UConn 2013-2014: Let the Cavanaugh Era Begin

Originally posted by RSTuthill View Post
    Hehehe. Trash talking is the sincerest form of flattery. Let's see how QU and Yale do this season after losing all the personnel.
    With QU, you have a point. Yale, not so much. Andrew Miller will be tough to replace, but they have lots of depth and some high end freshmen.

Comment

Can't wait for the second chapter. You had to live in CT to understand the wrecking company reference. Not quite Whitey Bulger, but something along those lines.
      I'm glad you caught that....Tony Soprano understands as well.

There are a total of 11 chapters posted so far.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyjunkie10 View Post
        With QU, you have a point. Yale, not so much. Andrew Miller will be tough to replace, but they have lots of depth and some high end freshmen.
        These things go in cycles. We shall see. You should know I am a Clarkson alum, so I am not going to argue that the ECAC isn't strong right now. But who gets to brag in the state of CT this coming year should be very interesting. I can wait for October, but after the Michigan and Maryland FB games I will start to get antsy. Should be fun.

Comment

Go Clarkson! But ECAC Quinnipiac/Yale and HE bound UCONN are on two different planets right now. Also, although QU lost many seniors they have lots of depth coming back next year and they have a good group of studs coming in. They have the best line in the country returning intact: Peca, K. Jones, and C. Jones. They also have CT native Samuels-Thomas who humiliated St. Cloud State in the Frozen Four. UCONN should stick to B-Ball. Although it took them two overtimes to beat a weak Quinnipiac team at the Paradise Jam last fall.

Comment

Yup. On a different planet entirely. Right. What was the score last year at Hamden? 1-2 was it? And you think QU will make it to the final of the UConn tournament this year to play the Huskies? I doubt it.

Comment

State Championship game 1973
              Hamden 3
              West Haven 0.

Comment

Originally posted by cosmo46 View Post
                State Championship game 1973
                Hamden 3
                West Haven 0.
                Remember that game well, too bad you guys could not hang around until '77 when West Haven finally broke through against Hamden in the final. That was my senior year at WHHS and it was unforgettable. Some of the talent on those early seventies Hamden, West Haven and Amity teams certainly went unnoticed or the kids just would rather enter the workforce, which was much easier to do back then. Hopefully more Westies and Greenies will follow in your footsteps to UCONN, having Joe there will certainly help recruiting, if we can get the soccer balls and lacrosse sticks out of the kids hands.
                YALE HOCKEY
                2013 National Champions

Comment

There are a total of 11 chapters posted so far.
                  Can get to Chapters 1 & 11. In between, not so much.

One of the Schiavone's ran for governor, btw.

Comment

Hi, I can't tell if you mean you can't literally get to them in which case, just go to http://oldtimehockeyfornow.blogspot.com/
                    And scroll down to the archive on the right hand side...You should be able to see them all listed there....all have been posted in June

or if you mean you can't get in to them, as in you don't find them interesting in which case I can't help you! :-)

Either way I appreciate the feedback.

Can get to Chapters 1 & 11. In between, not so much.

One of the Schiavone's ran for governor, btw.

Comment

Either way I appreciate the feedback.
                      Thanks. Not to worry. Great stuff. But you didn't mention Dave Taylor's college career which was quite amazing too. At uno where ....
                      Last edited by RSTuthill; 06-23-2013, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by antioch1098 View Post
                        Lets not forget huskies that the state of Connecticut is dominated by Quinnipiac and Yale in hockey and that the ECAC has become the best college hockey league academically and athletically. Union destroyed Boston College and Yale defeated UMASS Lowell in the NCAA tournament. The Frozen Four ended up being the ECAC Invitational. There would have been three ECAC teams in the Frozen Four if Union did not have to play Quinnipiac in the East Regional. Also, Quinnipiac was 3-0 against Hockey East teams last season. They defeated Maine, Providence, and UMASS Amherst. QU was 4-0 if you count UCONN in that HE group.

However, I am happy that a new-and-improved Hockey East UCONN will hopefully provide improved competition for nationally elite Quinnipiac and Yale. Go Bobcats, Go Bulldogs, Go Dutchmen, Go ECAC Hockey League!!!
                        You might want to check the box score on that one.
                        #NewMass

Comment

It's great to see the ECAC finally compete on the national stage, it demonstrates the strength and popularity of the sport. The Northeast US is becoming a hot bed for producing great hockey players. That said, it's about time ECAC. The league has been the red headed step child for too long. One year does not make a dynasty or power house conference, we'll see what the future holds, but they are gaining momentum and that's great for the sport.

UConn has a tremendous opportunity to tap into that said NE talent pool. I believe they, and Coach Cav, need a new rink to attract serious talent, but supposedly it's on the way. Once construction actually starts, we all know how these things take a while, UConn will have a legitimate facility to compete with the other Hockey East powerhouses. For that fact alone we need to give the new coach a few years. This year is about winning a league championship and earning a bid to the NCAA's. The next three to five years is about building a rink and attracting top level talent to Storrs.

Comment

Originally posted by UConnHuskies View Post
                            This year is about winning a league championship and earning a bid to the NCAA's. The next three to five years is about building a rink and attracting top level talent to Storrs.
                            Agreed. Nice post.

Comment

Originally posted by UConnHuskies View Post

UConn has a tremendous opportunity to tap into that said NE talent pool. I believe they, and Coach Cav, need a new rink to attract serious talent, but supposedly it's on the way. Once construction actually starts, we all know how these things take a while, UConn will have a legitimate facility to compete with the other Hockey East powerhouses. For that fact alone we need to give the new coach a few years. This year is about winning a league championship and earning a bid to the NCAA's. The next three to five years is about building a rink and attracting top level talent to Storrs.
                              I know I'm in the minority, but I am of the opinion that UConn can't fall flat this year. Given everything, they should be able to compete for the AHA title. Look, in a 1 and done tourney, anything can happen..weird bounce anything...But they need to be right there all year long. I absolutely think it is critical that the Huskies go into Hockey East with some momentum.

Comment

Looks like the schedule is out. How do we feel about Sacred Heart as one of the seven NC games? And the Holiday Tournament at the XL Center?
                                Last edited by RSTuthill; 08-03-2013, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X