No announcement yet.

UConn 2013-2014: Let the Cavanaugh Era Begin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome weekend. Which raises the question: how did they lose to SHU?

Comment

• Re: UConn 2013-2014: Let the Cavanaugh Era Begin

hey lowell also lost to sacred heart

Comment

Huge 4 points against a solid RIT team. Welcome back Harris! If he gets hot, this team will be a tough opponent night in and night out. Their compete level has been solid all year, except for the SHU game last weekend, and if they start burying pucks, watch out.

Let's keep it going.

Comment

Good weekend. Winning Friday night definitely set the tone I think. Despite my initial misgivings, I think Cav has done a very nice job to date having this team ready to go and being able to tough out close ones.

Comment

Just heard a reference to a concept of UConn's new barn. Heard there was a concept on display for potential donors last week. Anyone else have any information (maybe a picture!!!) on this? I saw a concept a few years ago that called for expanding the existing Freitas (It almost looked like they replaced the existing building with a bigger one leaving the rink where it is, which would be feasible given the type of construction) but I'm curious what this new plan calls for.

Comment

Originally posted by UConnHuskies View Post
              If he gets hot, this team will be a tough opponent night in and night out.
              The hat trick didn't meet your definition of hot??

Comment

Originally posted by RSTuthill View Post
                didn't he have 2 additional assists, too? I think we could say with some degree of confidence that he got hot...

Comment

A hat trick is obviously a great single game individual accomplishment, Brant had a tremendous game no doubt. However, getting hot would be coming back with multi point games this weekend leading the team to 4 more league points.

Let's hope the recent "no show" against SHU taught these guys a lesson, because they need to dominate this weekend, at home, against a team in the lower half of the league.

Comment

Let's hope the recent "no show" against SHU taught these guys a lesson, because they need to dominate this weekend, at home, against a team in the lower half of the league.
                    Absolutely. Absolutely. If there has been a recurring theme over the past couple of decades it is that drag on the program's progress has almost invariably been due to failure to take care of business in these situations. They need to have BETTER than average games in these circumstances, not just scraping by. Of course, I am sure the coaching staff has been drilling that message home bigtime.

Comment

Absolutely. Absolutely. If there has been a recurring theme over the past couple of decades it is that drag on the program's progress has almost invariably been due to failure to take care of business in these situations. They need to have BETTER than average games in these circumstances, not just scraping by. Of course, I am sure the coaching staff has been drilling that message home bigtime.
                      It has been very frustrating for sure. Last year they finally showed some signs of overcoming that tendency. Let's hope that trend continues.

Comment

Ask and you shall receive.....Harris with 2 more goals last night, 5 goals in his last 2 games is catching fire.

They need to take care of business tonight and put some pressure on Bentley.

Comment

Ask and you shall receive.....Harris with 2 more goals last night, 5 goals in his last 2 games is catching fire.

They need to take care of business tonight and put some pressure on Bentley.
                          What was that about asking and receiving?

Over on the Atlantic Hockey Pick'em thread I said this might happen.
                          Last edited by RSTuthill; 01-10-2014, 07:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RSTuthill View Post
                            What was that about asking and receiving?

Over on the Atlantic Hockey Pick'em thread I said this might happen.
                            That was about Harris heating up, so no relation to the loss. That's a bad one. Lets hope for a Bentley loss this weekend and earn a split next weekend.

Didn't see that let down coming, need a response against the best of the AHA next weekend.

Comment

Didn't see that let down coming, need a response against the best of the AHA next weekend.
                              So much for all the senior leadership BS. Turned out to be just that ... BS. They really let the fans down.

Comment

Think we have seen this movie before. When you drop games to teams you should be beating, then you go into Mercyhurst needing to win both. Ain't gonna happen. MC is too good. Even if UConn plays out of their minds MC is likely to take four points.

Comment

Working...
                                X